• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Xbox One X is a dumb name, and $650 is more than I'm going to pay for a console.
Especially with the lacklustre library.

Xbox One X is a dumb name, and $650 is more than I'm going to pay for a console.
Especially with the lacklustre library.

first party for sure but then you've got the chance the thirdparty stuff swings back to looking better on xbxoxoxxoxnxexX

Crackdown 3!

mulac

I have a couple of PC's built out of parts lying around the garage and monitor. Gaming quality and good parts etc.

Is gumtree or eBay really the only options to sell??

Shaneus

Looked terrible today, no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

Not just the missing destruction. Lighting, textures, everything looked way worse than the tech demos they showed off for years :(

MP still has cloud but the SP with co-op looks really rushed :(
I'm curious about the behind the scenes stuff. With Sumo being the only dev getting a mention in the trailer, I'm definitely curious.

legend166

Mario + Rabbids looks legitimately good.

For a while there I was getting iffy on whether I should go ahead and get a Switch. My wife and I agreed I could get one for my birthday (ha, I sound like a 10 year old. It's just as new home owners money is tight so I can't go out and spend $500 for no reason) in September. Then I was like "ehhhhhhhhh do I really need it?" But I think there's enough reason to get one now. From the first year library I could see myself buying:

Zelda
Mario Kart 8
Mario + Rabbids
FIFA 18
NBA 2K18
Skyrim
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (although I think there was a rumour this got pushed back to Feb, not that far I guess).

Then use it as a great indie machine too. I still would like to play Yooka Laylee even though it sorta got blasted. I was a massive Banjo-Kazooie fan as a 10 year old. I remember proudly walking into school telling my friends I 100% that game. Then a friend from my cricket team invited me over to help him find a jiggy in Click Clock Wood. I was a Banjo savant. Then for some reason I never played Tooie.

All that available on my daily 2.5 hour commute? Yes please. I'm not that interested in online multi these days so Arms and Splatoon 2 don't really interest me.

All that available on my daily 2.5 hour commute? Yes please. I'm not that interested in online multi these days so Arms and Splatoon 2 don't really interest me.

A daily 2.5 hour commute? That alone justifies getting a Switch!

2.5 hours gaming time a day is dream levels these days. I probably get about 5 hours a week in. Bah to be a teenager again.

legend166

A daily 2.5 hour commute? That alone justifies getting a Switch!

2.5 hours gaming time a day is dream levels these days. I probably get about 5 hours a week in. Bah to be a teenager again.

Yeah, that's 2.5 hours total (there and back). Thankfully I only have to do it 3 days a week as I get to work from home the other 2 days. I read a lot so it's not so bad, but I'm guessing once I get a Switch I'll fall behind on my Goodreads reading goal for this year (35 books).

Rizzi

54 minutes on hold with Centrelink because their online system fucked up and won't let me update my study details.
Wooo..

Sony pres. was pretty boring, TBH. Only thing that kind of had me curious was Detroit.

I'm in for Spiderman, God of War, Detroit, Days Gone, Shadow of the Colossus & the Horizon DLC.

Monster Hunter World actually looked pretty cool, depends how it ends up playing solo.

This next 3 months I've got Crash remakes, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Everybody's Golf & Yakuza 1 remake to tide me over until Destiny 2. Too many games >_<

Don't expect a price cut on the PS4 Slim or Pro, they are selling faster than before and Scorpio won't put pressure on the Pro since it's $100 more in the US.

Hopefully some good bundles are announced, X1S is constantly much much cheaper this past 12 months in AU.

jambo

PS4 Pro price cut in November could help, really push down hard on MS.

And more great bundles, there are some really good PS4 Pro bundles finally, 3 games and a remote for $550 at EB and JB.

Recreat3

Think im going to hold off on getting the xbox one x, $650 is pretty expensive and my tv isnt even 1080p ha. Unless i can get some really good trade in value for my halo 5 xbox one which i doubt.

I don't get what's so great about Days Gone...
Graphics are nice?
I think TDM was being facetious, but actually I think that's it. It might not come across in a YouTube trailer, but Digital Foundry raved about how good Days Gone looked on the Pro in 4K. The mob stuff on top of that is pretty cool, it looks pretty damn impressive on screen. Whether there'll be enough actual gameplay to carry it... we'll see.

Shaneus

Don't expect a price cut on the PS4 Slim or Pro, they are selling faster than before and Scorpio won't put pressure on the Pro since it's $100 more in the US.

Hopefully some good bundles are announced, X1S is constantly much much cheaper this past 12 months in AU.
Once more is known about the OG Xbox BC, I'll probably bite on an S. They're continually dropping in price as we go, aren't they?

I think TDM was being facetious, but actually I think that's it. It might not come across in a YouTube trailer, but Digital Foundry raved about how good Days Gone looked on the Pro in 4K. The mob stuff on top of that is pretty cool, it looks pretty damn impressive on screen. Whether there'll be enough actual gameplay to carry it... we'll see.

I don't think there's any chance that it will be a true stinker like The Order, but the game itself doesn't seem groundbreaking other than some aspects of its presentation.

Quasar

I'm in for Spiderman, God of War, Detroit, Days Gone, Shadow of the Colossus & the Horizon DLC.

Monster Hunter World actually looked pretty cool, depends how it ends up playing solo.

MH World was one of the few shocks for me over the whole set of press conferences. Overall I've been pretty meh on it all. I guess it's a mid gen malaise I'm feeling in combination with long dev cycles and early announcements.

That said what Sony showed was all nice...just that it felt too much like last years. Though I'm super happy they showed of a bunch more VR stuff. Good to see they are still working hard on that.

Happy to hear about 4K AoE though. Guess this is as close as I'll get to a new one.

The peeps at work are going nuts over Rocket League on Switch, but I'm most excited to see Mario Odyssey and that it's coming out this year. I may be using public transport again to get to work in a few months so this is welcome.

Cerity

Rocket League &#10003;
SM Odyssey &#10003;
Metroid Prime &#10003;
Pokemon RPG &#10003;
Kirby &#10003;

More than happy with the switch with these announcements.

legend166

Yeah definitely getting a Switch in September.

Although I still can't believe there's no VC yet. I'm starting to think it's never coming.

Shaneus

Yeah real cheap, I expect base model will be around $200 at Xmas. Even now bundles make it a super deal.
Jesus christ that's cheap! $200 would work perfectly for me, honestly don't want it for more than a few games I would've otherwise considered upgrading my PC for (Crackdown and FH3) and the BC stuff, and factoring in that I don't have a 4K TV and literally no desire to get one (stay strong, Panny plasma) I know I'll be perfectly happy with an S.

$200 (or even that deal now) is fucking bananas.

All depends on how good the emulator is

If you have disc and it's a solid software emulator you may be in luck.

If it's in rights hell a digital purchase of Buffy is unlikely.
I'm going to assume that the BC compatibility is similar (at least to start with) as it was with the 360's BC. Hoping so at least, because that means OutRun 2.

Would love it if they didn't work it the same way they do with the 360 on the One (having to re-download the game) and letting it run straight from disc, but who knows?

Quasar

Yeah definitely getting a Switch in September.

The announcements certainly make it more interesting than putting that money towards a XBO X. And I'm normally not interested in Nintendo.

One thing I wonder is how far in advance Nintendo normally announced things. I mean are the Metroid and Pokemon Switch games likely to be 2019 titles?

Quasar

I'm going to assume that the BC compatibility is similar (at least to start with) as it was with the 360's BC. Hoping so at least, because that means OutRun 2.

Would love it if they didn't work it the same way they do with the 360 on the One (having to re-download the game) and letting it run straight from disc, but who knows?

I heard some talk about weirdness about Xbox OG disc formatting that might that a problem. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

One thing I wonder is how far in advance Nintendo normally announced things. I mean are the Metroid and Pokemon Switch games likely to be 2019 titles?

Zelda: Breath of the Wild was announced very far in advance, but this was a combination of them being desperate to show something that might help with flagging WiiU sales and the final delay was almost certainly to hold it back for Switch launch.

On average, Nintendo doesn't show games very far in advance. They only showed a few 2018 titles today, mostly it was 2017 stuff. It was also our first peak at 2018. You're correct that Pokemon and Metroid might end up being 2019, since they didn't have anything concrete to show. I would say Pokemon is more likely to be 2019 than Metroid is, since Nintendo internally runs a very tight ship but the Pokemon company has a lot of autonomy.

Quasar

Zelda: Breath of the Wild was announced very far in advance, but this was a combination of them being desperate to show something that might help with flagging WiiU sales and the final delay was almost certainly to hold it back for Switch launch.

On average, Nintendo doesn't show games very far in advance. They only showed a few 2018 titles today, mostly it was 2017 stuff. It was also our first peak at 2018. You're correct that Pokemon and Metroid might end up being 2019, since they didn't have anything concrete to show. I would say Pokemon is more likely to be 2019 than Metroid is, since Nintendo internally runs a very tight ship but the Pokemon company has a lot of autonomy.

Right. I wonder if the Switch success and all will push them harder to have a more regular flow of major first party titles to keep the momentum going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom