• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Wow, that looks like shit. That CGI looks really painfully dated.

When people talk about dated CGI, I tend to instantly imagine it's going to be something lacking any sort of good shading and incapable of dynamic motion, which isn't the case here.

In fact, I'd argue this clearly looks better than the 3D in Tiger & Bunny, for example, by virtue of the fact that the 3DCG work is by Orange and matches their standard output.

If I had any qualms they would concern the AI/OS avatar, but then again she's meant to be an artificial character.

Character designs aren't very attractive either.

I'd say the best part is how the males look like capable young adults and not confused teens. I could take or leave the female characters in Active Raid but at least they're not annoying me.

JulianImp

It certainly feels off compared to Bakemonogatari and I can't yet place my finger on why.

While Nise gave us our first peek at the awesomeness that is Kaiki, it also shows Koyomi going back on what he said during Mayoi Snail about how the only people who fantasize about lewd stuff with sisters are those that don't have sisters of their own (even though I guess you could say he wasn't actually fantasizing about anything that happened with his sisters, but that tooth-brushing scene...). The lewdest story arc being focused on Koyomi's little sisters feels, well... wrong... but after that comes second season, so all's right in the world.

If I had to rate each season, I'd probably go for Second Season > Bake > Owari > Tsuki > Hana > Nise.

There might be a D-Gray Man anime.......

I don't want to get my hopes too high and get destroyed but if it's true then what the flipping fuck.

Edit: I guess it's just a re-run but it still does provide a possibility for a new season.

Russ T

Banned
Just saw the trailer for Attack on Titan Just Kidding Not Really.

Hahaha, the staff, too. Oh man.

I'm actually not complaining, though. It has a much more interesting aesthetic to me than AoT ever did! And maybe it'll be better? Or maybe not.

Blusby

Kizumonogatari Part II: Hot-Blooded Chapter confirmed for Summer 2016.

3c1gP0C.jpg

javac

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wow. I think it looks really good but.... erm......

The director of Attack on Titan, and the studio animating Attack on Titan, and a bunch of staff who worked on Attack on Titan.... is making an original anime which looks like...... Not-Attack on Titan. Wut? It's just.... erm.... why?

Cinematic Universes are all the rage right now! Watch this all tie in.

Quasar

Fire Sisters arcs were weak and only good when they weren't on screen and it was focusing on anyone else

Good thing Karen and Tsukihi do pretty much nothing after Nise, especially Karen

Meh. I Iiked em, but I've liked all the characters in *monogatari. My only complaint was that the Karen story was to long and dragged for me.

Jex

Mouryou no Hako 7

This episode was so dense with Japanese folklore, religion, history, literature, philosophy, and language that I had a really hard time following it. Hamasaki's storyboard was really straining at times to make things visually interesting. But the last bit opened up a new interesting dimension for the main story to go down, and it looks like we'll be returning to that with the next episode.

I believe that's where "fansubbers" gave up "back in the day". I can see why.

pbayne

The only thing they have left to animate is Heaven's Feel, which IIRC they said it'll be a movie.

Isn't there tons of spin-offs though. Its obviously a cash cow so I could see them milking it a bit more.

I hope ufotable isn't chained to the series forever though

Russ T

Banned
Steampunk used to be cool and it can be cool once more when the idiots let it be. Cyberpunk was so as well.

Both are still cool, as both basic aesthetics, and as their actual original form, which was more about settings and tone.

You just have to ignore the weirdos who fetishize it beyond all reason.

You know, like with anime.

Mailbox

all done with finals and everything now, so on with the anime binge :D:D:D:D

I'm gonna see if I can catch up/ finish my "currently watching" stuff within 2 days.

How many more pages do you guys think we can hit before lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom