• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Netflix is scary. Just scrolling though and it's like "I want to watch that one, I want to watch that one, I want to watch that one" and then oops half an hour is gone just browsing.

Bernbaum

That's fucking gold.

My trusty Logitech G5 gaming mouse is on the way out. I've had it since 2007. The cable is all fucked up.

I really want the exact same mouse, because I love the weight and feel and it's got the right amount of buttons. Getting another G5 off eBay isn't out of the question because it's just that good. Any modern gaming mice recommendations? I don't like those Lamborghini looking things with a million fucking buttons and a lights and all that shit.

That's fucking gold.

My trusty Logitech G5 gaming mouse is on the way out. I've had it since 2007. The cable is all fucked up.

I really want the exact same mouse, because I love the weight and feel and it's got the right amount of buttons. Getting another G5 off eBay isn't out of the question because it's just that good. Any modern gaming mice recommendations? I don't like those Lamborghini looking things with a million fucking buttons and a lights and all that shit.

Logitech g400

No Walking Dead, no Twin Peaks, no X-files, no Sherlock, no Breaking Bad. So much for "the same content as US". Might as well go back to using a VPN.

Yep. Pay a few bucks for Getflix and get all those shows.

I think I will. So you get that then you can sign up to US Netflix?

I was hoping to support local netflix but it honestly looks like an old blockbuster with its collection. No thanks, I don't want to watch Gamer, Enemy of the State, or Prison Break.

I was talking with my friends this weekend and one mentioned squirrels. I then was like wait a minute, Australia doesn't have squirrels?

I got really really confused for a minute and was kinda weirded out that there was no squirrels here. Actually...I am still confused, and its been like that since Saturday.
We have at least one, but don't trust that guy - he's crazy.

Card Boy

Banned
Netflix actually works for me compared to Stan! Show selection is barren but it works seemlessly! It has subtitles too!

No Community for now, guess i will watch Arrested Development or House of Cards? I watched Arrested Development up to Season 2 years ago.

legend166

I think I will. So you get that then you can sign up to US Netflix?

I was hoping to support local netflix but it honestly looks like an old blockbuster with its collection. No thanks, I don't want to watch Gamer, Enemy of the State, or Prison Break.

You can still sign up to Australian Netflix, and then just use Getflix to hop regions.

Quasar

Well I feel pretty happy with oz netflix. Has a bunch of movies netflix us doesnt have that I've been curious about (winter soldier, frozen).

The anime catalog is weak compared to the US one. So weal they almost don't need the category. Not that the US one is that strong.

Some local standup specials are nice to see too.

MoonGred

Netflix actually works for me compared to Stan! Show selection is barren but it works seemlessly! It has subtitles too!

No Community for now, guess i will watch Arrested Development or House of Cards? I watched Arrested Development up to Season 2 years ago.

You're in for a real treat with arrested development. One of the best shows ever.

Shaneus

So with Netflix, I can just install the app (on iOS or PS3 or whatever) and watch whatever region's programming depending on what I select in Getflix/Unblock-US?

How does the multiple device streaming wor-wait why am I even asking, 2 streams at the same time? This is Australia, that ain't happening anyway. Stupid reptilescorpio >_<

I'll just have to share with the wife instead.

How smoothly can one expect Netflix to run on a below average ADSL2 connection? I sync at about 3.5mbps.

I'll be giving it a go tonight, but wanting to keep my expectations in check. I'm already in the early stages of upgrading to Telstra cable.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
When you're finished, watch Bunheads. It was killed after one season, but it's still a great show.

Some one else that's watched bunheads!!
I never thought a show about a dancing school would captivate me. Such a good show. So many gilmore girl cameos.

I think I'll run stan and netflix parallel for a month.
Looking over the netflix lineup on paper stan is winning, but I'll go through and add things to my queue. Nothing says "watch me" like a spiffy box art.

Lack of star trek and stargate on netflix is a massive blow for me though. Shows I love to re watch

hamchan

When you're finished, watch Bunheads. It was killed after one season, but it's still a great show.

Will do!

I never thought a show about a dancing school would captivate me. Such a good show. So many gilmore girl cameos.

I think I'll run stan and netflix parallel for a month.
Looking over the netflix lineup on paper stan is winning, but I'll go through and add things to my queue. Nothing says "watch me" like a spiffy box art.

Lack of star trek and stargate on netflix is a massive blow for me though. Shows I love to re watch

Netflix with Getflix to change region will be cheaper than having Netflix + Stan. Star Trek is on US and I think Stargate is on the UK. I still have to watch TNG from season 2 after dropping it because the 1st season was bad.

Also Netflix UK has Hard Boiled by John Woo. Amazing film that.

Shaneus

Netflix with Getflix to change region will be cheaper than having Netflix + Stan. Star Trek is on US and I think Stargate is on the UK. I still have to watch TNG from season 2 after dropping it because the 1st season was bad.

Is that Star Trek (at least, TNG) the HD remaster?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Will do!

Interesting ty. But I'm against switching vpns / services and all that jazz.

I have the worst luck in the world and it never works / my Internet fucks up / I can't stream anything :( I'm a spcial person

r1chard

Yep, I was the same. I never really got into Gilmore Girls. The dances at the end of the episodes really nailed Bunheads for me also. Especially Sasha's Istanbul dance (such a powerful end for that episode). And the finale dance, wow.

Bunheads with emergency backup Lauren Graham is awesome. I was really annoyed by that show getting cancelled but I at least went into it knowing it was a one and done show by the time I watched it.

Also I only just twigged that Kirk/Coffee Guy (Sean Gunn) was GotG Director James Gunn's brother. That explains why Sean's in GotG as Michael Rooker's sidekick.

Quasar

I've still found Stan useful. Though maybe that's because I have not delved into Netflix in non US regions. The Amazon shows, plus now Community and aussie stuff has all made it worthwhile.

I think at least for now I'm going to continue with both Netflix and Stan + a getflix sub.

On the local side of things I'm amused Hulu has Home & Away but no local service does. Actually I'm kind of surprised we have not seen a lot of older local shows on these services given their probable low cost, though maybe thats due to it probably not being in a state for these services. Hardly any of it has even gotten a local DVD release.

Quasar

Think I might switch to paying local Netflix over US. Anyone switched yet and have an easy method?

I doubt theres a switch. You'd probably need to cancel one account and start another.

I probably will too once my grandfathered in price expires.

Stackboy

I think at least for now I'm going to continue with both Netflix and Stan + a getflix sub.

Likewise. Until Better Call Saul and new season of Community finishes. Will watch the new eps today.

Netflix and Getflix were super easy to sign up to. Now it's just about getting through the day.

jambo

We currently use Netflix US and Hulu Plus.

Hulu is great in that you get current shows as they premiere, but there are quite a lot of ads.

30 day trial, hoy. Probably going with the 2 screens plan once the payments kick in. Signed up in bed this morning.
Yeah that trial is perfect for people like me how aren't sure our internet will work with streaming TV.

Yup wife loved that show, sucks it didn't get renewed.

Nice, would mean I can cut down on the wear and tear on my DVD copy!

Think I might switch to paying local Netflix over US. Anyone switched yet and have an easy method?
I expect you'd have to cut out the old account and start a new one.

One tip is using cheap iTunes cards and signing up through iTunes to make it even cheaper!

I doubt theres a switch. You'd probably need to cancel one account and start another.

I probably will too once my grandfathered in price expires.
What's the old price, when does that run out? Didn't know about that.

We currently use Netflix US and Hulu Plus.

Hulu is great in that you get current shows as they premiere, but there are quite a lot of ads.

Hulu Plus is great for edited Raw's, doesn't get NXT any more though sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom