• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco confirms then denies Tales of Vesperia for PS3, now they apologized

kay

I just checked.. indeed, they removed it.

NAMCOOOOOOOOOOOOO
i77o5l.gif

kay

Someone edit the title or lock this, this is just cruel :(

Namco knew what they were doing, they must have..

soco

kay said:

they did, someone just saw it and paid for exclusivity ;)

it's probably one of those stupid deals like with Assassin's Creed.

Kagari said:
Typical Namco.
kay said:

So its it not coming then? Because they did the same thing with Eternal Sonata like you guys said...and we haven't heard about that for ages now.

Elios83

kay said:

Edit for what?
It's not like it changes anything.
The team confirmed months ago that there would be a PS3 version eventually.
Today we got the proof, mistakes like that usually happens, in the sense that the financial guy unveils something the marketing guy would like to keep under wraps.

pswii60

icecream said:
They did it with US Eternal Sonata, and now this.

Who are they kidding. :lol
Yeah this is complete deja vu. Although, has Eternal Sonata PS3 been released even in Japan yet? And what about Ace Combat?

kay

Elios83 said:
Edit for what?
It's not like it changes anything.
The team confirmed months ago that there would be a PS3 version eventually.
Today we got the proof, mistakes like that usually happens, in the sense that the financial guy unveils something the marketing guy would like to keep under wraps.
It's cruel that they are playing this game. So... either that there were 2 contracts (ES and this) or they are just pretending they are coming to PS3 for some REALLY EVIL REASON. I doubt they are pretending but still, this is ridiculous.
There's no real news here, "officially"

namco: YOU SAW NOTHING

soco

pswii60 said:
Yeah this is complete deja vu. Although, has Eternal Sonata PS3 been released even in Japan yet? And what about Ace Combat?

Or Katamari for that matter... we had all sorts of leaked reports of other versions of that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kay said:
It's cruel that they are playing this game. So... either that there were 2 contracts (ES and this) or they are just pretending they are coming to PS3 for some REALLY EVIL REASON. I doubt they are pretending but still, this is ridiculous.
There's no real news here, "officially"

namco: YOU SAW NOTHING

Maybe they weren't ready to "announce" anything yet.

johnnyram paid big dollar to keep it on 360 confirmed?

Im not sure why they are bothering releasing ES if its taking this long...from many reports it doesnt seem worth the effort, and it must be alot of effort considering how long its taking

If MS doesnt have exclusivity it makes sense to put on ps3, seeing as they should be porting the engine via ES.

Elios83

Jonnyram said:
They said they were looking into it. They never confirmed it.

They said they wouldn't deny that the game could end up on the PS3 too at TGS.
Which is exactly as much as they could confirm it at the time.

Jonnyram

Elios83 said:
They said they wouldn't deny that the game could end up on the PS3 too at TGS.
Which is exactly as much as they could confirm it at the time.
That still doesn't change the fact that you're lying. It's not confirmed yet, especially now.

namco removed it? i guess the chances of vesperia coming out on ps3 the same time as 360 is zero then.

no reason for me to wait to enjoy the game :)

I think around E3 we may get a true announcement, I don't believe anyone thought this would be hitting at the same time though. Hopefully in the fall along with ES. I like RPG's in fall:D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CrushDance said:
I think around E3 we may get a true announcement, I don't believe anyone thought this would be hitting at the same time though. Hopefully in the fall along with ES. I like RPG's in fall:D

or far more likely at some Japanese event

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Haunted One said:
Afro Samurai is getting a game? :eek:

Hell yea! It looks promising and hopefully can become a big franchise.

nelsonroyale said:
johnnyram paid big dollar to keep it on 360 confirmed?

Im not sure why they are bothering releasing ES if its taking this long...from many reports it doesnt seem worth the effort, and it must be alot of effort considering how long its taking

If MS doesnt have exclusivity it makes sense to put on ps3, seeing as they should be porting the engine via ES.

I would not be shocked if he did.

When Tales of Versperia comes out on PS3 whether in Japan or North America, I am buying it. :D This game is back on my radar.

acm2000

jap devs love the 360 since theyre not forced to be region free, hence the 2d shooter love, and jrpg love, but in this gen, you need games to be multi platform eventually to make worth while profits (or rape-a-ton DLC like idolm@ster :lol )

MarkMacD

grandjedi6 said:
By editing it out they essentially confirmed it

Or they confirmed a typo.

edit: FWIW, from 1UP interview with the team in Feb.:
1UP: Eternal Sonata was originally announced as an Xbox 360 game as well, but now it's coming to the PS3 too. Can we expect the same treatment for Vesperia?

YH: I can't deny the possibility entirely. But right now we're putting everything we have into this project, so it's just not on our minds. Second, we don't know what's going to happen with the PS3 market. For comparison, Symphonia was ported from GC to PS2. At the time, I was saying it wasn't going to happen. And in fact, it wasn't a perfect recreation. This time around, with the PS3, it's technically possible but the business side of things is different. Right now we're not thinking about it at all.

:shrug:

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
acm2000 said:
jap devs love the 360 since theyre not forced to be region free, hence the 2d shooter love, and jrpg love, but in this gen, you need games to be multi platform eventually to make worth while profits (or rape-a-ton DLC like idolm@ster :lol )

Forced to be region free?

MarkMacD said:
Or they confirmed a typo.

Probably not, since Namco had done it before and was caught. If anything this could prove the game is timed exclusive.

batbeg

If it is coming later then that means it'll probably get additional content like Eternal Sonata, so I'm not too worried about that.

I may just import this next Tales so I can finally play one -.-

batbeg

Magicpaint said:
But there are two excellent ones on GC and PS2. In English. :D

I mean one that I haven't played. I've got three of the English Tales (no Legendia yet), as well as Radiant Mythology.

I'm sick of Scamco :(

OMG YES!!! :D

Error said:
Wouldn't surprise me if it's Team Destiny new Tales game.

I've been thinking this all along, they haven't made a NEW game since Rebirth and that was 4 years ago. This is probably going to be a new game of theirs.

If it's not a World game, the DS game is probably Tales of the Genesis.

Chris Michael said:
I've been thinking this all along, they haven't made a NEW game since Rebirth and that was 4 years ago. This is probably going to be a new game of theirs.
That'd be pretty cool. Hopefully 2D and amazing like Rebirth - though I'm still leaning more towards a TotW game or a spin-off, mainly because Team Destiny have still been busy regardless of Rebirth being their last 'new' game...

batbeg said:
I mean one that I haven't played. I've got three of the English Tales (no Legendia yet), as well as Radiant Mythology.

I'm sick of Scamco :(
Oh yeah, well that does suck. Though you can still import Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth for PSP since that's region free. Their battle systems are not to be missed out on (especially Rebirth).

batbeg

Magicpaint said:
Oh yeah, well that does suck. Though you can still import Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Rebirth for PSP since that's region free. Their battle systems are not to be missed out on (especially Rebirth).

Yeah, I've been considering it for a while. I hate the idea of playing a game in a language I don't understand, but Namco are just absolutely awful about this series :(

I can always hope for their next DS game to come to the West though :lol

Nolan.

icecream said:
They did it with US Eternal Sonata, and now this.

Who are they kidding. :lol

And ES still hasn't come out I was just going to say well i'll just wait for it on the ps3 since they always seem to add stuff. Though I thought that about Eternal sonata and they still haven't released it. Anyway I guess it's a glimmer of hope.

Top Bottom