• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
You know what I'd actually like to see? LoK book 4 remastered. I want someone to actually fix up the animation with an actual budget. A Kuvira with her book 3 hair, a mech that doesn't look dumb as fuck, fight scenes worth a damn, removing the pointless filler episode. That'd be nice.

You know what I'd actually like to see? LoK book 4 remastered. I want someone to actually fix up the animation with an actual budget. A Kuvira with her book 3 hair, a mech that doesn't look dumb as fuck, fight scenes worth a damn, removing the pointless filler episode. That'd be nice.

Book 2 first.

Just redo the entire thing, especially the final battle
Toa.

tumblr_nv9caihaON1ro0n55o6_1280.png

Just bring back Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Kuvira and call it a day

tumblr_nv9caihaON1ro0n55o6_1280.png

Just bring back Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Kuvira and call it a day
Why can't we have both? She wears the cape outfit for casual Fridays and office meetings and the "fuck some shit up" UMK3 gear for the fight scenes. Does anybody find it weird that fanfics portray Kuvira as more physically...umm...what's the world I'm looking for...coordinated than Korra?
tumblr_oh5i815kDb1u8szpso2_1280.png

Veelk

Banned
One thing I like about fan art people is that they explore things that would never be possible in the show.

Like the idea that Kuvira wouldn't slit bataar's throat the moment he asked her to shave him.

They also give Kuvira a much needed personality upgrade and we both know Kuvira is precise as fuck. That's the one thing I loved about her bending style. She was an earth bender but she had the precision of an airbender. She's less of a show off than Su was as well, she was always just quick and to the point when she fought Su. They both "danced" but Kuvira was more tactical.

Oh that's nice, Vee--

Oh
I think if you took the time out to read some of the stuff you'd appreciate how intelligent a lot of the fan fic makes Kuvira. Korra is definitely the less intelligent one, but Korra is also very good at getting Kuvira to open up, but Kuvira's very sardonically catty, it's a pretty fun dynamic actually.

Well speaking of the remaster: I watched a few scenes. Some of the backgrounds look really nice now. They looked great before, but the increased resolution here really does them justice. Unfortunately, the characters don't tend to fare as well from what I've seen. The areas where the upscaler(s) got sloppy are pretty easy to spot: lots of blurred lines and muddied faces in frames that weren't drawn as cleanly as others and/or were trying to fit a lot of detail in a small area.

It definitely isn't a replacement for a proper ATLA remaster, but it's still cool to have since a proper ATLA remaster will never happen.

Well speaking of the remaster: I watched a few scenes. Some of the backgrounds look really nice now. They looked great before, but the increased resolution here really does them justice. Unfortunately, the characters don't tend to fare as well from what I've seen. The areas where the upscaler(s) got sloppy are pretty easy to spot: lots of blurred lines and muddied faces in frames that weren't drawn as cleanly as others and/or were trying to fit a lot of detail in a small area.

It definitely isn't a replacement for a proper ATLA remaster, but it's still cool to have since a proper ATLA remaster will never happen.

Its definitely improved in the last half of the series, though. In their own words, the episodes that were already shit (most of book 1) won't really improve in that front. However, episodes that are really clean like The Blind Bandit or the finale really do see a lot of improvements. Really clean lines and all that jazz.

The first four episode really do look like someone put vaseline all over the screen, though.

Veelk

Banned
I wonder if they could pull a rogue one on this and make a mini series that's about the normal people of the Avatar world.

Mondo was also the ones making the Korra and Asami figure, right? Is that still a thing or not?

Looks like there haven't been any updates since the concept art was shown a little over a year ago. I don't know how long it takes for a statue to go from concept to finished product, but a year w/ no news does seem like a long time.

Top Bottom