• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

What an emotional day today has been, and a reminder of how fleeting and precious this life can be.

I had walked through where the events unfolded in Melbourne today just moments earlier, but had friends and colleagues even closer (and caught up in it, in one case) - all far too close to home.

I hope all of MelbourneGAF, and those near and dear to them, and anyone visiting (so many tourists here for the tennis) are safe and sound, and untouched by today's inexplicable happenings.

Was wondering where the yak0 one was! Guess I need to somehow get to a target, nothing near work or home.

Yeah since there is a ton I finally got prices for today Shannon is going to push them out to Twitter progressively rather than all at once. EB should price match for you! Otherwise they suck.

Yeah since there is a ton I finally got prices for today Shannon is going to push them out to Twitter progressively rather than all at once. EB should price match for you! Otherwise they suck.

i've never actually price matched successfully, they always give me some excuse, whats the actual way to get them to price match?

Rizzi

If the price isn't listed online anywhere, they won't price match at the EB nearest me. They'll happily price match otherwise though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
When I worked at JB, price matches typically had to be with the nearest store with copies still in stock.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I don't think i've ever asked for a place to price match, I just feel like the biggest asshole thinking about doing it.

I don't think i've ever asked for a place to price match, I just feel like the biggest asshole thinking about doing it.

I've no problem doing it at EB if I can't get to the store in question. If they refuse for some dumb reason then I'll usually just leave. If they don't want a sale then that's fine by me. I don't feel like encouraging their nickel-and-diming.

OK AusGAF, I've got it in my head that I want a PS Vita for the sole purpose of modding to install Moonlight so I can play games streamed from Steam. All I know is the memory cards are expensive and to do this I need one with firmware 3.60. And the OLED one has the best screen (but this probably isn't a huge deal to me). What's a decent price for one of these things second-hand? Seems like $200 is what I should expect? Being cheap it's more than I'd want to pay for such a flash in the pan idea.

OK AusGAF, I've got it in my head that I want a PS Vita for the sole purpose of modding to install Moonlight so I can play games streamed from Steam. All I know is the memory cards are expensive and to do this I need one with firmware 3.60. And the OLED one has the best screen (but this probably isn't a huge deal to me). What's a decent price for one of these things second-hand? Seems like $200 is what I should expect? Being cheap it's more than I'd want to pay for such a flash in the pan idea.

$200AUD posted was what i paid for my PS vita on lanuch from amazon DE quite a few years ago - maybe try looking at some EU prices ?

Card Boy

Banned

I picked my Vita for $115 second hand and it included a case and a 16gig memory card. Seller screwed himself over by having the card in the picture but not listing it in the description.

edit: i got real lucky when i think about it just looking at the prices now.

Rizzi

The OLED is not the best screen. Only get an original Vita if you enjoy the following;
Burn in, dark images looking fucked up thanks to the OLED mura, lower battery life, and lower brightness.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I had the feeling last year that I should give things / get rid of things I no longer love and enjoy. It was a good idea however it had some drawbacks.

Gave my vita away, It gets hacked like 2 weeks later.
Gave my Nvidia 780 away as I purchased a 1080, My 1080 died 5 months later. Out of action for about 3 weeks.

I might just become a hording son of a bitch and keep everything to myself this year. Don't throw out original boxes and see what happens.

I had the feeling last year that I should give things / get rid of things I no longer love and enjoy. It was a good idea however it had some drawbacks.

Gave my vita away, It gets hacked like 2 weeks later.
Gave my Nvidia 780 away as I purchased a 1080, My 1080 died 5 months later. Out of action for about 3 weeks.

I might just become a hording son of a bitch and keep everything to myself this year. Don't throw out original boxes and see what happens.

Slippery slope.

do any stores in sydney still actually break street dates or is that a thing of the past?

i remember the last game i bought before release was MW2 lul

do any stores in sydney still actually break street dates or is that a thing of the past?

I think retail stores breaking street dates in general is a thing from the past, at least in this country. Haven't heard of it happening in a good while now.

Doesn't happen now due to strict POS systems, strict penalties which have been enforced in the past plus complete lack of competition.

Happens in other countries due to Mom & Pop stores still selling games while here it's mainly huge corporations who don't want to rock the boat. Big W got hit hard with a few penalties back around 2004ish if I recall correctly. Gaz might have some good stories about this too.

Been ages since I can remember it happening. Last time for me was Mass Effect 1, getting that the Friday before from EB.

Doesn't happen now due to strict POS systems, strict penalties which have been enforced in the past plus complete lack of competition.

Happens in other countries due to Mom & Pop stores still selling games while here it's mainly huge corporations who don't want to rock the boat. Big W got hit hard with a few penalties back around 2004ish if I recall correctly. Gaz might have some good stories about this too.

Actually, now that I've had time to think, I remember when I bought a PS3 bundle from Good Guys (I know, wtf right) it came with The Last of Us which was still a good few days away from release. I was like "Oh, and so do I get the game now?" and the clueless rep was like "Yeah, why wouldn't you?". Didn't want to argue with that, but unfortunately I had a bunch of assignments to do so could only brag to my friends about it, not play it myself :(

Rizzi

The Coles nearest me sells imported cherry coke. Not sure why stores kept selling the sub-par vanilla coke instead of superior cherry. Used to be able to just buy this everywhere. :X

The Coles nearest me sells imported cherry coke. Not sure why stores kept selling the sub-par vanilla coke instead of superior cherry. Used to be able to just buy this everywhere. :X

VANILLA COKE IS AMAZING

Also it seems to be coming back into stock more places, must be getting popular again! Yay!

You are literally the devil.

Cerity

I like both vanilla and cherry tbh. I was sad when they pulled cherry from the shelves, I could still get vanilla from some places.

My local IGA has a wide range of weird stuff. Cherry/Vanilla coke, various Dr. Pepper's and even that Kiwi stuff L&P. They only have cans though at $3 each. No Irn-Bru though!

For a smaller store they have great range compared to Coles/Woolies who seem more concerned with their respective home brands nowadays.

Cerity

Man the nioh demo is some good stuff. Didn't play the alpha or beta so playing it for the first time. Really hyped for the game now.

I don't like vanilla Coke, but

Vanilla Coke > anime

I've been catching up with the series that aired last year and yeah. by far.

Man the nioh demo is some good stuff. Didn't play the alpha or beta so playing it for the first time. Really hyped for the game now.

its real good but i'm getting my shit kicked in, been a while since i've played a souls game though so maybe i'm out of it

on that note, does anyone get the thing where after a real long session of souls games (bloodborne especially), you play other games like you're in the matrix? like i swear i played counterstrike after a 8 hour bloodborne run and it felt like everyone was moving at half speed and shots from my gun were in real time.

Thanks for the tips on the Vita guys. It's not an urgent purchase for me so I'm OK with waiting until something ideal pops up. I blame Fogz for the misleading information on the "best" OLED screen.

Thanks for the tips on the Vita guys. It's not an urgent purchase for me so I'm OK with waiting until something ideal pops up. I blame Fogz for the misleading information on the "best" OLED screen.

I'd recommend OLED but the LCD one is fine. Never had an issue with burn in.

Vooks is selling his launch model on eBay pretty sure.

If you get a Vita, purchase Persona 4: The Golden for it. I spent 170 hours playing that game (two playthroughs back to back) and it justified the whole system for me.

I have the OLED version and the screen is beautiful. It's a huge upgrade over the PSP.

I'd recommend OLED but the LCD one is fine. Never had an issue with burn in.

Vooks is selling his launch model on eBay pretty sure.

u would also recomend it , and no problems with burn in here

i would ask if Rezzie hates Oleds or just the vita screen ?

any truth in the matter that Myerswere blacklisted becasue of Such things ?

I was tempted to get P3:p right away, but I thought I would need a palate cleanser. I downloaded Axiom Verge.

P3P was pretty rough if I remember correctly, P3 already didn't age as well as P4 due to all the cleaning up and tweaking they did in Golden. Definitely would need some time between those 2 games!

I'm deep into not progressing far in Dragon Quest Builders on Vita. Hell of a great game, just need the time to sink into it lol.

Its not my fault other people are wrong

pretty much this

Oooooooooooooo I bet the old timers know! I'll ask Choc. Makes sense though.

EDIT: he doesn't think so :(

interesting could just be a per store Basis but at the shopping center i used to go to one of the guys who had been working in the JB for over 7 years had that to say

sidenote got a Mod to put in a request for my email change but i have noticed none of my thread subscrpiton emails seem to go thro at all

-Gmail......

also XxX 3 is a Fun film and you should all go and See it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom