• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Shaneus

What? Since when did that happen?

Glad I ordered Child of Eden for PS3 early and bought the rest of the stuff last week. As much as it's essentially a token charge, it sucks to see it actually visible.

Edit: That's about the Zavvi shipping, obv. Any idea what happened with Geelong and the Pies? I only saw the score at 3/4 time and was all "WTF?".

elfinke said:
Just watched a surreal few moments of cricket that saw both Ponting and Clarke rolling their arms over from alternate ends. Just seeing Ponting bowling again made me feel giddy :D
Love watching Ponting bowling. Especially when we are giving someone a flogging.

Omi said:
Twitter?

0mikr0n

Bite me.
“You're a big dummy, Einstein! Get a haircut!”

Jintor

I changed my twitter name back to @PatrickLum because I'm schizo like that, so update the twitter thingy accordingly.

Omikron

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-02/opposition-climate-plan-costs-twice-carbon-tax/2868852

Federal Treasury analysis shows the Opposition's direct action climate change policy would cost twice as much as a carbon tax for the same reduction in emissions.

The analysis has been released following a Freedom of Information (FOI) request.

Both major parties have committed to reducing carbon emissions by 5 per cent by 2020.

The Treasury analysis says the Coalition's direct action plan would be more expensive because it forgoes opportunities for cheaper, international sources of abatement and would be generally less effective.

The modelling says a carbon price of $62 a tonne in 2010 dollars would be the cost needed to abate 159 million tonnes in 2020 from the direct action plan.

The cost would be $29 a tonne if international market-based permits were used.

Interesting and not surprising.

Yagharek

God damn it. Check this page and get spoilt on the ending if the game tonight. Fuck.
Its only 2nd quarter on tv here in WA.

I can't be too angry though, it means 2000 Essendon remains unchallenged :D

midonnay

RandomVince said:
God damn it. Check this page and get spoilt on the ending if the game tonight. Fuck.

sorry mate :x

just moved to melbourne..... (from perth no less) forgot about the timezones >_>

Agyar

Obligatory single post for the month. PCs are lame, choc is wrong, vote Greens etc etc. Catch you guys in October.

Ydahs

RandomVince said:

This is why I don't like the AFL discussion to creep into this thread. We have an official thread for a reason...

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
Obligatory single post for the month. PCs are lame, choc is wrong, vote Greens etc etc. Catch you guys in October.
PC's aren't for everyone but rewarding for those who do it properly; Choc's poor communication skills let down what might be a perfectly rational Australian; and the Greens are an emotionally-driven, scientifically ignorant rabble who have no idea what the hell they are on about.

SPYE LYFE!

Choc

Banned
Bernbaum said:
PC's aren't for everyone but rewarding for those who do it properly; Choc's poor communication skills let down what might be a perfectly rational Australian; and the Greens are an emotionally-driven, scientifically ignorant rabble who have no idea what the hell they are on about.

SPYE LYFE!

i am a perfectly rational Australian.

My comm skills on a forum are not so good, :|

Yagharek

Choc said:

Seconded. You mean well, but geez you make some howlers.

I'm still annoyed at you that you snubbed my review skills or lack thereof back in the day. :p

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
Seconded. You mean well, but geez you make some howlers.

I'm still annoyed at you that you snubbed my review skills or lack thereof back in the day. :p

ok now i am intrigued

im guessing you were on play now

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
Yeah, I thought you knew that? Sorry man.

:)

now i am trying to wonder who I auditioned from there for spots i had open at the time

hrm

whats candy arse doing these days? i'd love to know what he likes about madden now :p

Bernbaum

Choc said:

And, let's not forget your diverse range of emotions - bold; italicized; and for when you really mean it - ALL CAPS.

Damn, I missed the new banner :(

Work was horrible today. Nearly 12 hours, didn't have time to even grab a bite. Came home and gorged on 2 subway footlongs.

Also, Geelong whipped Magpies. Me so happy.

Yagharek

Forget Judd, Chapman may be the best player in the AFL. So consistent.

Here's a point of interest. Best AFL sides in your lifetime. And best grand finals.

The best teams I've seen are essendon 2000, Carlton 95, geelong 2007.
Best grand finals were 2010 draw, 2006, 2005.

I am just listing top sides based on single seasons, but the best dynasties are hawks of 1986-91, geelong 07-11, lions 01-03. Essendon should have been there, but failed in 99 and 01, sadly.

Choc

Banned
as much as you victorians dont like it i think the uniqueness that the AFL grand final can be completely replayed is awesome

its also imo the fairest way to determine it all.

Yagharek

Draw replays are good, but a real home and away league of 32/34 games would be fairer, technically. Sometimes the best team all year doesn't get the title.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
By far the greatest travesty in recent times was Geelong losing to Hawthorn. Absolutely pathetic.

Hawks played the perfect grand final. Same as st kilda should gave won 09, essendon 99 and 2001. It doesn't always go to plan. That's a good and bad thing.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
Hawks played the perfect grand final. Same as st kilda should gave won 09, essendon 99 and 2001. It doesn't always go to plan. That's a good and bad thing.
They played fine, Geelong played woefully. Probably went into it with the same attitude that Collingwood had tonight.

Just about to head for the airport. Don't suppose I'll be around much for the next few weeks.

If y'all want to follow along on Twitter to see what I eat for lunch - http://twitter.com/#!/michaelhewett - and some of you have been added to my Google+ from when we did the invite thing. Feel free to add me on there if you want, and can figure out my name. It'll be a challenge, I know.

RandomVince said:
Forget Judd, Chapman may be the best player in the AFL. So consistent.
Agreed. The dude is a douchebag and tried to bum smokes off me 5 times in one night at Eureka but the man is an incredible footballer. Much better than the rest of the guys there over the past 6 years. Taking him out of the team would do more damage than any other player there.

Choc said:
as much as you victorians dont like it i think the uniqueness that the AFL grand final can be completely replayed is awesome

its also imo the fairest way to determine it all.
Choc is correct as always. First match was damn tight and a lot of fun to watch. Second match was a bit bleh but it still meant 2 possible days on the piss!

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Agreed. The dude is a douchebag and tried to bum smokes off me 5 times in one night at Eureka but the man is an incredible footballer
Bahahaha. Doesn't sound like a footballer at all!

I remember seeing Ottens one Sunday night at Home House after one of their grand final appearances (can't remember which one). Fucker is HUGE. They get treated like gods in Geelong, though. Stupid starfuckers.

Ended up play Halo a few times with Mark Blake who is dating one of the girls in our, ugh, friendship group (fuck that sounds stupid to write). Nice bloke but not much of a footballer. Would have been okay back in the old days when he could just stand there and tap but nowdays you need to be able to kick and handball more than 5 metres.
Even ended up holding my son after a game for a photo. All the other supporters were disappointed when he walked out rather than one of the star players which was pretty rude to Blake. Maybe he should have taken that contract at St Kilda.

midonnay

reptilescorpio said:
Agreed. The dude is a douchebag and tried to bum smokes off me 5 times in one night at Eureka but the man is an incredible footballer. Much better than the rest of the guys there over the past 6 years. Taking him out of the team would do more damage than any other player there.

5 times in one night?

sounds like he was hitting on you.....

Kirby102

sBtSV.png

Woop woop woop woop, just joined in on it now.

Woot. 20 points. Would be handy IF WE HAD ACCESS TO XBLIG MICROSOFT!

Nice to see that they care about our region though. Also noticed I got several emails from them notifying me of an auto-renew from a deal they had when Reach came out for $48. They even tell me how to cancel the auto-renewal at the end of the period which is really nice. Great work MS! Starting to get better!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Chadstone sucks. 99% of the places are for females, although fuck there's a lot of hot ladies shopping and working here.

I have no idea what I'm doing or what ishluld eat for lunch.

I had a list of things I wanted to try and buy but that seems a little hard. I also hate walking into stores, most are female based with a small section for men. It's cool if your with ya missus but strange as fuck on your own.

Wish there was a good shaving shop around here. I haven't found any shaving stuff in myer or David jones. Dj does have the hotter staff though!

d4533

evlcookie said:
Chadstone sucks. 99% of the places are for females, although fuck there's a lot of hot ladies shopping and working here.

I had a list of things I wanted to try and buy but that seems a little hard. I also hate walking into stores, most are female based with a small section for men. It's cool if your with ya missus but strange as fuck on your own.

Wish there was a good shaving shop around here. I haven't found any shaving stuff in myer or David jones. Dj does have the hotter staff though!
There is a Japanese place near JB which is pretty decent if you're still looking for lunch. There used to be a shaving shop around which seemed decent. I forget where it is though.

Currently sitting at the airport waiting to pick up someone and the flight us late. There's not a whole lot to do at the airport to kill time.

evlcookie said:
How could it suck then? Saves you money AND you get to have a very attractive walk!

evlcookie said:
I always get my electric shavers from Harvey Norman when they clear them out at like $30. Every 12 months in February I seem to be able to pick up a great rotary shaver that lasts the next 12 months until I pay another $30 rather than pay the $80 or so dollars to get the head redone. In reality I mainly use my trimmer flickup on the shaver to trim my stubble back to Day 2 level so I look like a fashionable drunk rather than a hobo.

I also have a confession to make. I didn't really like Ocarina of Time. I would have spent around 200 hours on Link to the Past so it just didn't feel right to me and I could never get over it. I can still boot up LttP now and it feels just as enjoyable as the day I played it years ago whereas every time I try to give OoT another shot I get bored after an hour or so and go back to LttP. I want to like it but I am starting to lose hope.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I use old school shaving stuff. I wanted to try pick up a new badger brush and cream to check out, nothing here at all for that.

May have found a shirt, Thingy combo at quicksilver but I still need a jumper.

Money will be spent and I will die eating this hungry jacks. Yea!

evlcookie said:

No Shaver Shop?

You really are Dolorous Cookie.

evlcookie said:
I use old school shaving stuff. I wanted to try pick up a new badger brush and cream to check out, nothing here at all for that.

May have found a shirt, Thingy combo at quicksilver but I still need a jumper.

Money will be spent and I will die eating this hungry jacks. Yea!

Use your phone to enter the numbers of hot single girls you are talking to at Chadstone, not the internet.

Top Bottom