• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom - Launch Trailer

4jjiyoon

this little guy

TW7jlfP.png

Haunted

The manga had a cool premise but squandered its potential, imo. The story went off the deep end somewhere halfway through, went into a direction I really didn't like.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The manga had a cool premise but squandered its potential, imo. The story went off the deep end somewhere halfway through, went into a direction I really didn't like.

The moment it had people turning in Titans it shit the bed in my opinion.

Tizoc

Might want to put in spoiler tags any stuff that haven't been adapted into the anime please.

The moment it had people turning in Titans it shit the bed in my opinion.

Yep. The episode where the main dude died I was freaking hooked. And then in the very next one when I saw that certain titan I just groaned. I finished out the series but it lost a shit ton of appeal because of that mighty morphin crap.

Just a heads up, according to the CM on twitter AoT will be up on steam on the 26th as opposed to the 30th. I asked him last night if it would be on the 30th since I couldn't find anything specifically about steam and he said the 26th.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Whoa whoa whoa, no English dub? I'm not the biggest fan of the anime but I thought the game looked cool enough to give it a shot, but the lack of an English dub makes this a skip for me.

Whoa whoa whoa, no English dub? I'm not the biggest fan of the anime but I thought the game looked cool enough to give it a shot, but the lack of an English dub makes this a skip for me.

Most of the warrior games that aren't named Dynasty have been subbed only for a few years now. I'm not a fan either but after talking some with the CM (we have followed one another on twitter for like 2 years now and talk rather often around game releases) that it boils down to. Sub only or no release. The profits are there but small on all the non-dynasty named games.

If you're a GCU member at Best Buy it comes with a 10 dollar rz certificate. It's on the product page on the website but not part of the promo for everything else since those don't require GCU membership.

EGOMON

Damn i saw a new Titan on that video anyway I think am getting this game if at that time I didn't have anything else to play

BEWARE

THERE ARE SPOILERS for stuff not in season one of the anime.

But what there isn't, is a female Titan figma I can buy, and that's a dayum shame.

NeoRaider

Is the game running at 30fps on PS4/XB1?

It's 1080p/60fps on PS4 and 900p/60fps on Xbox One.

In an interview with GamingBolt, Hisashi Koinuma, producer on the game, confirmed as much. “The PS4 version runs at 1080p and VFR 60fps. The XboxOne version runs at 900p and VFR 60fps,” he said.

PS3/Vita versions are 30fps with drops.

mugwhump

Oh, it honestly looks pretty good. I played the multiplayer unity game for months. This doesn't look like the swinging will be quite as good, but it'll definitely be less janky. Will pick up.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well, the author was heavily inspired by the Muv Luv franchise. Instead of piloting giant robots, the people power Titans. Since he's such a big MLA fan he even drew a TSF mecha fighting titans.

Doesn't make it any better in my opinion. It's a mess after that and people turning into Titan's is honestly the least of the series problems after a while.

On topic, the game looks interesting and I'm curious how this actually plays. It looks a bit janky but it could go either way.

JimiNutz

Banned
Yep. The episode where the main dude died I was freaking hooked. And then in the very next one when I saw that certain titan I just groaned. I finished out the series but it lost a shit ton of appeal because of that mighty morphin crap.

I stopped after that episode.
Amazing premise that completely shat the bed. Game looks like throwaway fun I guess.

Gradly

I only watched the anime and still waiting for season 2 to debut, anyway, I've been trying to avoid any spoilers so far, I only watched few gameplay clips where u just fight a bunch of titans.

So is this only fighting or it follows a story? Is it an original story or they just follow the same plot of the anime/manga?

If they go deep in the events expected in season 2 I may wait before I get it cuz I'll choose the anime over playing a game or reading manga TBH

ezekial45

Banned
I only watched the anime and still waiting for season 2 to debut, anyway, I've been trying to avoid any spoilers so far, I only watched few gameplay clips where u just fight a bunch of titans.

So is this only fighting or it follows a story? Is it an original story or they just follow the same plot of the anime/manga?

If they go deep in the events expected in season 2 I may wait before I get it cuz I'll choose the anime over playing a game or reading manga TBH

It follows the first season in its entirety then covers some material after that. If you know what happens in the anime, then you're fine as far as spoilers go.

Top Bottom