• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco confirms then denies Tales of Vesperia for PS3, now they apologized

jarrod

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
That's roght, I got it mixed up sorry.

I found out that 5 sold over a million in NA alone, but there are no sales records for Zero, no that I know of.

Still 700k is really nice.
AC0 shipped 440k it's first year, so AC6 is definitely performing better so far. Not sure about ACX, but I'd guess it shipped even less honestly, the game basically tanked everywhere.

700k also makes AC6 Namco's best selling nextgen game so far, right?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
wrowa said:
Wait. So Namco expects ToS: Dawn of the New World to sell under 400k?

Is it really a shock? It makes sense that they would expect a spinoff to sell less than a mainline game.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
wrowa said:
Wait. So Namco expects ToS: Dawn of the New World to sell under 400k?

Yeah I find that extremely hard to believe..maybe since it's coming out so soon in Japan they didn't include it?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Hcoregamer00 said:
Is it really a shock? It makes sense that they would expect a spinoff to sell less than a mainline game.

Well between Japan and N.A I would absolutely be shocked given the Symphonia name in N.A

Jtyettis said:
:lol

Wow, I wonder how much MS has paid Namco for these exclusivity windows this gen.

oh man you're so fucking funny!! Because , like, that's the only solution, of course. They had to pay them.

FrankT

FateBreaker said:
oh man you're so fucking funny!! Because , like, that's the only solution, of course. They had to pay them.

No, in fact they didn't have to pay them a dime. However, with AC6, ES and Vesperia there have all been at the very least it would seem a timed window to them. Why do you think they changed this info? Why do you think they made the ESRB change the info on their site for ES? Maybe it is just a strategy they are taking this gen and maybe MS paid them nothing, but it doesn't seem all that unlikely either because MS has paid for 3rd party timed windows at least a few times this gen as well. No, it certainly isn't the only solution.

jarrod

Banned
I doubt Microsoft "paid" anything, this isn't GTA4 DLC... I expect some nice royalty cuts probably, but Microsoft likely didn't need to go out of their way to secure the windows.

In Katamari's case, NOW even said it was because they couldn't handle mutiformat R&D and still make their target date... things just got rolling on 360 earlier, simple as that.

evilone

EA Employee
I still don't understand why there isn't a PS3 port yet. This is the best way to kill off your million plus fan base. I would be happy even if they made a PS2 version. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pai Pai Master said:
Damn, you beat me.

Also, where. the. fuck. is. tekken. 6. PS3.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, actually on some sort of topic, one thing (aside from PS3 lulz) that seems to be confirmed is no Vesperia for EU, at least this year, I FUCKING HATE YOU NAMCO! :(

LowParry

Pai Pai Master said:
Damn, you beat me.

Also, where. the. fuck. is. tekken. 6. PS3.

I'm gonna say 2009 US release. Unles they put it out in JA first this year, then it's import mania for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
I'm gonna say 2009 US release. Unles they put it out in JA first this year, then it's import mania for me.
It's pretty sad that I'm going to buy both japanese and american Tekken 6, unless they get released the same month :/

LowParry

Seiken said:
It's pretty sad that I'm going to buy both japanese and american Tekken 6, unless they get released the same month :/

Haha. I'll be doing it with Final Fantasy IV DS. Played through the import entirely, and now waiting for July to roll in for the US version. Concidering this will be my...eh...10th FFIV purchase? SE has whored me out good with that game.

Top Bottom