• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Happy Christmas, all!

Does anyone know where I could buy some ham and cheese? I forgot to buy some yesterday for our croissants :(

Some boxing day sales online already- just got a 55" KS8000 Samsung on JB Hifi for 1496 (previous best price I saw was $2000). GETTING READY FOR THAT 4K HDR SHIT

two questions

1. Anyone seen a good deal on PS4 Pros?

2. Do I need any fancy cables for this bitch
PS4Pro and X1S both come with HDMI 2.0 cables so you're set for 4k/60fps.

Merry Christmas guys!

Hey EB Games have a $399 Xbox One S + a blue ray + 4 games on their front page but when I click through to order it I can't find it- am I going crazy? Has anyone seen this?

Grazzt

Merry Christmas guys!

Hey EB Games have a $399 Xbox One S + a blue ray + 4 games on their front page but when I click through to order it I can't find it- am I going crazy? Has anyone seen this?
I saw it in their stores. So it's definitely there.

And merry Christmas!

Fucking Maccas for dinner.
I buy $200 worth of food.
I prepare it.
I cook it.
A small fraction of it gets eaten at lunch.
Everyone and their arsehole takes some home.
None of these greedy cunts I call family leaves me any of the lamb, chicken, calamari or prawns that I bought, prepared and cooked.
They all promise to prepare salads and deserts and entrees...
Nothing.
Greedy gobshites.

$2 hamburgers still rule though.

I prepare it.
I cook it.
None of these greedy cunts I call family leaves me any of the lamb, chicken, calamari or prawns that I bought, prepared and cooked.
Nothing.
Greedy gobshites.

I can feel the Christmas spirit from here.

Ignignort

Any of you guys know a good place to buy Raspberry Pi's from? Kind of want to have a little emulation machine.

Buy them from Element14. Cheapest and quickest place, you will see pop ups about the site only should be used for "business use" and if you want anything for personal use go elsewhere. Ignore this and just checkout as normal. If they want a business name just use your name :)

This is coming from someone who has brought hundreds of the damn things.

Ps: if that fails use rsonline, you will wait for longer shipping though

HowZatOZ

Banned
Well this $328 is probably the best price I'll get for a PS4, time to trade in the Xbone and get rid of this hunk of shit. Yippie!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God damn Nvidia 1080 died on me last night.

I picked up WD2 though and played that for about ~90 minutes before things shit the bed, That sure is one pretty game. Not a huge fan of the mouse movement for combat, I will have to change the responsiveness once I get a replacement card as it felt slow when trying to shoot people with the stun gun.

I don't really want to play through the game as a hacker who kills people, hopefully I can continue with the stealth combat without it pissing me off.

With no PC power, Back to the FF15 adventures!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bodyboarder, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sky Mercenaries -- MB-B1CB298885B1F119 - Taken by electroflame. 6 entrants total.

t1482726407z1.png

Rizzi

Buy them from Element14. Cheapest and quickest place, you will see pop ups about the site only should be used for "business use" and if you want anything for personal use go elsewhere. Ignore this and just checkout as normal. If they want a business name just use your name :)

This is coming from someone who has brought hundreds of the damn things.

Ps: if that fails use rsonline, you will wait for longer shipping though

Thanks.

I prepare it.
I cook it.
Nothing.
Greedy gobshites.

God damn, dude. Macca's for Christmas lunch next year i expect?

2ugshzp.jpg

At one point iiNet were the good guys, I suppose TPG will do that to you. Really just interested in whether they would block thepiratebay or not and all the other random sites I've never heard of.

r1chard

Merry xmas all!

Boxing Day Boardgames a success, aw yiss. Though I played one of the worst games I've ever played of Scythe, Mr Flack played a great game, only just pipping the newcomer. Glad I've got tomorrow off to rest up before going back to work tho.

Think I might need to get a new home theatre amplifier - I'm pretty sure something has gone serious busted internally 'cos I can barely hear dialogue these days. I've played with all the amp settings to try to boost the centre channel, it seems stuck pumping out mostly bass with none of the high tone needed to understand wtf people are saying tho :-(

So, given that I'm pretty much just HDMI (4 inputs minimum) and 5.1 speakers, what should I get to replace it? And should I replace the honking great speakers I bought 20 years ago too? It's a small space that I watch stuff in...

Merry xmas all!

Boxing Day Boardgames a success, aw yiss. Though I played one of the worst games I've ever played of Scythe, Mr Flack played a great game, only just pipping the newcomer. Glad I've got tomorrow off to rest up before going back to work tho.

Think I might need to get a new home theatre amplifier - I'm pretty sure something has gone serious busted internally 'cos I can barely hear dialogue these days. I've played with all the amp settings to try to boost the centre channel, it seems stuck pumping out mostly bass with none of the high tone needed to understand wtf people are saying tho :-(

So, given that I'm pretty much just HDMI (4 inputs minimum) and 5.1 speakers, what should I get to replace it? And should I replace the honking great speakers I bought 20 years ago too? It's a small space that I watch stuff in...

Audition a decent sound bar. They sound way better than built-in speakers and without the bullshittery involved in surround (headphones are even better and kinder to your neighbours). surround is dead.

Echoplx

2ugshzp.jpg

At one point iiNet were the good guys, I suppose TPG will do that to you. Really just interested in whether they would block thepiratebay or not and all the other random sites I've never heard of.

It's the law now, they would have to block it even if they weren't owned by TPG.

See https://s115a.com

Not really trying to get into any illegal chat about downloading but any decent chrome add ons for this kind of stuff reccomended? Any free ones that are good?

You can bypass this by simply using Googles DNS, it's that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom