• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco confirms then denies Tales of Vesperia for PS3, now they apologized

kay

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/ir/presentation/pdf/20080509_1.pdf
From the pdf:
tales.jpg

So that's half a million in the US/Japan they are predicting, I guess the PS3 version comes out this year as well.

edit: thanks Kagari, icecream

soc said:
Soul Calibur IV
Afro Samurai
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Dragon Ball ...
Super Robot Wars Z
Tales of Vesperia
Dragon Ball Z
Family Trainer
Taiko: Drum Master
Tales of ...
Naruto ...
Gundam ...

Jammy

Banned
A new Taiko Drum Master is coming out for Wii, too.

:lol :lol :lol They're expecting 500,000 for Vesperia in the U.S.?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Honestly, I'm more content to laugh at what the PSP is getting.
HA!

Firestorm

Cool. My friend's a PS3 only owner and he shall be very happy as he really wanted this.
All those trolls on the Xbox 360 Vesperia board going "WHY ON 360 THEY HATE RPGS ONLY PLAY FPS!!!" will be happy too!

BeeDog

Game looks good, so if this is true then it's awesome (really wanted to try it out).

What happened to the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata btw?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BeeDog said:
Game looks good, so if this is true then it's awesome (really wanted to try it out).

What happened to the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata btw?

Site is still up. My guess is they are still under the MS exclusivity period.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kagari said:
Site is still up. My guess is they are still under the MS exclusivity period.
So they're not allowed to report to their shareholders in a presentation if it's supposed to come out or not yet, but Vesperia is okay?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
icecream said:
So they're not allowed to report to their shareholders in a presentation if it's supposed to come out or not yet, but Vesperia is okay?

/shrug

I'm only speculating here XD

Bebpo

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Honestly, I'm more content to laugh at what the PSP is getting.
HA!

Well none of the systems made out too good. DS & Wii & PS2 each only have 2 games coming.

Probably gonna take forever to come out on PS3, especially in the West like with Eternal Sonata. It's been announced for PS3 god knows when and we won't be playing it anytime soon.

hteng

Banned
its 500k for Japan, America and Asia X360 and PS3 combined, and i'm assuming it is going to be release at the later half of the year

now what really got my interest is super robot wars Z, 500k for japan only holy and its probably coming this year hell yea!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
i guess it's the right thing to do , X360 only especially for a series like Tales was just crazy , PS3 for semi-decent sales in Japan and X360 and PS3 for something in NA and Europe , both worldwide might give Namco some profits .

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hwang Seong-Gyeong said:
Probably gonna take forever to come out on PS3, especially in the West like with Eternal Sonata. It's been announced for PS3 god knows when and we won't be playing it anytime soon.

Or, if they're intelligent, they'll release it at the same time like they ended up doing with Gundam Musou even though that game did also start out as an exclusive in Japan.

Barakov

Well, nice to see the beating around the bush has ended. I'm hoping the next DS installment has more info in the not so distant future.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Hey cool, Afro Samurai platforms. I don't recall those being confirmed, but man these guys have a handle on cel shading for sure between that and the PS3 Naruto game

Teknoman

Now I have to choose which system I want it for...thanks alot Namco.

lol seriously though, now to just see which one has what exclusive feature if any.

I was discussing sales in THIS thread and mentioned how I believed that TOV would be heading to PS3 as well since developers wouldn't want to pass the oppotunity for extra sales up.

And...

Edit
12:06am:

CrushDance said:
We've already seen this with games such as Eternal Sonata(In limbo) and tales of Vesperia which will also be heading to PS3 based on current rumors and comments. Yes the 360 has great sales and developers can live off of it alone, but the growing user bases of the other two are opportunities for them to make more money as well.

They won't pass it up. Take a look at Devil may Cry 4, outsold the 360 everywhere even though the PS3 has a smaller userbase. To be honest the only strong market the 360 has is North America and a decent grip in Europe. You've got to remember that developers want to reach as many audiences as possible.

The number of exclusives and such will only reduce in time as the PS3 and Wii come into their own.

12:37am
kay said:
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/ir/presentation/pdf/20080509_1.pdf
From the pdf:
tales.jpg

So that's half a million in the US/Japan they are predicting, I guess the PS3 version comes out this year as well.

edit: thanks Kagari, icecream

XD I'm a prophet!

Bebpo

Banned
I don't know if this is fiscal halves or not. But if the UP under time represents the first half of 08 fiscal year (april -> october) and DOWN represents 08-09 fiscal year (november -> march) than:

-Vesperia is coming a lot later than expected
-SRW Z is either fall or early 2009 (SRW games seem to be tough to pin down dates. Sprite animation takes forever to make. Hope it makes 2008!)
-Tales DS is around the same time as Vesperia (xmas?)

Also the sales expectations are the most reasonable sales estimates I've ever seen out of Namco. I.am.shocked. I bet they'll hit all of those or exceed enough in some to balance off disappointments in others.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Bebpo said:
Well none of the systems made out too good. DS & Wii & PS2 each only have 2 games coming.
It's just funny that PS2 is getting another Super Robo game and PSP gets random Gundam game #8675309.

Syntek

Projected sales for Soul Calibur IV is 2 million? Hm, I love the series, but 2 million for a fighter is highly improbable in this generation.

soc

Soul Calibur IV
Afro Samurai
Naruto Ultimate Ninja
Dragon Ball ...
Super Robot Wars Z
Tales of Vesperia
Dragon Ball Z
Family Trainer
Taiko: Drum Master
Tales of ...
Naruto ...
Gundam ...

Kagari said:
Holy shit :lol :lol
I think this is serious business, I should make money off of this
wcg70p.gif

icecream said:
Then so must be the dozens of people who said it would come to the PS3 before you.
Nah. I never though it would be coming to PS3 when it was first announced, I hoped it would be, but I wasn't holding my breath. I just find it funny that I used it as an argument and it came true minutes later, that's all!

Top Bottom