• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I asked about the Dark Soulsesque multiplayer component in a recent WD thread and apparently you can disable/opt out of it. I don't want people getting my way whilst I'm running around Chicago collecting god-knows-what. ;)

I'm sure Ubi will be dicks and make a cheevo something along the lines of 'play 20 hours while allowing people to jump into your Chicago' ;)

Deeku

Hi guys, I haven't really had much time to post but I'm living in Kobe now. It's really a very pretty place to live and the course I'm doing is great (although quite intense so far) :D

Also the download speeds are so incredible I want to cry.

If any of y'all are in Japan give me a shout. Jint, do you know where in Japan you'll be?
Whoooa cooool! Hope you're having fun!

And yeah, high five superior asian internetss!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure Ubi will be dicks and make a cheevo something along the lines of 'play 20 hours while allowing people to jump into your Chicago' ;)

Oh god, don't give them ideas. :( Black Flag's "social" chests/whales/convoys were a pain in the arse enough!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How much ramen have you had? A lot? I bet it's a lot.

Um, おげんきですか? なにかかいますか?

Don't answer in Japanese, I won't be able to understand it.
Yuuuuuup :D the university has a bunch of Japanese dishes available for like 200 yen so I have been having SO much ramen... and curry... and soba...

oh i didnt realise you were staying over there, thought it was just for a holiday.
how long are you going to be there for?
I'l be here till september!

Duh.. accept my friend request motherfucker!

Where's my friend request laf ;.;

Gazunta

OH FUCK OFF WHAT

God damn it all to hell

Fuck it I'm going to just live in a bunker with my C64 and Goon Show tapes forever fuck this modern world.

I'm pretty shocked to find that his ratings are pretty poor. Even more so that his youth market share is terrible.

Hope they don't go through with it. He is literally the only TV host that makes me laugh my arse off constantly through a show.

I still have nfi how that genre exists though. Everyone should be asleep when ANY of those shows start lol

I believe a few people complained about their being no major late night female talk show hosts.

"brought to you by the people who bought you beer milkshakes"
maxresdefault.jpg

also

Silicon Valley is well worth watching. Watch it. Don't watch a show called Betas with the exact same premise- its dogshit

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Gratz shan, that's pretty awesome.

So I bought eso everyone. Waiting for the final 2 gig to download.

Anyone else playing? We could be alliance buddies. Otherwise I'm going wood elf!

Posting while giving plasma.

Blood is outta my body in a thick tube. Weird!

ooh
I've only given whole blood (~12 times I think)
How long did it take you

I'm pretty shocked to find that his ratings are pretty poor. Even more so that his youth market share is terrible.

Hope they don't go through with it. He is literally the only TV host that makes me laugh my arse off constantly through a show.

I am not shocked to find his ratings poor lol
It's like the most esoteric late night show. Off-beat humour, a skeleton. His banter with guests is great but I am definitely not surprised.

I still have nfi how that genre exists though. Everyone should be asleep when ANY of those shows start lol

This is me also. Late night talk shows have always seemed odd to me. UK ones air at around 10 yeah? Ours are even earlier. Who watches the American ones? Are they a distinct subset of Americans who don't work 9-5? Are regular (well besides their staying up watching late night tv) timetabled people watching them?

ooh
I've only given whole blood (~12 times I think)
How long did it take you

This is me also. Late night talk shows have always seemed odd to me. UK ones air at around 10 yeah? Ours are even earlier. Who watches the American ones? Are they a distinct subset of Americans who don't work 9-5? Are regular (well besides their staying up watching late night tv) timetabled people watching them?

Plasma is about 40 minutes.

Yeah the UK ones are more regular times. I get the impression old retired people make up a good part of the Letterman audience.

Shaneus

Hey Gaz!

CBS have decided that the combo of Colbert followed by Craig Ferguson would just be too good, and lead to possibly great ratings, so they are looking to replace him......

with.....

Chelsea Handler
lolololol
OH FUCK OFF WHAT

God damn it all to hell

Fuck it I'm going to just live in a bunker with my C64 and Goon Show tapes forever fuck this modern world.
What the fuck exactly. God, I cannot STAND Chelsea Handler. There are plenty of funny women around Hollywood, give it to one of them something.

Hell, you know who would make a great ultra-late night talk show host? Rebel Wilson. I haven't seen her be not funny on late-night TV ever. She could pull it off, too.

Oh, so Supanova was surprisingly entertaining today, too. Qualified for the pinball tournament, (so it wasn't a total wash, yay!) but being there even just for people watching was super fucking interesting. Compared to some of the cosplay photos I've seen via GAF and elsewhere, Australians actually seems pretty goddamn fucking good at doing it... was almost always impressed with some of the characters I saw (even if I only recognised a small portion of them). Considerably breathtaking was a woman who was cosplaying as a character who looks like that blue opera singer from Fifth Element but isn't blue (I'm sure it's from another TV show). She was wearing very creatively painted leggings that made it look like she was wearing (almost) nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

Seriously, fucking ridiculously good looking.

But man, SO MANY NERDS. It completely put PAX last year to fucking shame. Even the retro gaming area at AusPAX had less outright nerds-per-square-metre than this thing.

Got some photos of two Daft Punks meeting each other, though. That was pretty rad. (and one was a guy I know who was kinda half promoting their DP tribute show... which was insane, because obviously I didn't recognise him from his face)

If anyone's going, come to the pinball area and say hi! No idea what I'll be wearing, but I'll be the only redhead with glasses in the area :)

Yea, Saw that posted a little while ago, Wasn't sure if you knew or not. I think you were flying to the US of A when it happened.

I'm on team green now anyway. Picked up a 780ghz edition a week or so ago.
How's that going for ya? No idea what it's replacing, but I think I'm almost in the market for a single GPU 3GB card that is at least comparable to my 5970/5850 setup. Hopefully there's still money in selling those (particularly the 5970) to coin miners.

Axiom

I just got all the trophies in the Lego Movie game but still have not seen the film itself yet. My priorities are out of whack.

Dammit though, there's so many kids in the theatre!

I freaking love Firaxis teaser trailers / CGI. So refreshing to see videogames that aren't directly about bald space men shooting each other. Always such uplifiting peaceful music too.

After a few weeks of dreading it, I did my first US tax return today.

Now I can complain about how my tax dollars are spent.

I think I'll buy a 50mm sniper rifle next. For home security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom