• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like my ASUS router. RT-Ac68u I think it is.

All depends on how much you want to spend. Picked up an Asus RT-AC68U ($190) at the beginning of last year and it has solved pretty much all the issues I had with my Billion 7700n ($60). The Billion would saturate with P2P connections easily and couldn't cope in the summer due to the heat.

Hmm, well that's 2 recommendations! I'll look into buying it. I'd prefer not losing connection every 20 minutes in Destiny 2 like the first game.

you could always try buying up a 2nd hand desktop on a 30 watt power supply / NUC or suped up ras pie clone and Set something like PF sense up ( router)

unrelated what did everyone end up doing for fathers day ?

i ended up moving some Furniture and then had Lunch with some of the family

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Went to the Zelda symphony orchestra things in Melbourne lastnight, it was very enjoyable.

People should go to the Sydney show.

But it was also 8-10:30pm on a Sunday night. That wasn't fun.

hirokazu

Whelp, I arrived at work this morning and all the LAN ports on the Telstra cable modem/router have crapped out. Spent a decent half hour troubleshooting to be sure it wasn't any cables or other equipment.

Now I'm wary to call Telstra for a replacement because I don't want to go through half an hour of some numbskull asking me to restart the modem and/or my computer.

Is there like a secret code where you can not be treated like a luddite and skip their by-the-books troubleshooting that you've already performed?

Back in Melbourne after 3 months. Damn it's cold.

Any idea if retailers are doing a midnight launch for Destiny 2? AU/NZ gets early access so tempted to grab a physical copy.

ramyeon

Any idea if retailers are doing a midnight launch for Destiny 2? AU/NZ gets early access so tempted to grab a physical copy.
EB Games are doing some. List here.

Bear in mind there's a pretty hefty Day One patch so if you want to play tonight then digital is your best bet. So you can preload everything (Including the patch) before midnight.

Don't buy Destiny 2, get KNACK TWO!

Legit the worst winter in 6 years IMO. Last night was terrible here, hail storms all day yesterday with clear skies at night means holy shit cold.

EB Games are doing some. List here.

Bear in mind there's a pretty hefty Day One patch so if you want to play tonight then digital is your best bet. So you can preload everything (Including the patch) before midnight.

Don't buy Destiny 2, get KNACK TWO!

Legit the worst winter in 6 years IMO. Last night was terrible here, hail storms all day yesterday with clear skies at night means holy shit cold.

I already have the CE pre-loaded (with the patch) but my main PSN is NA so won't unlock early.

Found out about the EB midnight launch but I'll never give $99 to EB, they can rot in hell. It's surprising that JBHIFI is not doing a midnight launch.

Also, that link is from Destiny 1 launch 3 years ago :p

ramyeon

I already have the CE pre-loaded (with the patch) but my main PSN is NA so won't unlock early.

Found out about the EB midnight launch but I'll never give $99 to EB, they can rot in hell. It's surprising that JBHIFI is not doing a midnight launch.

Also, that link is from Destiny 1 launch 3 years ago :p
Ah my bad. This was the link I was looking for initially.

I don't have the hatred for EB that many seem to do but cancelled my order with them to play at midnight on digital.

Soar

Just wanted to say that's a bit funny coming from someone with your name :D

Are there many Aussies on DGAF? Wondering if i should get in on the action, though I'm worried about the narrow FoV.

Stackboy

$57 from cdkeys if you don't want to waste the paper :)

Will that work in Aus? I thought battle.net keys were region locked

Didn't think I would be this hyped for D2 tomorrow, but here we are!!

The PC version comes out on my birthday too. You could say it's........Destiny.

senahorse

Will that work in Aus? I thought battle.net keys were region locked

Didn't think I would be this hyped for D2 tomorrow, but here we are!!

The PC version comes out on my birthday too. You could say it's........Destiny.

Good point, it's locked to Europe, had no idea.

jambo

I was getting a little excited, then I realised PC is 2 months away.

Plus the guide leaks makes it sound like there is the same amount of content as launch D1, which is hilarious.

Plus I'll just keep playing PUBG anyway.

I'm seeing people getting excited for Destiny 2 and I'm just sitting here scratching my head.
Destiny had amazing gunplay, the NetCode (my phone insists on capitalising that) was bulletproof, and it had no sharp edges. I have some friends who were hardcore gamers who loved it for the loot systems, and others who were total casuals who loved the fact that they could be a boss in PvE (guys who would normally get destroyed in online gaming) while playing with their friends.

Personally I thought there was a really good game (mechanically) at the core, just hardly any content, and no story. Also RNG stuff shits me. I stopped playing after finishing all of the SP stuff the first time, when levelling up then became dependent on RNG. I enjoyed what I played of the game, but can't see Destiny 2 doing enough (or any) new things for me to consider it. But I know a lot of people who aren't bothered by any of those things and thought the first game was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and have spent the last week buying toys and all sorts of other Destiny 2 stuff while counting the days :)

Rizzi

I absolutely hated the awful pvp in the first game, and at a certain point if you didn't have a group of people to do the raids with that's all you had unless you wanted to run the exact same missions over and over again.

Rezbit

I jumped in with Taken King and was very happy with my experience. Hopefully 2 keeps that going but with a better story and bigger environments.

I still have to get my character in L40 in Destiny 1. I'm stuck at L38 and can't even start Rise of Iron until I grind out some boring crap.

Also Socceroos! Will they screw it up?
Probably

JB midnight launch didn't disappoint.

Won the quiz and got all this free:

IMG_20170906_000614.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom