• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Open 2017 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm staying in New York for a few weeks with no TV, only a MacBook. Are there any free streams of the Oz Open anywhere? Desperate to watch Rafa's match tonight...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Istomin just took the first set in his match, nice to see him backing up the big win so far.

leng jai

Zrevev bricked 3 volleys and Nadal still couldn't win the tiebreak. His groundstroke depth is absolutely pathetic, it's like he's begging his opponent to crush the ball.

oti

Banned
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ZVEREV TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ZVEREV TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

edit: sad.

He looks good. Only 19 and he'll learn that the intensity and resilience that the older generation have is invaluable, and it's what has took them above and beyond what previous generations have achieved. No teenagers, apart from some kind of genetic freak, will be winning slams in the men's game any time soon.

It's a shame Kygrios is such a damn head case, otherwise that guy could be a real force. Love watching him play, but it's painful to see his self-destructive nature win out, time and time again.

Ricker

Pliskova battles back from being down 5 2 in the third set to win the match in a tie breaker...Ostapenko is going to be a top player soon I think,if she can change her attitude a bit...its funny to see her stop dead in her track after losing a point,grimacing and looking at her coach like she has no clue what happened lol...

Kerber,you know what to do,wipe that cocky,arrogant grin off Coco's face please lol.

My man Milos still going strong,wooo!!!!!

IISANDERII

Wow that match! Zverev should've had it and played incredibly well but Nadal was like "There's life in these old legs still"

Zverev really impressed me with his court sense and tennis IQ. Just nerves, fitness got the best of him. I don't think I've seen Nadal play like that in years.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Gasquet's forehand is just so bad for his ranking, it is almost impressive how far he's made it in his career. The number of times in rallies with Dimitrov that Gasquet got a big nice expanse of open court, then hit a really loopy forehand with lots of spin that travelled super slowly and sat up nicely for Dimitrov to retrieve is insane - I counted at least 4 points that ended that way in the final game of the first set alone. If he flattened out any one of those shots, even slightly, he'd probably have taken the first set, but he literally seems incapable of doing so - he doesn't even look to be being deliberately risk-averse, it's like he never actually learnt to flatten out his forehand at all, ever.

It's all the more painful because of how damn sexy his backhand is.

Green Yoshi

Nadal played better than expected but I just don't think he will win another GS title in his career. I'm looking forward to the match between Federer and Nishikori. Roger played brilliantly against Berdych.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Federer and Nadal both played great matches, actually. I wasn't expecting that from either of them, but Federer absolutely comprehensively dismantled Berdych and his movement was absolutely great. Almost all of Federer's decline is down to being half a step slower, I think - if anything, his quality of shot and serve are better than ever when he has time on the ball - but especially his backhand requires an agility of step he lost a little. That really wasn't showing. I think Nadal is my quiet favourite to make the final from his side of the draw, certainly - Raonic-Nadal is the key match there. As for Federer, well, Nishikori will be difficult, but I'm not making any definite predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom