• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

For heat, I tend to run my ac just long enough that I can fall asleep and hope I dont wake up during the night. Cannot afford to run it right through the night.

Guess you could sleep in a bathtub. Or have an ice cold shower right before bed and leave your hair wet.

I've been using an adjustable desk at work as a pseudo-standing desk (not quite high enough so I'm using trusty reams of paper under the keyboard etc to lift it). I think winding it up and down a bunch (a couple of times a day) has started to break it and now it's up and lowering it makes a hell of a racket.

So I'll just stand forever.

Random question, it's hot as hell and I'm having real trouble sleeping. Any recommendations for sheets or blankets that are more cooling?
Buy pure cotton sheets with a low thread count (look for words like 'crisp'). In my experience, high thread count sheets heat up a fair bit.

Also, you could try to sleep under a sheet you've saturated and then wrung out so it's damp. If you have any air flowing in the room (window or a fan) then it'll essentially be evaporative cooling.

jambo

Ahhh man, Good Game has been cancelled. As well as Pocket. Pocket was my favorite thing made in Australia.

Yeah, sounds like Hex and NichBoy left, and instead of trying to get any new people the ABC killed GG and Pocket and have moved production staff to other shows already.

I just wanted to pop in and say fuck all of you for buying my copies of Yakuza 0. <3

I'm just going to bite the bullet and order it online at JBHIFI.

EDIT: Yakuza 0 is no longer on the JBHIFI website. Pain in the arse. It was literally there around 8am.

TinyBuild publishing? I'll wait until release to see how it turns out.

I see you've found the joy of Base on OzBargain, best spot to import from since Brexit! Their postage is basically the same speed as OzGameShop which is nice, they seem to get every title and have great deals constantly. Infinite Warfare is like $31 currently, just keep in mind that when it's through BaseCH they don't remove VAT.

Oh yea iv kown about them for some time they used to not have so good deals but since Brexit its been some what of a Boon

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/290115

Lol at all the Fan posts - go for a swim :)

also Split was pretty entertaining :)

pity theres no inbulit Emotes for the forum ....

I just wanted to pop in and say fuck all of you for buying my copies of Yakuza 0. <3

EDIT: Yakuza 0 is no longer on the JBHIFI website. Pain in the arse. It was literally there around 8am.

think they will simply Restock it considering how well its doing ?

Yeah, sounds like Hex and NichBoy left, and instead of trying to get any new people the ABC killed GG and Pocket and have moved production staff to other shows already.

I can understand why they ended Pocket , Nichboy basically claimed it over poor Hinger's defeated body about 2 weeks in and made it his own.

More surprised they ended Good Game, they had several potential hosts there even without looking outside.

Stackboy

I can understand why they ended Pocket , Nichboy basically claimed it over poor Hinger's defeated body about 2 weeks in and made it his own.

More surprised they ended Good Game, they had several potential hosts there even without looking outside.

No way, Pocket was the best of all the Good Game shows. I watched it every day.

No way, Pocket was the best of all the Good Game shows. I watched it every day.

What I meant was : Try imaging Pocket without Nichboy still being Pocket. The show turned into "whatever the hell Nichboy wants to do" less than a month after it started. Good Game at least has form and structure that means you can identify how to replace Hex.

Jintor

my kid cousin loved spawn point. the one live event i went to and a splatoon tournament i recently went to remain the only gaming events where the gender split was more girls than boys.

my kid cousin loved spawn point. the one live event i went to and a splatoon tournament i recently went to remain the only gaming events where the gender split was more girls than boys.

My son is already super upset that Hex won't be on it any more :(

Really sucks as it was a great way to have female representation without making it gender focused, at no point did it matter that she was male or female.

ramyeon

It's in stock online at EB.

jambo

It sounds like both Hex and NichBoy are still going to be doing video game coverage type stuff.

I'm assuming that it'll be a few weeks or maybe a month until they announce what they're doing next.

Shame about GG. The fact that Spawn point is staying while pocket and the main show being dumped screams upper management not understanding that not only kids play games.

Quasar

Shame about GG. The fact that Spawn point is staying while pocket and the main show being dumped screams upper management not understanding that not only kids play games.

Not necessarily. It may be older people have all of the internet to get their gaming material. Of course for that reason I'm disappointed they didn't go digital/iview only.

Stackboy

For sure. Sounds like they don't believe having shows on Youtube is productive, which is insane to me. Pocket was really gathering some speed.

ABC management sounds pretty backwards at the moment.

Nichboy was by far my favorite presenter. Hex always felt very wooden to me, Bajo is fantastic though. Very down to earth and relate-able.

hirokazu

Not necessarily. It may be older people have all of the internet to get their gaming material. Of course for that reason I'm disappointed they didn't go digital/iview only.
What are the TV ratings like? The show has a decent following and a fair amount of respect among the gaming community. It's not like anybody watches any of the other shows on ABC2.

I wrote in to their complaints thing

www.abc.net.au/contact/complain.htm

NichBoy posted on FB and it sounds like they wanted to find replacements after leaving, but the ABC canned everything but Spawn Point.

I had an eloquently written complaint yesterday which I tried to submit and it returned a generic error, wiping what I'd written. Rewrote it, made doubly sure that I'd filled everything in correctly, was still rejected. Shame.

Quasar

ABC management sounds pretty backwards at the moment.

Its certainly in flux with the new regime still working out what the hell its doing and various people fleeing. At least thats my impression base on the mostly negative stories in the press about the new MD and the staff changes.

Nah it's more the demographics they want to target combined with changing media styles. Spawn Point is being changed too, mostly likely will be digital only.

Stackboy

It sounds like they were both expecting the ABC to continue Good Game and then it got cancelled.

Sounds like the ratings were down and current management didn't see a future in the format (madness). Apparently ABC kept GG Spawnpoint because it's their most popular show.

jambo

Sounds like the ratings were down and current management didn't see a future in the format (madness). Apparently ABC kept GG Spawnpoint because it's their most popular show.

Ratings are down across almost all of the ABC.

But Pocket has been getting bigger and bigger as it has gone on. Seems to have been picking up internationally as well of late.

Looks like he was excess to requirements. Apparently ABC are planning to keep the cast and crew and shuffle them to other things. I'd guess they'll probably keep him for Spawnpoint.

Bajo, Goose, Rad and DARREN are staying to do Spawnpoint.

Some production staff are staying, some have been shuffled to other shows.

Recreat3

Received a phone call from eb this afternoon to confirm i want to pick my switch pre order up on launch weekend. Umm of course the answer is yes ha.

Rizzi

I put a $50 preorder down just in case I change my mind and decide I want one. EB hasn't called me. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom