• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Excellent avatar!

I was just a bit confused because the game goes on sale today. Maybe I'll swing past there this eve, or I could just wait an extra day *grumble grumble*
Thanks! And fair call, I noticed that too, but the sale definitely starts tomorrow. You should be able to pick it up there today (I guess), but it won't be at the sale price.

Excellent avatar!

I was just a bit confused because the game goes on sale today. Maybe I'll swing past there this eve, or I could just wait an extra day *grumble grumble*

They didn't even have stock at my Target today oddly, wonder if they're putting it out for the sale tomorrow instead. Anyway, Omega Collection is amazing. Devs did some crazy shit to get it looking this damn good.

They didn't even have stock at my Target today oddly, wonder if they're putting it out for the sale tomorrow instead. Anyway, Omega Collection is amazing. Devs did some crazy shit to get it looking this damn good.

Which Target? Maybe they did decide to just stock it tomorrow, but I've noticed Targets can vary wildly with their gaming range.

Which Target? Maybe they did decide to just stock it tomorrow, but I've noticed Targets can vary wildly with their gaming range.

Target Wollongong; staff didn't really seem to be working much. They were just talking to each other while I was clearly trying to sus out if they had something in stock or not.

Well that Nintendo direct was disappointing.

As I loading up, "if it's just a pokken rerelease on the switch I'm gonna be sad".

Think I jinxed it :(
Never rely on Game Freak to do the right thing. Like Nintendo, they make amazing games, but are crazy conservative in so many ways. In fact, in many respects, Game Freak are even more insular than Nintendo.

Black and White, or at least Black 2/White 2 should have at least had a 3DS port and USUM should at least have a Switch port.

Crazy tempting. I've been trying to hold out until E3 as I was hoping there would be a PS4 pro drop after Scorpio reveal - what do you guys think?
Pro might get a drop around September. Hard to tell as it's still supply limited and outselling Sony expectations so they have less and less reasons to drop the price.

Cerity

Any reasons not to get a switch at the moment? I've got a pretty fat CEX voucher as a gift and wondering what to spend it on.

Any reasons not to get a switch at the moment? I've got a pretty fat CEX voucher as a gift and wondering what to spend it on.

Doubt it will drop in price for at least a year IMO so go ahead! Did you skip the WiiU? If so there will be plenty of enjoyment to get from the Switch.

Cerity

Doubt it will drop in price for at least a year IMO so go ahead! Did you skip the WiiU? If so there will be plenty of enjoyment to get from the Switch.

Sweet, I was worried about any price drops or hardware issues with it as I haven't been following news on it all that closely.

I skipped the Wii U so definitely going to pickup BotW & MK8D.

Rezbit

About the only thing that might happen IMO is a Mario Kart bundle for Christmas at the same price.

If you're into Nintendo games and skipped Wii U it's definitely worth it, best piece of hardware they've made for a while.

Switch being sold out in many places means it is not a) going to see any sort of hardware revision or b) price cut any time soon. You will probably just see bundles when big games crop up. So Platoon and Mario (assuming that's their 2017 title).

PS4 Pro, well, depends on what else Sony has up their sleeve at E3. If nothing major, they might cut the price of Pro to score points but the likelihood is they will hold the price until as late as possible. Maybe Gamescom or TGS but I do doubt it will be E3.

If they do drop at E3, I would say its because Scorpio price got announced and Sony wants to make it seem expensive compared to Pro.

E3 just next week. Get Hype!

Quasar

Switch being sold out in many places means it is not a) going to see any sort of hardware revision or b) price cut any time soon. You will probably just see bundles when big games crop up. So Platoon and Mario (assuming that's their 2017 title).

PS4 Pro, well, depends on what else Sony has up their sleeve at E3. If nothing major, they might cut the price of Pro to score points but the likelihood is they will hold the price until as late as possible. Maybe Gamescom or TGS but I do doubt it will be E3.

If they do drop at E3, I would say its because Scorpio price got announced and Sony wants to make it seem expensive compared to Pro.

E3 just next week. Get Hype!

I doubt we'll see a price cut before Black Friday/Christmas sales.

That said I really hope MS goes balls out and has a 399 sku for Scorpio.

Unless Scorpio is super low priced Sony won't budge the Pro price. They would keep it same price or maybe even $50 above. If shipments improve and the ratio to Slim expands they may drop slightly but more likely will just bundle as we have seen very recently.

Sweet, I was worried about any price drops or hardware issues with it as I haven't been following news on it all that closely.

I skipped the Wii U so definitely going to pickup BotW & MK8D.

They are having supply shortages, shipments are getting smaller and smaller so best to get in now IMO. No telling if supply will improve, it's a bit of a mess (PS4 Pro and PSVR to a smaller degree).

The 3 big games for the Switch are/were on WiiU so that is perfect for you! MK8 should be around the $50 mark for a while and I expect Splatoon 2 should be priced well considering it's scope and how keen they are to make it click. Day one should be $59 at at least one outlet.

Can't wait to get home and crack Wipeout!

Almost relieved Target Myer Centre didn't have any copies of Horizon in stock otherwise I would have picked that up as well and thrown it onto my shameful backlog.

Quasar

pissing down rain so much I've had to put off trying to get Horizon. Hope it clears a bit and they still have copies when I do go.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is anyone playing through Lego City Undercover again? or for the first time now? so much fun as a co-op game. really enjoying it all again.

Fredescu

Wow, it has co-op now? Mind blown. I already planned on buying the new version to replay it, but I'm a little more motivated to do so now.

How different is it to the original?

bomma_man

Unless Scorpio is super low priced Sony won't budge the Pro price. They would keep it same price or maybe even $50 above. If shipments improve and the ratio to Slim expands they may drop slightly but more likely will just bundle as we have seen very recently.

They are having supply shortages, shipments are getting smaller and smaller so best to get in now IMO. No telling if supply will improve, it's a bit of a mess (PS4 Pro and PSVR to a smaller degree).

The 3 big games for the Switch are/were on WiiU so that is perfect for you! MK8 should be around the $50 mark for a while and I expect Splatoon 2 should be priced well considering it's scope and how keen they are to make it click. Day one should be $59 at at least one outlet.

3? BOTW, MK8 and?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Wow, it has co-op now? Mind blown. I already planned on buying the new version to replay it, but I'm a little more motivated to do so now.

How different is it to the original?

Pretty much the same! graphics look nicer, loadings a bit quicker (just dont enter the police station !)

there's a few glitches that pop up. really just based on the fact that they've added co-op to a singleplayer engine, but you work out when and why they happen and it's pretty cruisey.

holds up really well on a 2nd play through, lots of laughs.

Ummm I got Wipeout this morning at Target for $39. It was stickered as $49, but rang up as $39.

Edit: Well seems... some deal started today, others tomorrow. Pretty weird!
Well at 1:48 PM AEST today Horizon was still scanning at $79. Press Start amended their original article as well:

UPDATE: It’s been brought to our attention that all PlayStation deals will begin on Friday, the 9th of June. Sorry for any inconvenience cause.
http://press-start.com.au/bargains/2017/06/04/target-will-ridiculously-cheap-gaming-prices/

Anyone been watching the NBA?

i thought for sure golden state were out of it, but that late comeback was impressive. KDs 3 was a thing of beauty

Recreat3

Anyone been watching the NBA?

i thought for sure golden state were out of it, but that late comeback was impressive. KDs 3 was a thing of beauty

Yep i watched on espn today because i had to take work off (car battery flat). That 3 he shot was as easy as ever, did anyone even try to defend it ha. Keen to see gsw win again. Been a semi-bandwagon fan ever since i went to san fran and watched a game. Had no idea they were conference leaders at that stage either.

Cerity

Part of the (neon) switch gang now. BotW on the way and I'll be picking up MK8 tomorrow. Should be a good weekend.

The lack demos on the eshop is pretty disappointing :(

Rezbit

Part of the (neon) switch gang now. BotW on the way and I'll be picking up MK8 tomorrow. Should be a good weekend.

The lack demos on the eshop is pretty disappointing :(

Welcome to the club :D

From memory there's demos for Puyo Tetris, Disgaea and Just Dance.

Shaneus

Can someone tell me, if the Scorpio is going to be $399 in the US, what it will be here? What have $399USD consoles traditionally sold for in AUD?

Shaneus

AUD$549-599, they usually pickup an "extra shipping to Australia tax".
That's really not a bad price. And if what I've skimmed is right, in that it's 100% compatible with XBO titles and all current XBO BC 360 titles, partnering that with a PS4 should be perfection.

Guess I'd better start saving!

jambo

I liked the Zero branding. Is this because of all the "I quit sugar" fad diets?

I think it was just a branding issue, with some people not realising that Coke Zero was sugar free.

They just want to make it clearer, and are taking the opportunity to tweak the recipe.

Need to buy some 30-packs this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom