• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco confirms then denies Tales of Vesperia for PS3, now they apologized

SolidSnakex said:
Anyone who expected all those games to be out this year should've been knocked over the head.

Come on, we all saw the lists. Many delusional PS3 fans (the ones who were talking up the meme) had all of those games on the list.

I agree with you however, but that doesn't change the fact that all of those games fed into the "Year of the PS3" nonsense.

gregor7777 said:
Come on, we all saw the lists. Many delusional PS3 fans (the ones who were talking up the meme) had all of those games on the list.

I agree with you however, but that doesn't change the fact that all of those games fed into the "Year of the PS3" nonsense.

Many of those games never were on the "Year of the PS3" lists. The PS3's lineup this year still looks fantastic even if something like KZ2 was bumped back by a few months, but if you and certain others in this thread want to try and downplay it by listing games that most people never thought were going to come out this year then go right ahead.

LowParry

Yes, Tekken 6 has a speculated date of Holidays 2008 but nothing has been announced or even talked about it. It's all just arcades (which the US lacks. Seriously).

Jonnyram

dark10x said:
If that's the case then I apologize, it's just the smiley faces and whatnot seem to suggest that you were thrilled to see that this was simply a mistake.
I'm not the only one laughing. Maybe it's because I'm at the top of the page or something, but the way things played out were quite funny.

Brofist

Jonnyram said:
I'm not the only one laughing. Maybe it's because I'm at the top of the page or something, but the way things played out were quite funny.

I don't think things would have played out quite so funny to you if it were the 360 version deleted ;)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jonnyram said:
Actually, that's precisely the reason. :p I read the first page, the top of the second then skipped to the end. Forgive me.

The PS3 pretty much receives nothing but shit these days. It's a very hated system so you can see how I might draw such an assumption. The 360 is riding high (everyone loves it), the Wii is mega popular with everyone else, and the PS3 is, well, virtually dead.

CcrooK said:
No Tekken 6 on that list? Guess it's coming out next year. :(

you are actually right, i remember peeps complaining about this a while ago as well. it sucks, but it gives you more time to hone your skills in Tekken 5DR.

so the titles for ps3 speculation still remain as:
ES
my katamari
Tales

i'm a little annoyed a how long ES is taking to be released. they showed all that extra footage on the new characters and then just stopped. wth\

dark10x said:
and the PS3 is, well, virtually dead.

lol don't you think you are being way over dramatic.

iceatcs

gregor7777 said:

The problem is "Year of the PS3" wasn't from the fans idea I believe. The media starting it.
Example if you go to msnbc, You can find "Year of the PS3" and there is a list of 2008 game but there don't have like Resident Evil 5, WKS, eight days, Getaway or Infamous on it.

Delusional people will make the list OTT.

justjohn

Jonnyram said:
stop acting like you're not getting some peverse pleasure from seeing the ps3 version deleted. you're not fooling anyone.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Red Blaster said:
So what is it? Is it something actually important or is it retarded fanboy cockamamie bullshit.
Mis-information initially suggested that MGO was rendered at "655p".

batbeg

Red Blaster said:
What the fuck is 655p.

Disappointment of the year. Haven't you heard them rioting in the streets?

(Seriously, I imagine like 2% of MGO players will ever know about the fact it isn't natively 720p)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
batbeg said:
Disappointment of the year. Haven't you heard them rioting in the streets?

(Seriously, I imagine like 2% of MGO players will ever know about the fact it isn't natively 720p)
2% of MGO players are GAF users?

I didn't know that.

harSon said:
Ace Combat 6 was their second highest selling game of last year :lol I believe they said it sold ~700,000
Not bad, still lower than Unsung War. So did they make profit on those games or not? Google doesn't help much, and I'm trying to figure out how the exclusivity deal is working out for them as a company.

Unsung War is Ace Combat 5, and Ace Combat 6 should've sold zero copies. 30 fps, shitty multiplayer, dance with the angels garbage.

Kagari said:
Maybe they weren't ready to "announce" anything yet.

This is the way it usually is, and no matter how many times we see this play out trolls and asshats will flock to the thread to laugh and say "lolz ps3 is dead lolz" and then it does get announced and they are silent and wait for the next time.

ZeroTolerance

justjohn said:
mgs4
killzone 2
dmc4
resident evil 5
ffxiii
white knight stories
eight days
the getaway
infamous
gran turismo 5

gta iv
tekken 6
yakuza 3
little big planet
motorstorm 2
resistance 2

all delayed.

The only thing right about this list is KZ2 and Infamous, the rest are just what you wish were but aren't.

harSon

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
This is the way it usually is, and no matter how many times we see this play out trolls and asshats will flock to the thread to laugh and say "lolz ps3 is dead lolz" and then it does get announced and they are silent and wait for the next time.

People have been saying it would be multiplatform/timed exclusive since the game was confirmed for the 360...

harSon said:
People have been saying it would be multiplatform/timed exclusive since the game was confirmed for the 360...

Why are you doing this to yourself?

The correct response to an OokieSpookie post is to simply nod your head and walk away.

harSon said:
The Unsung War is five, zero is The Belkan War :p
That's roght, I got it mixed up sorry.

I found out that 5 sold over a million in NA alone, but there are no sales records for Zero, no that I know of.

Still 700k is really nice.

Luckyman said:
Because Infamous or WKS was not at SCEE event does not confirm they are delayed.

Wait, you're not saying you expect it in 2008 are you?

Because from the many posts above yours we would be led to believe that you do not exist.

Well I see this thread has gone straight to system warz. We all know Vesperia will definately make it to PS3 at some point, I think we can at least take that away from this Namco slip up. I have no idea why we are all arguing about 2008 console lineups in here though.

harSon said:

even thought this is true, when the game is officially announced for ps3 there will be much lol'ing about the loss of another exclusive.

Diablos said:
Hopefully Vesperia will be better than Abyss...

that would be quite the feat considering how fuck awesome tota is.

DevilWillcry said:
Well I see this thread has gone straight to system warz. We all know Vesperia will definately make it to PS3 at some point, I think we can at least take that away from this Namco slip up. I have no idea why we are all arguing about 2008 console lineups in here though.

Agreed, I cannot imagine a circumstance where ToV doesn't get released in some form on the PS3. Even if it is only in JP.

No really let's go back to those list warz. Cause right now in TOTA I'm in this dungeon where I have to collect jewels from ghosts and to be honest it's making me hate life something fierce.

And I just know I'll be rewarded with more cutscenes of Luke beating up his furry friend.

stotch

Banned
DevilWillcry said:

OokieSpookie has an explanation:

OokieSpookie said:
This is the way it usually is, and no matter how many times we see this play out trolls and asshats will flock to the thread to laugh and say "lolz ps3 360 is dead lolz" and then it does doesn't get announced and they are silent and wait for the next time.

Paracelsus

duckroll said:
There will?

Nope, because it was a given. It's like trying to hide an M60 under a tight leather jacket while walking into a plaza crowded of people looking at you.

Even more lulz there would be if no US PS3 release was announced, instead.

And, in that list I see NO PAL release -at least into 2008- and seeing as both US and Asia Namco releases are ALL region locked, we PAL users are pretty much screwed.

I'm seriously considering to get an US X360, when I get rid of this PAL one I have. -_-

mintylurb

bishoptl said:
System wars cleanup forthcoming.
console warriors..rip

onidec.gif

Heh what has Namco released on the PS3 as of today? Ridge Racer and Time Crisis? Eternal Sonata has been delayed forever and so has Tekken 6....Namco hates me

Top Bottom