• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesomenauts |OT| - 2D MOBA - [PC/XBLA/PSN] Now on PS4!

Card Boy

Banned
Are we getting patchnotes of the changes happening to the game? I'm pretty sure of the removed perks Leon is definitely losing slow dagger. That thing is just hella silly.

I would imagine it would go up on facebook or their forums once it hits. I think its in cert with MS and Sony, i could be wrong.

ZeroCoin

I think best of all the patch includes another Awesomenaut which is this one

If you check the bandcamp link out and listen to track 12, I believe they've included the 2 new awesomenaut's themes. At around 2:49 and 3:12 the new tracks start. As far as the soundtrack goes, I really wished they had separated out each of the individual character themes, and also included the remixed killstreak theme for each awesomenaut.

Card Boy

Banned
Just on the latest patch

9lNic.png

Card Boy

Banned
Some Voltar Drone changes, NAT types on screen, connection issue fixes

Awesomenauts Community Address #3

After a week filled with exciting news coming from E3 in LA, it's time to get back into space! Or more specifically, the 80's cartoon space of Awesomenauts! In this address we'll go into some more detail about the balance fixes, talk a bit about the timing of the patch and we also have a cool giveaway! But first, some news: the game will also be released in Korea on PSN on June 20th!

Now lets talk about some of the changes we'll be making in the patch. One of the issues we're addressing with the update is the power of Voltars' drones. They are too effective at tanking turrets and their maximum damage output is a bit too high. So we've reduced the drone base health and replaced the Force Fields item with an item that makes the drone shots blind enemies. To compensate, the drones now explode and deal a bit of damage when they die. This ties in with our second change: replacing the second shot damage item with an item that improves their explosion upon destruction. Both these changes make the drones better at support and defense, as they were originally intended.

Our goals for the changes are twofold: fixing balance issues and to make more item builds viable. We can't wait to see what kind of combinations you guys come up with. We'll be distributing a Preview build to interested press very soon. Hopefully you'll be able to read their impressions while the patch passes through certification.

As for the question that is on everyones' mind: when is the patch coming out? Well, it'll be a bit later than we originally hinted at. Fixing the connectivity issues has proven to be more difficult than we anticipated. Unfortunately not all aspects of this process are in our control but we'll do everything in our power to speed it up.

Once the patch is live there will be two subtle changes you'll notice. First off, we'll be displaying your NAT type on the game session setup screen. If this displays 'NAT:moderate' or 'NAT:strict', you could try and change your router settings. But you might also want to try heading online first, because we've also greatly improved the connectivity for players using the Moderate and Strict settings. This last fix has given us some trouble, but trust us when we say it will be worth the wait!

Finally, giveaway time! We've got a very cool pair of sneakers that we'll be giving away, curtesy of Kyozokicks! Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook for a chance at the most awesome pair of shoes in the Galaxy!

TL:DR
- Awesomenauts will be out in Korea on PSN on June 20th
- More item build diversity
- Big connectivity improvements
- Awesomenauts shoes!

Card Boy

Banned
PATCHNOTES ARE FINALLY UP! Also second new Awesomenaut is revealed!

http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2104

Patch Notes 1.1
Go Go Robo Power Patch!

New features

Coco Nebulon
Background
Hailing from a psyonic race on Okeanos, Coco is known as the cosmic waveblazer. Describes herself as hot & cool at the same time.

Excerpt from her spacelog: "It's just like, dude, I was cruisin' the galaxy, you know, in this totally tubular space-van, searching for the best cosmic waves man."

Type
Fast, melee, support.

Skill 1: Blaze
Temporarily, Coco's hoverboard leaves a trail of electricity.

Skill 2: Ball lightning
Shoot a ball lightning. Detonate it any time with a second press.

Main attack: Shock
Channel Coco's psycho-electric powers through her unfortunate enemies.

Movement: Ollie
Hoverboard jump, with a chance to do a front-flip. Tubular!

Derpl Zork
Background
Riding his combat walker onto the battlefield, comes Derpl Zork. The nephew of Blabl Zork, president of Zork industries, Derpl lacks his uncle's business-smarts. In fact he lacks any kind of smarts: his IQ is even rated under the level of plankton in the official galaxial IQ test. He loves hunting cats, though.

Type
Medium speed, medium ranged, tank.

Skill 1: Grid trap / Nuke
Deploy traps that will ensnare enemies, locking them in place. Nuke in siege mode.

Skill 2: Siege mode
Transform into a static siege mode, enabling deadly weaponry.

Main attack: Cat shot / Gatling fire
Mew enemies into oblivion by shooting explosive holocats. Fast shooting gatling fire in siege mode.

Movement: Jetboost
Derpl's walking desk has a temporary jet boost. Hold [ABT_FACE_BOTTOM] to ascend!

Prestige
There are now 10 levels of prestige, each with its own unique icon.

General fixes

-Many fixes to the leaderboards. Since rankings were very broken before, they have now been reset, while played/wins statistics will remain in place. New rankings numbers will be around 10,000 instead of around 1,000.
-Several network fixes to reduce the number of Network Errors.
-PS3 only: Fixed a rare crash when a Clunk with very low health who is charging his Detonation skill is interrupted and killed by Leon’s tongue. This only happened on PS3 and only on the server when at least one of the two was a bot.
-Sometimes characters would be slowed as if they were still shooting. This has been improved.
-Players now never get a leave penalty when they leave a match that has no human players in the enemy team.
-Many statistics of items have been changed to show the correct value.

Balance fixes

General
-Med-i'-can price: 180 > 150
-Power pills turbo now upgrades into 3 stages each stage provides 30 health
-Power pills now add 30 health and costs no Solar

Leon
-Main attack, chain saw addon damage: 3 > 2
-Main attack, clover of honour combined in one stage.
-Main attack, clover of honour crit chance: 20% > 15%
-Main attack, clover of honour crit damage: 18 > 36
-Main attack, clover of honour crit price: 180 > 270
-Main attack, backstab divided into 2 stages
-Main attack, backstab price per stage: 275 > 180 gold
-Main attack, backstab damage: 8 > 4
-Main attack, damage from chainsaw addon now translates correctly to surprise party mask
-Main attack, electrifier divided into 2 stages
-Main attack, electrifier price per stage: 235 > 160
-Main attack, electrifier slow power: 50% > 15%
-Main attack, electrifier slow time: 1s > 0,4s
-Stealth, clones deal 50% less damage to turrets.
-Stealth, clone max health: 120 > 115
-Stealth, length HP bar of clones now scale simultaneously with the health of Leon
-Tongue pull, damage now also applies to heroes on the way back.
-Tongue pull, spiked piercing upgrade price from 200 to 180, damage from 4 to 3 a piece
-Tongue pull, base damage 15 >12
-Tongue pull, Morning star piercing upgrade damage from 12 to 9.
-Tongue pull, Consume upgrade naar max 80% ipv 100%
-Tongue pull, second range upgrade removed.

Voltar
-Healing wave, healing power: 7 > 6
-Healing wave, twisted nightmares now also increases attack speed: +25 attack speed
-Healbot, turret now has the same range as the heal.
-Healbot, visual of healrange now consistant with actual healrange.
-Healbot, heal from 480hp/min > 400hp/min
-Healbot, energy drink heal per min per stage: 240hp/min > 200hp/min
-Healbot, new upgrade: cortex tank adds a knockback pulse
-Healbot, overheal potion now upgrades healpower
-Healbot, energy drink now upgrades health and cooldown reduction
-Healbot, health pack from health pack surprise no longer heals enemies, does AOE heal, also spawns at low health.
-Drones, drone AI focus less on turrets.
-Drones explode upon death, dealing 10 damage in a 0.12 radius
-Drones, weaponised hull changed to improve drones’ explode upon destruction. Damage: +10; Radius 0.6; Upgrade cost 110 > 210
-Drones, replaced Force fields with blind effect on shot.
-Drones upgrade Hyper drive now just improves attack speed.
-Drone cooldown reduced to 10 secs.
-Drone health 35 > 25
-Main heal, cooldown: 0.8 > 1 (invert heal, cooldown: 0.6 > 0.7)

Clunk
-Medical pump requires Clunk to hit enemies with his bite to increase health.
-Fragmenting shells text changed, the upgrade doesn’t give +5 extra damage.

Froggy G
-Main shot, damage: 5 > 6
-Main shot, attack speed: 143 > 133
-Main shot, Swirling octopus cartridges now only has 1 stage, range: 0,5 > 1
-Mutant Worms: Limited Ninja edition now removes movement speed debuff instead of increase attack speed, price 110
-Tornado, twister tweeters damage: 15 > 20
-Tornado, base damage: 17 > 16
-Tornado, shield from can’t touch this now passes on leftover damage to Froggy himself when the shield is destroyed

Yuri
-Laser, tractor beam amplifier removed and replaced with flyswatter
-Laser, flyswatter added increases laser damage by 1
-Laser, baby yeti now correctly slows for 30%
-Time bubble, bubble duration: 2.5sec > 3sec
-Healing Bubble now cannot heal the Drill Core anymore.

Lonestar
-Hyperbull, bull explosion does actual damage now.
-Hyperbull, techno viking helmet now only upgrades pushdamage of hyper bull.
-Hyperbull, bull charger now upgrades the explosion damage of hyper bull.
-Hyperbull, damage: 20 > 30, damage 2 upgrade eraf.
-Grenade, Dark matter flashbang upgrade cost 145 >110
-Homing missiles, damage against turrets: 100% > 50%
-Homing missiles, price 220 > 275
-Main attack, attack speed upgrades price 185 > 210
-Main attack, damage upgrades price 200 >220

simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

@ Voltar and Leon nerfs.

eek5

The Leon and Voltar nerfs don't look that bad. It mostly looks like they can't solo turrets anymore (which they shouldn't have been able to do in the first place). With so many changes, it'll be hard to see what impact everything has without actually playing with the patch though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/11/new-awesomenauts-update-characters-deploying-soon-on-psn/

So the new characters are going to be free (at least for sure on PSN). Great news. Here's hoping the XBLA version gets the content for free as well.

They keep referring to the new characters as part of "The Patch", so it's very likely they'll be free on both systems. Which is a fantastic deal, really.

Do wonder how that's going to work out. Can the content fit into a generic title update? will there need to be a compatability update download? Guess we'll see..

ZeroCoin

Do wonder how that's going to work out. Can the content fit into a generic title update? will there need to be a compatability update download? Guess we'll see..

Since the size limit has been removed for title updates, I would imagine that we'll simply see a patch roll out that includes all the characters for use rather than simply adding in the assets (to be unlocked by the pay DLC) like these content patches usually do in other games.

Fantastic news!

wDV6x.png

Quickly becoming my favorite multiplayer game this summer.

Edit : Guess I'm late on this one, haha. The patch changes overall seem really fair however I'm a bit worried about the buff to tongue leon given that that was already a really legitimate strategy as is. Oh well. Fear the cat cannon!

Nyx

Had such a great game last night, me (Lonestar) and 2 randoms vs a team of 3 friends (username 01, 02 and 03)

We won after a very tight game, and the adrenaline was flowing richly.

So in love with this game, definitely my GOTY so far, hope support will still be good in the future so I can play this for years.

Alright, so, the patch is due next week for PSN and XBL, and the game is due to be released soon for Steam. However, I actually am part of the Beta on Steam, so I can give you a little preview on that.

So far, the netcoding solution on Steam is great! If you played the game on consoles, when a host disconnected, the game would end, however, on Steam, the session host will get transferred to another player. Which is pretty cool!

The mouse+keyboard control is a bit awkward for me, so I'll probably hook up my gamepad, but it seems to be pretty neat. :)

Also, the patch including the characters are already on the Beta, so I assume that they will be included from the start in the Steam version.

Don't know if I'm allowed to say anything else (contract with the devs and all, since I'm part of their translation team), but I think that's pretty much all I have to say at the moment anyway! If you have any questions, though, feel free to ask, I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge! :)

ZeroCoin

The Awesomenauts GoGoRoboPowerPatch is OUT NOW on XBLA and PSN!!! At long last players will be able to play as Coco Nebulon and Derpl Zork at no extra charge! The patch also introduces several new and redesigned items, improves upon balance, and fixes leaderboard issues. See you online!

Awesomenauts patch is out! Looks like my gaming plans have been altered for the next few weeks.

Patch Trailer

So Gaf, patch seems to have hit a bit early. It's out on US/EU PSN as we speak.

Derpl is an absolute monster and Coco ... isn't. Really I spent a lot of time this morning going over possible builds to make Coco seem like a workable character but she really doesn't seem anywhere near viable. It's a combination of things, her normal attack is nothing short of awful given the range and lack of ability to aim upwards or downwards, the upgrades needing to make it more workable are very expensive and don't do anything to really address its main weaknesses. Her lightning ball skill is very slow and easily avoidable, its only purpose seemingly to tag people hiding behind turrets or Derpl's chilling in siege mode. Her Surfboard is very difficult to utilize as an offensive tool as well since the hitbox is the trail of sparks she leaves behind rather than anything she gets from moving forward. It's one of those situations where to become viable in the slightest you need to invest MUCH more than any other character is required to.

Outside of Coco I'm really loving the patch though, they adjusted the homing ability of lonestars missles so they're far less braindead, Froggy's slight increase to his normal shot damage is a very welcome change that definitely helps out his damage output. Voltar can no longer single handedly tank every turret always ... it's good stuff all and all.

Nyx

Have been spending the most time with Coco lately, she rocks.

At first I felt like she was useless, but after a few games I started noticing her strength, harrassment. :)

The blaze skill is so good, combine it with an upgraded gun, trap opponents inside the blaze by jumping over them, then finish em off with the gun.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I really like the two new characters. I love how fluid Derpl looks when he moves. It's mesmerizing. O__O His turret mode is beastly. And Coco's lightning ball is super powerful as well.

At first I felt like she was useless, but after a few games I started noticing her strength, harrassment. :)

The blaze skill is so good, combine it with an upgraded gun, trap opponents inside the blaze by jumping over them, then finish em off with the gun.

Yusssss. All of the slows, ALL OF THEM!

I really like the two new characters. I love how fluid Derpl looks when he moves. It's mesmerizing. O__O

I love how his eyes dangle.
My favorite thing about him, though, is the secretary interface that speaks for him. :D

Card Boy

Banned
There is a minigame within the Awesomenauts folder called ROFLnauts. It's an 8bit version of the game with up to 4 players.

0cMr1.png

Under

Steam\steamapps\common\Awesomenauts\Data\Rofl

Also PC version is godly. Never touching the console version again.

Pietepiet

There is a minigame within the Awesomenauts folder called ROFLnauts. It's an 8bit version of the game with up to 4 players.

Haha, nice to see people finding this. I did the graphics for that :)
Doesn't really play much like Awesomenauts at all though. It's a very bare-bones Smash Bros. clone :p

This game is amazing. Really hope it catches on here!

Is it possible to tell the matchmaking not to drop you into a game in progress? I'm tired of being sent into games I have no chance of winning.

Nyx

Been playing random yesterday, will definitely do this from now on as I'm enjoying every char!

Still need some practice with Froggy G, Yuri and Derpl, but learning them is a lot of fun already.

The only downside of the game (on the 360) is the fact that it seems only a handful of people are playing this, been fighting the same team over and over.

Card Boy

Banned
What is the population like for this game on PC?

20700 on the Leaderboards after 5 days of release.

It will defiantly overtake the console versions especially with Steam sales and being available on other sites like Gamersgate. Only reason the PS3 version has 71000 on the leader-boards is because of PSN+ which is a inflated number when people stop subscribing.

Card Boy

Banned
How is the co-op in this game. Is this something I can play with my 7 year old nephew? Or too difficult?

Not against experianced players. Hell even the bots are tough as shit and where made smarter with the 1.1 patch. When i have a scrub on my team i wish for them to leave so the bots take over, they are that good. The only issue with the bots is they refuse to jungle and always have a hard on activating the worm on one of the levels. Not sure if it's for 7 year old kids outside the artstyle.

Detox

20700 on the Leaderboards after 5 days of release.

It will defiantly overtake the console versions especially with Steam sales and being available on other sites like Gamersgate. Only reason the PS3 version has 71000 on the leader-boards is because of PSN+ which is a inflated number when people stop subscribing.

I don't doubt that but how many people are actively playing? Steam got the soundtrack in it's top 100 online but not the actual game. I don't want to get the game and then just get matched with the same people over and over again because nobody plays it.

equil

I don't doubt that but how many people are actively playing? Steam got the soundtrack in it's top 100 online but not the actual game. I don't want to get the game and then just get matched with the same people over and over again because nobody plays it.

If everyone thought like you, no one would find a match.

Doopliss

I think that must be a bug. You can't be in-game for some MP3s. I haven't had any problem with getting the same players when I choose not to rematch, although I don't normally try to join another game straight away (I'll browse GAF for a couple of minutes or something).

The game is great, there's no good reason not to get it.

Grakl

This game is really fun; well worth the $10 on Steam. I just wish that the community wasn't so disconnect happy.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
The steam version got an update.

Awesomenauts Patch 1.2 (10/8)

Patch 1.2 said:
Character balance/fixes
- Derpl will no longer be stuck in the jumppads in the middle of Ribbit IV
- Derpl, turretmode bullets range improved, base 7.4 > 7.6, upgrade 2 > 2.4
- Derpl, trap snare duration upgrades changed 0.5 > 0.4, 1 > 0.8
- Derpl, trap cooldown changed 5 > 6
- Coco, ball lightning range upgrade now also increases speed
- Coco, ball lightning blind upgrade buffed, 1.5 > 3 Seconds.
- Coco, Ball lightning damage changed, base 25 > 35, upgrades 15 > 5, upgrade cost 205 > 180
- Coco, Ball lightning cooldown changed, base 7 > 5.5, upgrade -1.5 > -1
- Lonestar, Grenades now always explode on contact after 0.3 Seconds. This is no longer affected by the bounce upgrade
- Clunk, missile string with upgraded attack speed should now be correct
- Clunk, attack speed upgrades fixed (order was incorrect: second tier was weaker than first)
- Droids, improved base health and health increase during gameplay
- Leon, crit upgrade split into two upgrades that add +10 damage each. Critchance remains 15%
- Leon, base attack speed reduced 150 > 136, upgrade cost 195 > 215
- Voltar, healing speed changed 60 > 67
- Voltar, Drone cooldown reduction upgrade fixed
- Voltar, fixed that Healbot knockback on blue team was inverted (pull instead of push)
- Froggy G, Dash cooldown upgrade cost 110 > 120, 180 > 190
- Froggy G, Dash stun upgrade cost 130 > 140
- Froggy G, Shot attack speed upgrade cost 145 > 165
- Froggy G, Shot range upgrade cost 145 > 185
- Yuri, fixed timing inconsistencies with healing bubble

General fixes: major fixes
- Fixed a crash when switching control scheme while a popup is being opened or closed
- Achievement Masters Of The Universe has been fixed
- Fixed that only one wireless Xbox controller was usable at once
- Fixed that non-Xbox controllers that output as XInput were read double, causing one controller to control two splitscreen players (for example Logitech F310)
- Music now mutes when the game window does not have focus (on alt+tab, for example)
- Instead of crashing, game now shows a message if videocard drivers are grossly out of date

General fixes: minor fixes
- Fixed that some network packages were lost before sending. This is probably only a minor networking improvement
- Number of Solar Bosses killed is now tracked in the stats screen
- Hawk Wolf Puma Bear descriptions fixed in Spanish, French
- Fixed that second bottom turret in Ribbit IV could sometimes be attacked from the back without returning fire
- Window now minimizes when browser links in main menu are clicked
- Improved menu controls with some control schemes in some specific places
- Removed “mute” button from scorescreen and controls scheme configuration screen (button didn’t do anything)
- Various other minor fixes to functionality and texts

Topics that didn’t make it into this patch and that we are working on
- New character Gnaw will come soon!
- Some players get excessive lag or too many network errors. Less than 0.1% of players cannot enter an online match at all. We are working on this.
- We are still looking for a fix for some players with various Nvidia cards who can only run on Low graphics quality, or not at all.
- A couple of players with specific Asus laptops cannot start the game at all. We are still looking for a fix for this.
- Some users claim that there are bugs in the Rankings calculations, so we have added additional logging to be able to research that. If you see things like that you win and then see your ranking decrease, then send us a log plus extensive description of what happened, so that we can check what is going on.
- Besides new characters and various fixes, we are working on something Really Cool And New (tm). We will not yet tell you what that is. Muhaha!

Top Bottom