• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

Hmm...ep 3? It was before they joined the Corp and Eren had a dream.

Also,
his mom got eaten. People turning into Titans should just be a special case, whether they received an injection or something.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I need to go check that out again because that's pretty big.

More silly speculation after episode 8 :
Yeah, but who's to say she didn't get the injection as well, then? I know it's pretty outlandish, but it'd be a pretty awesome - and sickening - twist. Either way, it's an interesting revelation, hopefully we get to understand the relationship between the humans, the Titans and Eren being inside one.
Pretty crazy idea, but, hey. :p

Can't get enough of this intro song.

We need a Shingeki no Kyojin game on PS4, made by
Platinum

jK8a0Xnk6mxag.jpg

TheLight

I spoiled myself a bit about the Eren/Titan thing, but it is pretty interesting. It just makes titans that much more fucking mysterious. Like what ARE THEY.

neoism

ep 8 :O :*( love this anime... Really wish they would take a week more or something, and add to the animation though this ep was really laking in that department...

I wasn't expecting Eren to be driving the titan lol glad he is back though

RangerBAD

ep 8 :O :*( love this anime... Really wish they would take a week more or something, and add to the animation though this ep was really laking in that department...

I wasn't expecting Eren to be driving the titan lol glad he is back though

They still wouldn't have the money to do it. I'm sure there's understaffing going on.

I don't think it is under staffing. People were talking earlier in this thread about the absurd number of key animators they have working on this. I kind of hope they are stretching themselves thin so they can work on multiple episodes at a time and eventually build up a one week buffer or something. Is it a terrible sin to take a week off? I know they issued a formal apology for not delivering full episodes just a week ago, but I don't know if it is a contractual issue or a reputational one.

There is a part of me that wishes I'd waited to watch Attack on Titan until I could just go through all the episodes. SO GOOD. I haven't watched any anime since...damn, I think .hack was the last thing I watched, and that was back in 2006 when I did. This is great though, really enjoying it.

Titan 8

Surprised anime viewers are having a warmer reaction then I did to the twist. It'll be interesting to see how people react to where things go from here though.

Really did enjoy the episode as a whole, the only still that really bothered me was the walking down the stairs one. If you want to do still images do it off no name characters being eaten or escaping, not of the core cast interacting.

Dat mouth to neck action :p Loved it

And no it shouldn't be platinum who makes a game for this..it should be Sucker Punch.

lol I thought it was more hilarious when he kicked the smaller Titans with his feet and was beating the crap out of the ones that ganged up on him.

Killing the Titan that killed Thomas was just icing on the cake.

Edit:

I'm telling you guys Sony Santa Monica! They did Kratos's blades of Chaos which is dual wielded just like in Titans. A Kratos skin bonus would be pretty awesome as well to kill Titans with. :p

Daingurse

All I have to say about the latest Episode is reading the manga didn't really ruin anything. This anime handles scenes so much better than the manga, and I enjoy comparing the show with the source material. Animation in general is much better at conveying a sense tension than comic panels, it just is IMO. I also love watching this show with my brother who is watching the series cold. haha

B.O.O.M

lol I thought it was more hilarious when he kicked the smaller Titans with his feet and was beating the crap out of the ones that ganged up on him.

Killing the Titan that killed Thomas was just icing on the cake.

Edit:

I'm telling you guys Sony Santa Monica! They did Kratos's blades of Chaos which is dual wielded just like in Titans. A Kratos skin bonus would be pretty awesome as well to kill Titans with. :p

Yeah I'm all for a Sony Santa Monica x Sucker Punch game. SP for the open world and traversal. SSM for the combat

kirblar

Titan 8

Surprised anime viewers are having a warmer reaction then I did to the twist. It'll be interesting to see how people react to where things go from here though.

Really did enjoy the episode as a whole, the only still that really bothered me was the walking down the stairs one. If you want to do still images do it off no name characters being eaten or escaping, not of the core cast interacting.
They're clearly doing it for budget reasons, given the amount of FX necessary for the wirework action scenes. I don't have a problem with the tradeoff, although a break midway through probably wouldn't be a bad thing if they're running that close to the wire on the show right now.

Dali

Episode 8: aka you got some 'splainin' to do. Omg, wtf? Has this show just turned into
a giant robot show
under our noses?

Dali

Just occurred to me what usually happens to characters in this situation in most anime.
Even though he saved their bacon and showed no interest in harming humans, they'll still, against all logic treat him like dirt because of what he became.
Hope they don't go this route. So tired of the nonsensical
"he's different, let's hate him even though he's our savior" crap.

End of Ep. 8:

What...the fuck? How...the fuck?

My guess is that its
the shit that his dad injected into him by force. Perhaps the doctor knows more about the titans and anyone else and has some sort of titan DNA that can make you turn into one if need be. I knew this couldn't be the end of Eren, that would just be terrible. The scene where titan Eren saves Mikasa is similar to the one where he saves her when they are children, thats when I knew it was him.

Anyway. This anime is shaping up to be godlike all around. Love the characters, the animation and the action. And the twists, so unexpected.

Sew gewd.

LogicStep

My guess is that its
the shit that his dad injected into him by force. Perhaps the doctor knows more about the titans and anyone else and has some sort of titan DNA that can make you turn into one if need be. I knew this couldn't be the end of Eren, that would just be terrible. The scene where titan Eren saves Mikasa is similar to the one where he saves her when they are children, thats when I knew it was him.

Anyway. This anime is shaping up to be godlike all around. Love the characters, the animation and the action. And the twists, so unexpected.

Sew gewd.

I'm right there with you man. This shit is godlike.

Dali

My guess is that its

Sew gewd.

What if
all the injections did was allow him to keep some part of consciousness? What if inside every Titan there's a little person in the cockpit? I mean think about it. Their weak spot is the nape of the neck where Eren was inside his Titan-bot. Coincidence? Maybe. Could be its their weak spot because you're killing the pilot though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Just occurred to me what usually happens to characters in this situation in most anime.
Even though he saved their bacon and showed no interest in harming humans, they'll still, against all logic treat him like dirt because of what he became.
Hope they don't go this route. So tired of the nonsensical
"he's different, let's hate him even though he's our savior" crap.

Yea, I'll dash your hopes right here, the episode 9 preview indicated that humanity is going to hate Eren for those very reasons.

Dali

Yea, I'll dash your hopes right here, the episode 9 preview indicated that humanity is going to hate Eren for those very reasons.

lol, and they were doing so well in not falling into annoying anime tropes.
I mentioned earlier about this descending into a show about the lead's existential crisis and becoming a mopey, annoying, adolescent, "hero" (i.e. Evangelion) jokingly. I hope I was wrong. Pleeeease don't let this turn to shit, Japanese writer guys. I know it may be your first inclination to throw some psycho-babble bullshit into this show, but just focus on the fight against the Titans and the Band of Brother-ness. That's what brought everyone here. That's what will get us to stay.

What if
all the injections did was allow him to keep some part of consciousness? What if inside every Titan there's a little person in the cockpit? I mean think about it. Their weak spot is the nape of the neck where Eren was inside his Titan-bot. Coincidence? Maybe. Could be its their weak spot because you're killing the pilot though.

That definitely could be the case. Then could the titans who are attacking be
advanced weapons used by an unknown nation far outside the walls to conquer Eren's people (and perhaps other countries as well)? Then the pilots of the titans must be brainwashed or trained to kill and nothing else. The colossal red titan and the armored titan seem to be like Eren though.

This is so interesting.

duckroll

Lol. No they weren't. The story has always been a scam since the start. It's just a typical shounen action manga wrapped in false pretence and an interesting setting. Nothing more. Hope you like people shouting a lot and getting nothing done, cause there's a whole lot more of that coming.

Dmax3901

This ep was so good, aside from the few scenes without animation that have been mentioned. The action kicked ass, haven't enjoyed an anime like this for a while.

Totakeke

I mentioned earlier about this descending into a show about the lead's existential crisis and becoming a mopey, annoying, adolescent, "hero" (i.e. Evangelion) jokingly. I hope I was wrong. Pleeeease don't let this turn to shit, Japanese writer guys. I know it may be your first inclination to throw some psycho-babble bullshit into this show, but just focus on the fight against the Titans and the Band of Brother-ness. That's what brought everyone here. That's what will get us to stay.

Uh... um... let's just watch the show shall we?

It's definitely not the first time duckroll is wrong on anime if he is. :p

Ikael

Lol. No they weren't. The story has always been a scam since the start. It's just a typical shounen action manga wrapped in false pretence and an interesting setting. Nothing more. Hope you like people shouting a lot and getting nothing done, cause there's a whole lot more of that coming.

I dunno, I've got mixed feelings on that regard. Just when I started thinking "God the main character is as annoying and self righteous like every other goddamn shonen character ever, he needs to be punched in the face", Mikasa just stepped in and did exactly that.

Dali

I admit it is starting to feel that way. It's DBZ all over again. I'm watching 20 minutes of slide show for 2 minutes of action. I enter every new episode waiting for the big payoff, but it never happens. Sure we get little plot nuggets, but in a full on attack of the city after watching several episodes of them training to fight, you'd expect to see more... fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom