• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

I don't beg, I DEMAND.
But nobody listens when you demand shit like this:
i_will_find_him_man_of_steel.gif

Veelk

Banned
Just posting the collection of links for easy access

Mako
Bolin
Asami
Korra's background
Tenzin and Lin
Book 1
Book 2

You know, trying to think of a conclusion for all this is actually harder than I thought. There are 3 basic elements: the Red Lotus in Republic City making their power play, knowing it would draw Korra out, the Red Lotus also grooming Kuvira to be the Avatar killer with the evil spirit empowering her with the other elements to make her the Anti-Avatar, and Korra finally fully realizing her powers for the first time.

Problem is that kind of lost tract of the little character moments when writing this. It just seems like such a basic "epic fights!" sort of ending, and that's not quite what Book 3 of TLA was about, which is what I'm trying to emulate, but I'm not sure how other than with Kuvira.... I guess I need to pay attention more to how the rest of the Krew feel about Kuvira, since I don't want them to just be a unified "fuck Kuvira" task force other than Korra.

You know, trying to think of a conclusion for all this is actually harder than I thought. There are 3 basic elements: the Red Lotus in Republic City making their power play, knowing it would draw Korra out, the Red Lotus also grooming Kuvira to be the Avatar killer with the evil spirit empowering her with the other elements to make her the Anti-Avatar, and Korra finally fully realizing her powers for the first time.

Problem is that kind of lost tract of the little character moments when writing this. It just seems like such a basic "epic fights!" sort of ending, and that's not quite what Book 3 of TLA was about, which is what I'm trying to emulate, but I'm not sure how other than with Kuvira.... I guess I need to pay attention more to how the rest of the Krew feel about Kuvira, since I don't want them to just be a unified "fuck Kuvira" task force other than Korra.

In ATLA Book 3 ending, Aang faced a dilemma on how to 'end' Ozai's grip and was given solutions/failures from the past Avatars when confronting similar adversity. I see that you're sorta leaning towards something similar by using the Krew's individual ethos to provide solutions and/or expand on their modus operandi through more character moments. Though it is doubtful if more than one would provide insightful solutions or that all of them even should give their own mini-PSAs.

Also the ATLA finale fight had some layers to it, the end of the main story (How Aang saved the world), moral dilemma (Aang's pacifist vs. the obvious murder solution) , etc. Not gonna I lie, I didn't reread your collection yet so I can't comment anymore.

Veelk

Banned
In ATLA Book 3 ending, Aang faced a dilemma on how to 'end' Ozai's grip and was given solutions/failures from the past Avatars when confronting similar adversity. I see that you're sorta leaning towards something similar by using the Krew's individual ethos to provide solutions and/or expand on their modus operandi through more character moments. Though it is doubtful if more than one would provide insightful solutions or that all of them even should give their own mini-PSAs.

Also the ATLA finale fight had some layers to it, the end of the main story (How Aang saved the world), moral dilemma (Aang's pacifist vs. the obvious murder solution) , etc. Not gonna I lie, I didn't reread your collection yet so I can't comment anymore.

I just quoted it so I wouldn't have to keep searching for it.

Yeah, I got those things lined up in theory, but in my mind, something is just not clicking the way it did for Books 1 and 2 when I wrote it.

Two years ago, Tumblr was in a tizzy over the LoK ending.

Now... Tumblr is in a tizzy over something Team Waifu Fortress related. I still haven't bought hat game

I've used an online guide to author the Remastered videos into a 3 disc physical set. I haven't printed anything for the jewel case but I'm still working on it.

It's a lot of work to do but it's entirely worth it to have it on your shelf along with your ATLA dvds and Korra blurays.

Top Bottom