• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valentine's day is ruined. The Lady and I were going to do a double feature of The Lego Batman Movie (both big batfans) and John Wick Chapter Two(both loved the first). They're both due 10th of Feb around the world.

Turns out Lego Bats is coming at the end of March for Australia for no reason, and John Wick 2 isn't dated for Australian cinemas at all...

Yep, we got screwed with the first Lego movie also. Very disappointing.

unrelated for Rep or anyone thats looking for a a cheap mesh office chair - $49 from office works

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/288283
Yeah I've got my eye on that, really don't want to buy without trying it first though. Racing chair I have is way too noisy :(

Valentine's day is ruined. The Lady and I were going to do a double feature of The Lego Batman Movie (both big batfans) and John Wick Chapter Two(both loved the first). They're both due 10th of Feb around the world.

Turns out Lego Bats is coming at the end of March for Australia for no reason, and John Wick 2 isn't dated for Australian cinemas at all...

Roadhow are utter cunts, no other word for it.

They complain about piracy and spend millions and millions through lobbying and courts. They know their future is fucked with the move to streaming and will go out kicking and screaming rather than adapt.

These bastards have the gall to admit delaying The LEGO Movie hurt revenue here yet do the exact same thing with the sequel! Fucking muppets.

Yep, we got screwed with the first Lego movie also. Very disappointing.

One day they'll get it through there heads, I'm not hopeful.

I read something a few days ago that Village Roadshow admitted they made a huge error by delaying The Lego Movie 50+ days which cost them 3-5mil (est.) in piracy and they wouldn't repeat that mistake. This time with Lego Batman they are only delaying it 48 days!

They're like people who continually stick forks in their eyes who feel like they should be rewarded as this time they only stuck it 90% of the way in instead of all the way.

Blatant self repost. I can't believe they are still delaying it. They made a mistake, said they'd learn from it and then decided to repeat it.

They complain about piracy and spend millions and millions through lobbying and courts. They know their future is fucked with the move to streaming and will go out kicking and screaming rather than adapt.

These bastards have the gall to admit delaying The LEGO Movie hurt revenue here yet do the exact same thing with the sequel! Fucking muppets.

Does Village own Hoyts and other cinemas? If not, what's their excuse?

I was hoping the State Cinema in Hobart would have it, since they often have some mainstream movies like star wars in addition to indie stuff. But nothing on their radar apparently.

It's particularly ironic because the movie was made here in Sydney (by Animal Logic).

Yeah I've got my eye on that, really don't want to buy without trying it first though. Racing chair I have is way too noisy :(
What did you expect from a racing chair? Perhaps get one with less cylinders this time. Stay away from the racing chairs and look at one in the family sedan/hatchback ranges?

Rahk

I thought Australian movie release dates were bad, but Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children only just came out in Japan and Doctor Strange is in another week.

I guess there's the excuse that they need to dub and sub at least.
Although the latest Resident Evil came out here first huh.

I thought Australian movie release dates were bad, but Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children only just came out in Japan and Doctor Strange is in another week.

Apparently Passengers only just came out on China and all of a sudden it's a worldwide hit!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Guitar hero live is $15 at target. What. Is that cheap?
Edit: I bought one. Quick Google says they're $150ish normally. What even.

Does Village own Hoyts and other cinemas? If not, what's their excuse?

I was hoping the State Cinema in Hobart would have it, since they often have some mainstream movies like star wars in addition to indie stuff. But nothing on their radar apparently.
It's basically a big cartel. Only the little indies can step outside the regular scheduling. Pretty fucked. Main reason I'm not fussed about cinemas dying off anymore.

Apparently Passengers only just came out on China and all of a sudden it's a worldwide hit!
It was plastered ALL over Southern Cross, considering it came out on New Years it must cost an absolute fortune.

Guitar hero live is $15 at target. What. Is that cheap?
Edit: I bought one. Quick Google says they're $150ish normally. What even.

Yeah it's been on firesale for months. Never could find a PS4 bundle, even at $40 :(

For any SydGAFers, there's a newish cafe/arcade that's opened up in Newtown called "1989 Kitchen & Arcade". It's at the Sydney Uni end of King St. They've got a small but nice selection of games (SF2, TMNT, NBA Jam, the Simpsons, Ghosts 'n' Goblins, etc.). I believe their website is http://1989.com.au/, but it's blocked for me at work.

I know we've seen a few of these types of places in other states, but they're a rarity in Sydney (sadly).

wonder if i can persuade them to get metal slug 2 and mvc2 in
I'd say you probably could. Their Facebook pages says specifically that they plan to rotate the games and are open to customer suggestions. I only briefly stuck my head in but the staff seemed very friendly.

jambo

35c and this is the radar

MWmHMih.png

GdG5t7s.gif

jambo

It actually kinda looked like that when we were driving home earlier.

Giant flat bottom clouds that went on for ages.

jambo

There was a massive lightning strike incredibly close to our house. I think it might've hit a large power line near us, as half of our stuff turned off. My entire study lit up blue because it was that close.

Jack and the dogs were not fans.

Dead Man

Well that was exciting. Hope the rest of SAGaf is staying dry and safe.

There was a massive lightning strike incredibly close to our house. I think it might've hit a large power line near us, as half of our stuff turned off. My entire study lit up blue because it was that close.

Jack and the dogs were not fans.

Glad all is well. Saw a lot of close hits driving home.

Stackboy

Supposed to be 35 degrees in Brisbane tomorrow and we are moving house. I feel sorry for the removalists. Our new house has a pool and air con though.

legend166

Formal approval!

Now I can give smug lectures to young people about buying houses! If I could do it, anyone can! Get a better job you dole bludgers!

Shaneus

Formal approval!

Now I can give smug lectures to young people about buying houses! If I could do it, anyone can! Get a better job you dole bludgers!
Ah, I remember when we got formal approval. Then there was basically every day from then until settlement (45 days) of the bank dicking us around, saying forms weren't properly filled in, them stuffing up how the loan was meant to be setup... it was a goddamned nightmare.

But we got there eventually :)

Congrats!

A reporter on ABC News 24 was irresponsible saying it's not clear if there's a threat elsewhere in Melbourne.

One person has died and another has been arrested.

My brother just rang and it happened right outside his work building. Apparently 3 dead, heaps injured and a pram hit too. Waiting on official reports but fucking hell, lost for words.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A reporter on ABC News 24 was irresponsible saying it's not clear if there's a threat elsewhere in Melbourne.

Very irresponsible. I'm under the impression from the articles so far that this incident was due to the subject attempting to escape from the police to begin with, and took a turn through public areas.

hirokazu

Japan is weird. Some movies they get the same time, some a few months late and some super duper late. China is like that too, but you could probably attribute China's situation to government restrictions and quotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom