• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

JoeFu

Banned
I think B O Y S is from Tidesoftime(Topdickstone pro) channel he always called his viewers T I D E S B O Y S after that it just became a meme for everything, sigh.

It's from an awful song called Kyoto from some dude called Yung Lean. Started with S A D B O Y S

JoeFu

Banned
Oh well i saw it first in his chat thought that was the origin guess its a terrible song. Doesnt really matter its so dumb.

Only reason I know this is because a friend of mine always spammed the song in a chat and quoted the lyrics.

Think he heard the song from a dota stream though

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
bonus stream seems to be non maintained?

it said the whole time "up next: Wario Land 4" although the game that followed was some bullet hell shooter. also the runners name was never edited in, the timer wasnt started and there is no sound?
whaddup?
I mean, at least sound would be nice..

jwhit28

it said the whole time "up next: Wario Land 4" although the game that followed was some bullet hell shooter. also the runners name was never edited in, the timer wasnt started and there is no sound?
whaddup?

That message has been showing since Wario 4 was played.

RedToad64

I always find the Mario Party stuff to be hilarious. Hopefully they don't do 2 vs 2 again. It was interesting at first, but then the game eventually turns into an anticlimactic situation where one team ends up way ahead of the other around the midway point.

That Wario Land 4 hype, though.

I think folks are just exhausted after a week of meticulously attending to the stream. Hopefully we'll get some of those niceties back once they've recovered.

Konomori

Neo Member

whaddup?

huh sound is there... And there are no runs during Bonus this time so time stays at 0:00

Five

Banned
Does anybody know, does the current stated funding total include all of the missed donations? Or were there just a couple hundred thousand donated after the run?

I got my Save (Kill) the Animals shirt this morning, so that's fun.

Bumhat

They just announced that the amount of money raised for the save/kill the animals incentive was $310,000. Methinks Super Metroid is going to feature in every marathon for the forseable future!

SamuraiX-

They just announced that the amount of money raised for the save/kill the animals incentive was $310,000. Methinks Super Metroid is going to feature in every marathon for the forseable future!

Wouldn't be surprised if they do a back-to-back 100% race and any% race to end AGDQ16 instead of an RPG.

Bumhat

Wouldn't be surprised if they do a back-to-back 100% race and any% race to end AGDQ16 instead of an RPG.

That would be awesome. Also, while I ended up enjoying the solo 100% race it would have been a lot better with four runners rather than just two.

EDIT: This GZ run is hilarious for so many reasons.

Brashnir

It's already strategically placed in the best timeframe for donations. Putting it at the end of the event owuld have it at 5am on Sunday on the US east coast.

bitdance.gif

Top Bottom