• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not always. Sometimes you just want to have something fast, and you have the money to pay for it, but the outcome suffers because you're not willing to wait.

true, but until the action scenes of them flying around look like a filler episode of Naruto, I'll continue to believe that they are at least putting top priority(and effort) into the scenes that matter

EDIT: But Don't get me wrong, I wish the whole thing was animated, but at the same time I'm enjoying the fact that they put some effort into the wire-fu

They could have easily kept the camera view as a wide shot and had a character pan in to a scene with a Titan instead of what they are doing.

It feels like I am a fly on there shoulder trying to keep up with them as they take down a Titan.

Please stop derailing this thread with your garbage.

Hey, I'm just driving the conversation to the lowest point it can go as fast as possible. Instead of us having to deal with the same tired arguments people get in the Weekly manga Topic for pages on end.

Now if you excuse me I'll like to add that. I like where the Anime is going, when I read what happened to Eren I had to go read the manga immediately to know which kind of show this was going to be and was pleasantly surprised, There's still so many mysteries.

This thread is going downhill fast. I just started reading the manga, and haven't caught up with the show yet. I generally agree with the consensus that the anime is better, at least through what I have seen thus far, timing issues considered with cut corners. I've avoided epic manga based anime, especially ongoing since I have been burned on Berserk by the anime, and then on the Berserk manga by Idolmaster. I hope there is a solid point to end this series though, and that the manga will end in a reasonable time despite being job security and a likely cash cow for the creator.

I have never seen One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, or even Inuyasha, and so will abstain from that conversation, both for that reason and that it seems out of place/turning this thread hostile.

edit: Hey, Blade of the Immortal finally ended? Nice, I'll have to wrap that one up, haven't read in a few years. Did Inoue ever start doing Vagabond again? He was talking about being a year from done, and then just fucking stopped. I guess he had health issues or something, but then he was better, but still no more Vagabond. Sorry for going offtopic. But the fight over the story ever going anywhere and then the segue into never ending series ...

Fezan

Watched ep 8 loving the show but the twist was really cliche. Even my sisters who just watched 2 3 episodes knew what was going to happen so didn't surprised me a bit

Ikael

I really liked the initial premise and the first episodes, but I don't know how to feel @ episode 8. It seems that the authors are deliberately stripping the series from whatever originality it had on the begginind and turning this in yet another generic shonen show. Which is a damn shame, because I honestly liked the initial premise, and I would have loved if they pulled off an R.R.Martin, so to speak.

Why...why would you do this.

Hey, I'm just driving the conversation to the lowest point it can go as fast as possible. Instead of us having to deal with the same tired arguments people get in the Weekly manga Topic for pages on end.

Now if you excuse me I'll like to add that. I like where the Anime is going, when I read what happened to Eren I had to go read the manga immediately to know which kind of show this was going to be and was pleasantly surprised, There's still so many mysteries.

Oh I see, you're just a troll.

vareon

I really liked the initial premise and the first episodes, but I don't know how to feel @ episode 8. It seems that the authors are deliberately stripping the series from whatever originality it had on the begginind and turning this in yet another generic shonen show. Which is a damn shame, because I honestly liked the initial premise, and I would have loved if they pulled off an R.R.Martin, so to speak.

It's not THAT generic later on as it's still about survival and the titans being hopelessly unmatched. It does, however, feel more shounen-ish than the setting and premise suggest. It's still something I really enjoy until now and I have no problem telling people to continue.

I don't know why but I keep comparing this to Claymore. Both had interesting setting and premise at the start, but Claymore became more and more forgettable by now. In comparison, the AoT is driving to a clear direction...though whether or not people like that direction is unknown.

I think AoT needs to pull a Fullmetal Alchemist and end the manga and the anime at the same time, though.

Watched ep 8 loving the show but the twist was really cliche. Even my sisters who just watched 2 3 episodes knew what was going to happen so didn't surprised me a bit

I think the point is that they make it obvious (or at least hint it a lot) so that the audience stays tuned to corroborate their assumptions. The trick of television is to set up the next episode, after all.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
One Piece is shit, go back to praise in the Community Forum Ghetto where your bad taste belongs.

Don't return to this thread.

TrutaS

One problem I'm having with the anime is that they spend too much time with people getting anxious or feeling powerless or ashamed of not contributing more. I know that is a big thing in japanese society, and it is essential to develop the world of this particular story. But they don't need to fill every episode with these moments. They account for half of the running time of every single episode.

The manga is exactly the same, but at least we can just skip through pages quickly while in the anime the time is fixed and we have to go through all of it. I guess we could skip frames too but that is different because we loose content, in the manga we just read through it fast.

duckroll

One problem I'm having with the anime is that they spend too much time with people getting anxious or feeling powerless or ashamed of not contributing more. I know that is a big thing in japanese society, and it is essential to develop the world of this particular story. But they don't need to fill every episode with these moments. They account for half of the running time of every single episode.

The manga is exactly the same, but at least we can just skip through pages quickly while in the anime the time is fixed and we have to go through all of it. I guess we could skip frames too but that is different because we loose content, in the manga we just read through it fast.

That's one of the reasons why I tend to prefer reading manga for certain types of narrative. I felt the same way about Monster, even though it was a very faithful anime adaptation. I couldn't really watch it because it just felt so slow compared to how fast I can read a comic. At least here, the art is way better than the manga, and the action is pretty cool. Lol.

Don't return to this thread.

ibkQv7yL37kEW6.gif

Kvik

Loved ep. 8. Needs more Mikasa kicking arse in ep. 9, since they've all restocked on blades and gas.

I would love to see some character growth for Armin (Armout?) and see him become the squad's tactician.

Jigolo

lol @ winterfang. Dude wen't full on dumbass in this thread talking about Naruto.

I've only seen the first so far but am catching up with all the episodes these next few days. Got the Crunchyroll app on PS3 with a month of free membership. So 1080p for me :)

Jigolo

Just saw episode 2 and 3. First thing I want to address is the visions Mikasa was having at the beginning of episode 2. It was as though she's seen titans before that part. At least that's what I thought I saw in those flashes. I hope this gets addressed later.

So 2 years have gone by.....did they ever see their father or what? I know Eren had that weird dream with his pop giving him some kind of shot with a needle. And when he woke up he had the key so I'm guessing they met up before that dream took place?

Either way awesome show. If any of the questions I've had get answered in the next few eps then don't bother replying lol.

Also guys, why do chapters release only once a month? I don't read the manga but am curious.

EDIT:
Also that football Titan totally caught me off guard. I thought all titans were just huge unintelligent fat monsters. Consider me surprised when I saw that.

BIGWORM

EDIT:
Also that football Titan totally caught me off guard. I thought all titans were just huge unintelligent fat monsters. Consider me surprised when I saw that.

I believe his class is
Intelligent Titan?

I'm getting sort of giddy waiting on Ep 9 since Ep 8 came through with plenty of WTFs.

Also guys, why do chapters release only once a month? I don't read the manga but am curious.

EDIT:

Its in a monthly magazine.

I dont know why the companies never pursue the option of trying to get the series to go weekly once they get popular.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cause their monthly magazines will stay relevant if they have good stuff.

Blusby

This show is dying and it looks like the budget is dwindling with each episode. it was painful pausing to look through the frames while I was watching episode 08. Will this show survive or will it slowly petrify into an endless stream of stills? :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This show is dying and it looks like the budget is dwindling with each episode. it was painful pausing to look through the frames while I was watching episode 08. Will this show survive or will it slowly petrify into an endless stream of stills? :(

They're saving the budget for the next arc and some delicious Rivaille action.

SUPARSTARX

It's in line with the manga art lol

Chunky

Just got to the end of the first episode...
It's like someone thrust their fist right into my chest and gave my heart a big old squeeze, with this hyper-disturbing grin on their face the whole time. If they keep up the quality, this is going to be some good shit.

DrBo42

I laugh every time I see one of the derpy normal titans but I can't stop watching. The constant sobbing "I'm worth nothing/I can't do this" really gets old though. I don't know why this has to be so prevalent in anime.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I laugh every time I see one of the derpy normal titans but I can't stop watching. The constant sobbing "I'm worth nothing/I can't do this" really gets old though. I don't know why this has to be so prevalent in anime.

Because it's a horrific and blood soaked war that has no end in sight, against an army that seemingly cannot be stopped? I'm not sure I could buy them being all cool and confident faced with those odds.

DrBo42

Because it's a horrific and blood soaked war that has no end in sight, against an army that seemingly cannot be stopped? I'm not sure I could buy them being all cool and confident faced with those odds.

Come on, why are you trying to justify something so overplayed? It's still a good series.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I'm not sure if it's as played up in the anime as it is in the manga, but it is pretty clear in the manga that humanity is FUCKED, where there's no hope except to delay the eventual death of humanity of being eaten.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Come on, why are you trying to justify something so overplayed? It's still a good series.

It's overplayed in anime, no question, but it doesn't make their reaction any less appropriate given the situation.

DrBo42

It's overplayed in anime, no question, but it doesn't make their reaction any less appropriate given the situation.

I agree but because of it's overuse in anime in general it makes the impact of it fall extremely flat. Maybe I'm alone in that but it's so common that when I see it on-screen I immediately become annoyed.

Jonogunn

Ya the long speeches and over reactions is what turned me away from anime for the last 10 years.

DrBo42

What should they do instead then?

I asked myself that question earlier and I'm not sure. Maybe make it less exaggerated and less often? I don't think there's an easy fix (especially if people aren't as bugged by it as I am). To be clear, I'm not trying to attack something people like in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom