• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! After almost a decade of trying to get verified on the GAFs, I finally got a membership.

I'm a late 20-something dude from Sydney who works in advertising (though my background is games programming; don't get me started on the Sydney game dev scene). I like long walks on the beach, drowning my sorrows with too much beer and WWE, and I have a nice beard.

On topic: did anyone catch any of the debut WAFL matches this weekend? I really wanted to watch the Lions/Demons game (mostly because my cousin plays for the Lions), but from what I have heard they were some great matches.

Welcome.

A decade is nuts.

TheGorathPlan

Neo Member
I don't know what you're talking about, it seems incredibly topical:

How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?

>_>

My immediate family would gladly choke on the Carbon Tax if it were still around. We won't have any of that News Corp-inspired propaganda here!

jambo

My immediate family would gladly choke on the Carbon Tax if it were still around. We won't have any of that News Corp-inspired propaganda here!

So your family was under the spell of the witch Juliar?

...do you have a Facebook group instead? I use neither of those (I have Steam but I barely use it because I have a Mac :/ )

The only social media stuff we do is Twitter

https://twitter.com/SeanPincombe/lists/ausgaf

EDIT: Apparently there is a Facebook group for years ago: https://www.facebook.com/groups/317370031383/

...do you have a Facebook group instead? I use neither of those (I have Steam but I barely use it because I have a Mac :/ )
Good time to get on Discord, then! You need another account for some other service you'll barely use, right? At the moment we have Steam chat, IRC, and Discord all linked anyway, and there are web clients for IRC and Discord.

TheGorathPlan

Neo Member
Good time to get on Discord, then! You need another account for some other service you'll barely use, right? At the moment we have Steam chat, IRC, and Discord all linked anyway, and there are web clients for IRC and Discord.

Ooo, Discord looks good. I'll get that when I get home from work. Thanks :)

jambo

The cool kids use all 3 at once!

I mean, I can find the questionnaire if you want...

These were the questions I was asked in 2013...

Steam ID? (you've already answered tihs one)
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery? Trick question, the answer's Timothy Dalton!
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Thins Light & Tangy chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Jenna Coleman? Kate-Miller Heidke? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Myf Warhurst, Sam Armytage, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge is the greatest game of all time

These were the questions I was asked in 2013...

Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge is the greatest game of all time
The fuck, slander! The integrity of the list is our Constitution! Don't make me write up an EO already!

Also how deep in the WWE hole are you? One day you'll end up in the promised land of NJPW I'm sure!

TheGorathPlan

Neo Member
The fuck, slander! The integrity of the list is our Constitution! Don't make me write up an EO already!

Also how deep in the WWE hole are you? One day you'll end up in the promised land of NJPW I'm sure!

I would have a NJPW World sub if they fixed up their English UX and got PS4/Xbone apps for the service. As for WWE, I just watch PPVs and NXT. Since I don't have Foxtel I can't force myself to watch Raw every week thank goodness.

Cerity

As awesome as Changi airport is, a 14 hour layover here really does suck.

The local police suck too, we've been woken up 3 times by different groups for passport/boarding pass checks.

As awesome as Changi airport is, a 14 hour layover here really does suck.

The local police suck too, we've been woken up 3 times by different groups for passport/boarding pass checks.

Layovers suck in general, especially stupidly long ones. Why didn't you leave the airport?

Cerity

Layovers suck in general, especially stupidly long ones. Why didn't you leave the airport?

We were going to go on the historical tour but got to the registration place too late to make our next flight comfortably.

At the moment we're just trying to find comfortable places to sleep :p

If you have a PS4 but never use it, then we have the perfect PSN Community for you. It's called, unsurprisingly, AusGAF.

Sold my PS4 to a coworker the other day. Hardly ever touch it. Might buy a cheap Pro in 18-24 months time if anything worthwhile to play has come out. XBO sticking around solely because I kind of like using it for media centre duties, it's certainly not getting played much either.

TheGorathPlan

Neo Member
Sold my PS4 to a coworker the other day. Hardly ever touch it. Might buy a cheap Pro in 18-24 months time if anything worthwhile to play has come out. XBO sticking around solely because I kind of like using it for media centre duties, it's certainly not getting played much either.

Yeah, my Xbone is primarily a Netflix/YouTube/WWE Network machine, with the occasional big title or Xbox 360 BC title being played in it. My PS4 is primarily used for Sony exclusives (Naughty Dog stuff mostly).

senahorse

I am the opposite at the moment, only just recently got a PS4 (when the pro hit) and have played until dawn, uc4, currently playing yakuza 0 and looking forward to horizon zero dawn, also playing RE7
on PC
at the moment :)

I am the opposite at the moment, only just recently got a PS4 (when the pro hit) and have played until dawn, uc4, currently playing yakuza 0 and looking forward to horizon zero dawn, also playing RE7
on PC
at the moment :)

I got a slim about a month ago though I seem to be only playing remakes! Finished Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 so far and part ways through Uncharted 4, AC: Unity and The Last of Us. Enjoying The Last of Us but it's a bit of a grind.

senahorse

Oh we got that uncharted collection and last of us as well, need to play left behind. Oh and also just played through the last guardian, but the controls and camera of that game made it an incredibly frustrating experience :(.

Yeah, my Xbone is primarily a Netflix/YouTube/WWE Network machine, with the occasional big title or Xbox 360 BC title being played in it. My PS4 is primarily used for Sony exclusives (Naughty Dog stuff mostly).

Yeah, ultimately they're just not that useful beyond a few key games now and then when you're doing your gaming on PC and your free time is limited by life stuff.

Deeku

Thinking about picking up Yakuza 0 cos it seems pretty good? Also cos GB effect I guess lol. Been on the fence tho cos I was preeeetty burnt out on the series - only managed to play couple hours of Y5.

jambo

Yeah, ultimately they're just not that useful beyond a few key games now and then when you're doing your gaming on PC and your free time is limited by life stuff.

Yeah, I was totally planning on getting a Scorpio this year, but then I realised all I really use my XBone for is Plex, Netflix, Stan, TV and Forza Horizon.

Going to use that money to upgrade PC instead.

Thinking about picking up Yakuza 0 cos it seems pretty good? Also cos GB effect I guess lol. Been on the fence tho cos I was preeeetty burnt out on the series - only managed to play couple hours of Y5.

It's fucking great. Sold out everywhere though. Will be top 5 in GOTY for me I expect.

Rezbit

This year is staaacked. GOTY gonna be hard to pick I reckon. I wish I could have found Yakuza when it came out, I still haven't got Nioh, will probably put Horizon off a while for Zelda, and Mass Effect coming soon after. Then Mario Odyssey later this year. Dang dude.

Card Boy

Banned
i have almost zero faith in mass effect lol

D4qQXLc.gif

Been a long time since Bioware made a game I loved. Can't believe it's been 7 years since Mass Effect 2. SEVEN YEARS! Even that I enjoyed as an action game, not an RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom