• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

RagnarokX

This was rather impressive:
YoungDarlingCrab.gif

http://youtu.be/c-bkDz0wPsI?t=1h2m46s

Macheezmo

Runner Epic got really unlucky on a boss 26 minutes in. His death took him out of the race, and restarting would've just made it go over the allotted time. He stopped playing. It took the person running the stream a little while to go back to a solo run setup, so we were all watching Epic stare at the save select screen and look defeated.

Poor guy.
If that happened to me I probably would've just left the room

RagnarokX

The Sonic Spinball ride is in the UK. Sega bought and re-themed a pre-existing rollercoaster to promote Sonic 4. That's how you know it's good!

hrFRJGC.jpg

44W9wRl.jpg

They also have this horrifying Sonic 4 themed hotel room:
9z2QEB2.jpg
bWiFJan.jpg

ZVFdj8n.jpg

P4VghLK.jpg

Velcro Fly

I get how werster feels. Times are good and things are fun with your friends and you want them to stay that way forever but it never happens that way. Things always happen and parts of the community end up breaking off or your group of friends drifts apart. It's never the same and that's hard.

CassSept

Man, sad it's over. Catching up on some of the ones I missed now.

Highlight of the run has to be NG relay race. That was the Super Metroid 4-way race of this year.

NG relay race was great but I think it wasn't the same level as Super Metroid race because they kept on falling behind and catching up while in Super Metroid for long periods of time they were practically within seconds of each other.

Tetris exhibition was godlike and the highlight in my opinion.

Oidisco

The highlight was Tetris without a doubt and blind Ocarina of Time/Yoshi's Island were incredible as well. Of all the runs I saw, Mischief Makers was probably the most fun. And ofcourse the proposal awesome!

Personally though, Tropical Freeze was my favourite run. I'm super biased towards that game ofcourse.

Vaddon

That's that for AGDQ 2015. Great event though, been watching ever since AGDQ 2012 and there were some amazing moments in this GDQ. Also had a blast with the GAF chat, thanks guys. It made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable to watch in comparison to past GDQ's.

Not sure how this works. I am watching the Super Metroid "race" and I see that a $20 donation gets you a really cool Metroid print? Is this given to everyone who donates $20 or is it a raffle? Is it too late to buy it? I found the guy's deviantart page but it doesn't seem to be for direct sale.

Thanks

Great event this year. Too bad the Super Metroid race had to turn out the way it did though. I suggest everyone watch the I Wanna Be The Boshy run by witiwx and the Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels by GameJO6, awesome, informative and hilarious commentary throughout both! Shout outs to everyone in GAF chat as well, it was a lot of fun chilling and talking to you guys throughout the event even if the subject wasn't always about games!

TUSR

Banned
Thanks for stopping by everyone, the OP should have all the videos of previous runs in it at the top.

See you all next year, or this Summer if I do the SGDQ thread.

Top Bottom