• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

CryptiK

reptilescorpio said:
Shaneus brought up the idea about a horribly compressed jpeg of the banner to serve as a reminder of the ye olde days of the internets. Dialing up and such.
SNIP I like to think of it as the SteamShot version.

Also Woo! Harris!

Also Ultima 4 for free from GOG.
I keep waiting for it to load :(

markot

Banned
I tried to install the free weekend of blops. But steam didnt let me.

I love steam sometimes ^_^ It was a moment of weakness... and steam saved me.

i would follow cookie if he updated us on his stalking.
but i still dont know why you all scoff at me when i say i just use a rss feed for tweet followings.

BanShunsaku said:
In the interest of health and safety, here's a little gem of a public service announcement from a friend of a friend on facebook which I thought I should share with you all.

Xduht.gif
FRIEND DELETED. YOUR IQ HAS GONE UP! ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Oh man, Red Faction Origins is some Star Wars level epic stuff! Also another wicket!

Just letting you know that I've had Indian for dinner and I'm writing this from my iPhone. I'll let your imagination work out the rest.

Shaneus

Fuck. 58 posts already? Can't believe I missed it :(

reptilescorpio said:
Oh man, Red Faction Origins is some Star Wars level epic stuff! Also another wicket!
Should play? I think it was a freebie I scored through PSN+ but never installed it.

Sutton Dagger said:
Just letting you know that I've had Indian for dinner and I'm writing this from my iPhone. I'll let your imagination work out the rest.
Make sure to disinfect your hands. Ah who am I kidding. Just enjoy yourself on there!

Also Minervas Den is on sale on 360!!! If you own Bioshock 2 on 360 you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece!!! Only 400 points!!!

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also Minervas Den is on sale on 360!!! If you own Bioshock 2 on 360 you owe it to yourself to play this masterpiece!!! Only 400 points!!!
References to Idle Thumbs apparently!

Once I start and finish Bioshock 1 then 2 then I'll get the DLC for PC.

Shaneus said:
Fuck. 58 posts already? Can't believe I missed it :(

Should play? I think it was a freebie I scored through PSN+ but never installed it.
Game Uber! Also now I must be Goering. hehe.

Also I was talking about the direct-to-syfy movie not the Twisted Metal rip off or whatever kind of game Battlefields ended up as.

4/63! We have a possible win on our hands! Maybe!

trinest

I don't want to talk about the guy who eats Indian Food and has his anus explode.

What's new for me is my Dad has cancer. Has a random video which hes watching which talks about the drugs and stuff like that.

Fredescu said:
I think it was more or less in the bag when they set a 350+ lead.
I don't lick my chickens until they are cooked.

trinest said:
What's new for me is my Dad has cancer. Has a random video which hes watching which talks about the drugs and stuff like that.
Shit that sucks. Hope you and your family are taking it well and everyone is doing everything they can to get him through it. Hopefully they detected it early and he will be okay.

trinest

reptilescorpio said:
Shit that sucks. Hope you and your family are taking it well and everyone is doing everything they can to get him through it. Hopefully they detected it early and he will be okay.
Not sure how late or early its been identified. But over the past two months hes have various health issues which during that time he was also been on holidays etc. But it seems the vibe I've got is they have identified it earlyish I guess.

Lots of support from various family friends, and my brothers also going to come over and do a few extra things around the house so he can live a little easiler. (Expecially with his really bad back he also has).

Shaneus

trinest said:
Oh shit, man. Here's hoping that it's relatively minor and/or your dad can power through the fucker.

Gazunta

That sucks Trinest, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

A good friend of mine's father died of cancer today. Cancer fucking sucks.

I went shopping for backyard studio spaces today. So excited about the proposition of having a dedicated studio space for making comics. But holy Christ the price adds up quickly...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Legend's new name for me is Dolorous cookie, After the guy from a song of fire and ice books.

I think it fits D:

Jintor

So who amongst you lot are lawyers who can tell me the link between my bullshit equity assignment questions and what I'm actually studying?

trinest said:
Not sure how late or early its been identified. But over the past two months hes have various health issues which during that time he was also been on holidays etc. But it seems the vibe I've got is they have identified it earlyish I guess.

Lots of support from various family friends, and my brothers also going to come over and do a few extra things around the house so he can live a little easiler. (Expecially with his really bad back he also has).
As long as he stays positive and keeps moving forward he has a great chance of getting through it. I know it is strange to say but cancer treatment has come an incredible way the last 10 years, watching our family friend go through it was quite extraordinary. Every day they get better at treating and making the lives of people with cancer easier.

Jintor said:
So who amongst you lot are lawyers who can tell me the link between my bullshit equity assignment questions and what I'm actually studying?
90% of what you do at Uni is worthless and unrelatible to what you will be doing in the workplace (less so in law but my point still stands). Take for instance exams. When the fuck are you in that situation in the workplace? Given 3 hours to do a random selection of work across the entire gamut of possibilities?

hamchan

Just watched the first episode of Doctor Who Season 5, pretty damn fantastic. Matt Smith is good and Karen Gillan is so damn hot.

trinest

reptilescorpio said:
As long as he stays positive and keeps moving forward he has a great chance of getting through it. I know it is strange to say but cancer treatment has come an incredible way the last 10 years, watching our family friend go through it was quite extraordinary. Every day they get better at treating and making the lives of people with cancer easier.
The type of cancer he has is still pretty primative in curing or something. From my understanding of the situation its some kind of Melanoma/IgA something.

No one tells me things, information just circles around me.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
90% of what you do at Uni is worthless and unrelatible to what you will be doing in the workplace (less so in law but my point still stands). Take for instance exams. When the fuck are you in that situation in the workplace? Given 3 hours to do a random selection of work across the entire gamut of possibilities?

This is actually worse than normal. These appear to be questions about sociology and taxation and are baaaaaaaarely related to the property and equitable trusts that I am theoretically doing. We haven't even covered the charitable trusts stuff in class yet!

Kerrby

Banned
trinest said:
I don't want to talk about the guy who eats Indian Food and has his anus explode.

Dude I'm so sorry, my nan passed away last month from cancer :(.

Jintor said:
This is actually worse than normal. These appear to be questions about sociology and taxation and are baaaaaaaarely related to the property and equitable trusts that I am theoretically doing. We haven't even covered the charitable trusts stuff in class yet!
Dude, I am doing a lazy Management major to finish my Commerce degree where I finished my Marketing major nearly 3 years ago and just need the extra units to make it look a little nicer. The last subject I did was basically economics and globalisation. Which I will never need unless I suddenly start running a multi-national corporation. Which would be nice but I doubt it will happen while the stuff I learnt is current enough to be useful, everything we learn at Uni becomes outdated within 5 years anyway. Uni is all about getting a bit of paper to get in the door at a job interview. Which sucks.

Also anyone know how to configure the G keys on a Logitech G930 headset? Tried everything to get them to do Winamp functions.

Wait Bernbaum's name isn't Bernie Bernbaum? Golfham.

I'm a twit that tweets under the name @roosters93.

Making the top posters list of ausgaf3 was the highlight of this minute!

trinest

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

roosters93 said:
Making the top posters list of ausgaf3 was the highlight of this minute!
I remember there was one version which we did a list only a few pages in and I was in the top. But I doubt I kept that "lead".

Shaneus

Oh, my Twitter name is @therealshaneus, because someone else already took @shaneus. I bitched about not having that name and then the dude started following me on Twitter.

I didn't follow him back. Cunt.

elektrixx

Banned
Ydahs said:
Ooo, you watch wrestling? I don't think there's many of us on AusGAF and WrassleGAF is pretty awful.

Ever been to a live event?

Naa I never really bothered. TV is more than enough for me.

I can't read the wrestling threads here because they're spoiler-filled half the time from Australia's point of view.

commissar

New thread!

Though I imagine I'll never post and just lurk it and occasionally drop into steam chat like the last two threads.

elfinke

Just watched a surreal few moments of cricket that saw both Ponting and Clarke rolling their arms over from alternate ends. Just seeing Ponting bowling again made me feel giddy :D

Also, RO2 doesn't run particularly well on my current PC. No sky box, half drawn textures everywhere else and 30fps, lol. Fast tracking the purchase of my PC upgrade!

We also got a tad lucky against Thailand in the football tonight, I felt.

Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa. I just. I just tried to order a game from Zavvi and I get THIS at the checkout.
pleaseconfirmyourorder19j7.png
The party is over. No more free postage. One more charge to add to the currency conversion. :(

Top Bottom