• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATVI: "Crash surpassed our wildest expectations" and "looking at other classic IP"

L.O.R.D

WOAH!

iR3p0BL.gif

I played the Spyro games (the 3 on PS1) a couple years ago and was surprised that they (mainly 1 & 2) hold up pretty well. Better than Crash, honestly. I'd love to see those get the remaster treatment and I think it's fairly likely.

We need the CTR remaster first tho

Honestly, I imagine Vivendi are gearing up to make a Crash 4 of sorts as we speak.

As for Spyro... it should really be Insomniac.

How surprising that people actually want the things that they ask for, shocking I know.

It's truly unbelievable that so many companies are stupid and tone deaf enough to be unable to understand the demand for their own IP.

There are hundreds of older titles that would see just as much success as Crash did if the IP owners wanted to make money, but they clearly don't so they'll continue to be stupid and keep ignoring demand.

A remaster of the Spyro trilogy is definitely a no brainer. Folks of the past are dying to play those games plus new players would already be familiar with Spyro thanks to Skylanders.

Mikey Jr.

Not my cup of tea, but so glad people enjoyed these games and that it is doing really well.

In an alternate reality, I would have loved to see what they did with a custom PS4. Could look really cool.

Do not remake the yawn inducing Wrath of Cortex. CTR is a must. Crash Bash is give or take, but it wasn't a good quality game when it was released. I'd prefer an original game, a (fully realized) Twinsanity Remake, or a game in the Twinsanity style that is all new.

I actually want them to remake the Wrath of Cortex... Just not like they did these ones.

They should take the general story outline (Elementals + Crunch), stray away from the weirdness (convention of evil guys, seriously?), create a proper storyline and then make new levels out of it.

Imagine the possibilities!

Undrey

Hope this means a Twinsanity remake, a Spyro remake or a new Crash game.

A new Crash game would be amazing.

Hopefully this doesn't mean they're remaking everything ever tho.

Crash is extraordinarily important to me and the original trilogy composes some of my absolute favorite games of all time.

Spyro, though? On a different level. The difference is on a cosmic scale of how much I adore Spyro the Dragon. Hoping it's next.

Super happy about Crash's success!!!!!

Breakaway

I would buy a Spyro Trilogy just to experience Ripto's Rage again in HD. I haven't gotten Crash yet, but Spyro would definitely be day one. Good to see Crash do well; wonder what direction they'd go for a new title.

Kyrios

Please be Spyro. I love Crash but I'd take the original Spyro games over the original Crash games any day of the week.

collige

Banned
They lost the Tony Hawk license anyway, so they ain't going back to that well.
It just expired iirc. They could probably re-negotiate it, but who knows if Tony would be down for it considering they drove his name into the ground with the last game

PulseMC

Neo Member
It's simple, Activision puts out a Spyro remake, and they get all of my love and affection.

MSRP of my love and affection = $40

ZarKryn7

Spyro isn't nearly as big as Crash and I do not think a new Crash game would sell too much. Crash Team Racing makes the most sense.

I don't know where to start with post.

I guess I'll say.

CTR in some form is a given. My hunch is VV collabing with Sumo on it.

Moze

Banned
Still with this? Lmfao

I'm a big fan of Crash and always knew this collection would do well. A Sypro collection will not achieve the same success. Spyro is not Crash. A new Crash game will also struggle to achieve the same success due the nostalgia not being as strong.

A Crash Team Racing game will do very well imo.

EDIT: Maybe Skylanders would help Spyro. I am just speaking as somebody from 90s UK who knew back then that Spyro was not close to how big Crash was. It was just not nearly as popular when I was growing up. And the UK is one of the biggest markets for those PS1 platformers from what I understand. I just cannot see a Spyro collection having the same impact as this Crash collection. Not even close.

Audioboxer

Hoping they don't take away the wrong lesson here.

"What's that? You want us to run it into the ground again? Ok!"

Pretty much. Please enjoy a new terrible and cheaply made Crash sequel developed by a hack studio we signed up on the cheap.

What do you mean reviews tanked and it didn't sell? Well, that means no one likes Crash, time to retire the IP to the vault of good games we mishandled and killed off.

I'm a big fan of Crash and always knew this collection would do well. A Sypro collection will not achieve the same success. Spyro is not Crash. A new Crash game will also struggle to achieve the same success due the nostalgia not being as strong.

A Crash Team Racing game will do very well imo.

EDIT: Maybe Skylanders would help Spyro. I am just speaking as somebody from 90s UK who knew back then that Spyro was not close to how big Crash was. It was just not nearly as popular when I was growing up. And the UK is one of the biggest markets for those PS1 platformers from what I understand. I just cannot see a Spyro collection having the same impact as this Crash collection. Not even close.
Good thing it isn't "Crash level of success or bust". Spyro can do well in its own right. It doesn't have to match Crash.

Moze

Banned
Good thing it isn't "Crash level of success or bust". Spyro can do well in its own right. It doesn't have to match Crash.

I mean, this is Activision. I don't think a Spyro collection will achieve even half the success Crash has achieved.

Spyro would be harder to remake too wouldn't it? They were bigger, more complex games weren't they?

Yarbskoo

Just don't fuck up Spyro's colors.

Please.

You know what, just port them to PC with the assets as is. I would be fine with that.

Top Bottom