• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, FH3 bored me quicker than I expected, I think I just felt let down by the landscape, wasn't as Australian as I'd hoped. The gameplay structure wore me down quickly too since I was LTTP on FH2 and F&F. I might grab FH4 cheap a few months after launch, I should be refreshed by then.

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE DRINK INSTANT COFFEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
It's fine. Nothing wrong with instant coffee, fills a need.

Not that I drink coffee anymore, eh. On the water train!

It's not F-Zero but Fast RMX on Switch looks pretty good for a futuristic racer. I'll be picking that up too.
T-was on WiiU! Good game but short of great from what I played. It's okay, got boring really fast.

I played the Switch port at the Switch event and it was exactly what I expected, so if you liked it on WiiU I'd recommend grabbing it if you are still into it.

I was looking in to that trade-in deal, but I think I would miss Mario Maker and 3D World too much.

Also turns out that only applies to the black Premium Wii U, whereas I got a white one for half price during the Dick Smith fire sale.

Yeah I was happy to trade in the PS4 towards the Pro as all the games would obv still work, made it a good deal at that price.

WiiU I still have a soft spot for and will probably bring it out every now and then in a few years time. Some great games on there, not a heap, but enough to make me want to keep it.

Jintor

forgot about the dick smith fire sale, think i only got a wii u cos of mario kart 8 bundle for cheapsies. that was before splatoon tho.

I bought a Wii U at a midnight launch.

I regret nothing.

Except maybe the smell.
Speaking of smells, I have noticed really bad body odour on people on public transport a lot more lately. It's so pungent and overpowering that I always do a quick check to make sure it's not me.

What causes it? How can it be prevented other than using antiperspirant and masking with colognes?

Speaking of smells, I have noticed really bad body odour on people on public transport a lot more lately. It's so pungent and overpowering that I always do a quick check to make sure it's not me.

What causes it? How can it be prevented other than using antiperspirant and masking with colognes?

People not showering before leaving home, certain foods, didn't wipe their bums properly, their first names are Ellie, Mellie, Kelly, Nelly Telly, which just happen to rhyme with smelly.

So glad I'm driving to work these days. But god, the driver is a smelly cunt. oh, wait.

what time should I get to central if actually I want to get to UNSW at 9am on time

though today the reason is just straight up the fuckin bus did not arrive and the train is running slow too

Ban Puncher

Was all set to buy Doctor Strange on BD today but before heading to the shops I find out the Australian release doesn't come with the usual digital copy and the soundtrack is 5.1 DTS-HD High Resolution instead of 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio compared to overseas releases.

More money for Switch games I guess.

Was all set to buy Doctor Strange on BD today but before heading to the shops I find out the Australian release doesn't come with the usual digital copy and the soundtrack is 5.1 DTS-HD High Resolution instead of 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio compared to overseas releases.

I would have thought releases would be standard worldwide. Guess not.

I've never bothered redeeming any digital copies for Blu-rays/DVDs. Are they worthwhile?

I would have thought releases would be standard worldwide. Guess not.

alot of the time the pixer BDs miss out on the extras disc in the UK ....

needless to say theres so many marvel films and to a greater degree DC films coming out that are pretty bland to the point that i think il just dump the few marvel films that i own in a few years and buy them as a full set if thats an option in the future ....

i should give all my digtal BD codes away considering i dont use em tho some of them would require a VPN

also note i think ultra vilot is being dumped ..........

alot of the time the pixer BDs miss out on the extras disc in the UK ....

needless to say theres so many marvel films and to a greater degree DC films coming out that are pretty bland to the point that i think il just dump the few marvel films that i own in a few years and buy them as a full set if thats an option in the future ....

i should give all my digtal BD codes away considering i dont use em tho some of them would require a VPN

also note i think ultra vilot is being dumped ..........

I don't think I've ever bothered redeeming one.

Also I assume they are Australia only, the only ones I can remember are linked the the .com.au village roadshow site. They don't seem to last long either, my oldest BR, Senna, it ran out in 2012 and even my most recent expires 31/12/17.

They sure do seem like a pointless value add just used to increase the price.

Jezabel

There's no sure way of knowing what you'll get for game trade in at EB is there?

Want to get rid of Final fantasy and Skyrim

I don't think I've ever bothered redeeming one.

Also I assume they are Australia only, the only ones I can remember are linked the the .com.au village roadshow site. They don't seem to last long either, my oldest BR, Senna, it ran out in 2012 and even my most recent expires 31/12/17.

They sure do seem like a pointless value add just used to increase the price.

i tend to import alot from the UK and the US they used to not be locked but now some of them are heck some of them used to work well past the date on the paper

and yea they are pretty pointless given how limted they are but some people love em for what ever reason ....

The Giant

Banned
Wow, ozgameshop got more copies of Bomberman R and increased to price from $58 to $70. Cheapest place to get bomberman is base.com at $55.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Happy switch and zelda eve!!!!

Got tomorrow booked off and am so keen.
Will also be picking up i am setsuna dogitslly

hamchan

I'm probs buying a Switch at this point. I only want Zelda. I don't have my Wii U with me.

Also paying $75 for a Bomberman game in 2017 sounds like lunacy to me.

Recreat3

What's often the go with midnight launches. Where am i meant to enter the shopping centre if eb games is inside of it? Im going to broadway in sydney. Im guessing just one of the car park entrances will be open rather than the main one. Or will the all be open?

What's often the go with midnight launches. Where am i meant to enter the shopping centre if eb games is inside of it? Im going to broadway in sydney. Im guessing just one of the car park entrances will be open rather than the main one. Or will the all be open?
Just use the main car park (North side of Francis street, or directly off Bay Street) and go to the Hoyts level. The shopping centre is open until midnight normally anyway though (Coles, Hoyts, Kmart are all open until midnight on week nights) so you'll be fine regardless.

EB Games is right next to Hoyts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom