• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City Review Thread

Amir0x said:
This is a review thread we're discussing reviews. There's an Arkham City official thread if you dont want to discuss the reviews though ;)

moop2000, you haven't given me something yet to go on the offense against. You're only wasting space with all your posts like always, so it'd be like swinging at empty air. I am merely giving you advice and you're just taking the advice so poorly.

It causes me great pain to watch you convulse so violently as you attempt in vain to hit a target you don't even see :(

You're fucking advice is degrading and worthless so sorry if I get offended by you and your fucking stupid posts.

elrechazao said:
I dunno. If you had asked me what the formula for a good batman game was before arkham asylum I'd have said that's impossible too :)

I know, that's why when I made Arkham Asylum my GotY I had to think hard about it. I wasn't sure if I'd like that formula for an unknown license. I actually probably wouldn't have been so gung-ho about it but they figured out what to do about a Batman game. Th scary part will be the fumbling steps they make while trying to repeat the success of this series by using the same formula for other licenses that should be reworked from the ground up and based on their story elements and abilities.

XeroSauce

cnizzle06 said:
Hey guys, Im super excited to play...*looks around*

Oh, never mind.

-high five-

I am all over the hype. I'm dressing as Batman for Halloween and I just might put the costume on for the first night with AC.

Amir0x

Banned
butter_stick said:
The one that didn't beat Ocarina of Time's 15 year old perfect score.

see butter_stick is paying attention. If you disagree that's OK too, I just thought it was an interesting subject!

moop2000 said:
You're fucking advice is degrading and worthless so sorry if I get offended by you and your fucking stupid posts.

degrading? Jesus moop2000 I didn't know my advice made you feel that way. I guess in the future I will let you continue not contributing in a meaningful fashion if it's going to hurt your feelings. I just wanted to steer the conversation so that you were attacking the content of the position you disagreed with instead of the poster.

It's only a gaming discussion moop2000, you shouldn't take these things so seriously.

Zomba13

Amir0x said:
The review aggregate (95, I think) being utilized to discuss if Arkham City has aimed too low when compared to previous games that came out 15 years ago or more. Did Rocksteady put enough effort into the product? Should it be a 98 or a 99 aggregate? Is Ocarina of Time so overrated that I should cut Rocksteady some slack here?
If you really want to compare Arkham City to OoT then I think you should compare it to OOT3D as that came out much more recently and judged by modern standards.

Amir0x

Banned
Zomba13 said:
If you really want to compare Arkham City to OoT then I think you should compare it to OOT3D as that came out much more recently and judged by modern standards.

That's a good poi...

...ok it's time for me to sleep. You know I'm always ragging on people who complain about game review scores and I think all reviewers are worthless, and I also know Arkham City is amazing, have played it extensively and love it so much I went to the NYCC Panel about it this morning.

*sniff* I thought GAF knew me better than that (some of you did though, glad to see it). 98.644 vs. 96.321 not being acceptable? Come on!

I am as excited for Arkham City as one can possibly be!

Good night guys. Some of you (moop2000, *cough*) take this gaming discussion shit waaaaaay too seriously! ;)

cnizzle06

Banned
Amir0x said:
The review aggregate (95, I think) being utilized to discuss if Arkham City has aimed too low when compared to previous games that came out 15 years ago or more. Did Rocksteady put enough effort into the product? Should it be a 98 or a 99 aggregate? Is Ocarina of Time so overrated that I should cut Rocksteady some slack here?
Eh, different time period, different expectations, different 'bar'.

Amir0x

Banned
moop2000 said:
If you can't understand that this flippant, piece of shit comment, is fucking degrading then there is no more need to talk about it.

come on moop2000, all kidding aside, you realize I wasn't actually insulting you? I was doing the old sarcastic "how would your mothers think about what you did" condescending joke voice thing, in a joke defense of my completely sarcastic (and outrageous) position that no sensible or sane person could think.

Arkham City not having enough effort put into it because it "only" got a 95 aggregate instead of a 92 like Arkham Asylum or because it didn't outscore Ocarina of Time? Come on moop. Come on :p

I couldn't let it go once you started flipping out that's why I let it go on for a half page more. I couldn't stop laughing ;P

Amir0x said:
come on moop2000, all kidding aside, you realize I wasn't actually insulting you? I was doing the old sarcastic "how would your mothers think about what you did" condescending joke voice thing, in a joke defense of my completely sarcastic (and outrageous) position that no sensible or sane person could think.

Arkham City not having enough effort put into it because it "only" got a 95 aggregate instead of a 92 like Arkham Asylum or because it didn't outscore Ocarina of Time? Come on moop. Come on :p

I couldn't let it go once you started flipping out that's why I let it go on for a half page more. I couldn't stop laughing ;P

I didn't give a fuck about your trolling, man, or attempt at humor. I was commenting on something entirely different. Your backing out of your bullshit now, which makes sense cuz you look like a turd. Have a great night.

Amir0x said:

Thanks for shitting the thread up with your admitted trolling for these last pages, it really made things awesome to read.
Feep said:
"HAHAHA GUYZ I WAS TROLLING THE WHOLE TIME"

Blacklisted.
Seriously

elrechazao said:
Thanks for shitting the thread up with your admitted trolling for these last pages, it really made things awesome to read.

The funny thing is, he banned people for that same trolling shit in the past. (myself included)

cnizzle06

Banned
I'm gonna assume you're either drunk or testing your imperviousness as a non-mod.

In either case, altering your stance/claims...feels so familiar :p

Amir0x

Banned
moop2000 said:
I didn't give a fuck about your trolling, man, or attempt at humor. I was commenting on something entirely different. Your backing out of your bullshit now, which makes sense cuz you look like a turd. Have a great night.

You weren't commenting on something different at all. You were flipping out because you misread a joke comment based on a sarcastic argument I was making, which was just overt commentary on how amazing the game is doing with the reviews. ANYONE who knows me knows exactly how absurd what I was saying was, considering how fucking over the top hyped I am for Arkham City. I literally went to the Arkham City panel this morning because I am so hyped for it.

Once you started with the ol' beat your mom gag again - because you've done it before and it's always the same amount funny - it just became hard to stop it because it was so fun to see you meltdown :p

If ya'll take it so seriously you want to "blacklist" me, be my guest. It's game discussion, you guys aren't my friends or anything so it obviously doesn't mean anything to me. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be talking to me anyway. I always have fun.

moop2000 said:
The funny thing is, he banned people for that same trolling shit in the past. (myself included)
Maybe he'll go back to the last 20 posts and edit them all. Wait, that would be crazy for someone to do that....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
moop2000 said:
You've handled the exchange terribly. Like a damn child. You should be ashamed of yourself. But good job trying to be internet bully, as if it works.

elrechazao said:
Maybe he'll go back to the last 20 posts and edit them all. Wait, that would be crazy for someone to do that....
If all else fails, personal attacks right? Grow up people.

All I've read is, "oh troll" "it's just Amir0x bring himself". Yeah, that's certainly good back and forth. And then come the insults. At least be concise and exhibit adult behavior around here, damn.

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
You've handled the exchange terribly. Like a damn child. You should be ashamed of yourself. But good job trying to be internet bully, as if it works.

It's funny because of how SERIOUS they are taking it. It's literally a review thread to discuss how amazing the review scores are at this point, so I took the opportunity to make a joke about it not being high enough. I let it keep running once the insults started flowing, because then it became too funny to see these people flip out over videogame review discussion to the point where they literally went personal. It became hilarious at that point, and you know I can't stop a good joke.

It really is nothing more serious than that. Ya'll need to lighten up and relax a little, christ. Do you guys always go through life so fucking uptight? :p

LiquidMetal14 said:

If all else fails, personal attacks right? Grow up people.

All I've read is, "oh troll" "it's just Amir0x bring himself". Yeah, that's certainly good back and forth. And then come the insults. At least be concise and adult like around here, damn.

Yes, how dare we bring up Amirox's shitty forum participating before. I'm as ashamed as Amirox was when he beat his mother.

Amir0x

Banned
moop2000 said:
Yes, how dare we bring up Amirox's shitty forum participating before. I'm as ashamed as Amirox was when he beat his mother.

hahahaha he's still going. he still thinks this is somehow insulting to me lol

come on now you're pulling my leg with this shit right

Jintor

Amir0x said:
If ya'll take it so seriously you want to "blacklist" me, be my guest. It's game discussion, you guys aren't my friends or anything so it obviously doesn't mean anything to me. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't be talking to me anyway. I always have fun.

I just feel bad for Feep, really.

LiquidMetal14 said:
All I've read is, "oh troll" "it's just Amir0x bring himself". Yeah, that's certainly good back and forth. And then come the insults. At least be concise and adults around here, damn.
Did you read the thread? Particularly the part where he said "lol I wuz trollin u mad" after pages full of nonsense posts?

Thanks for the reminder that I need to ignore him though, it will make the thread on topic and readable again.

Amir0x

Banned
Jintor said:
I just feel bad for Feep, really.

Feep is a good guy, i really didn't mean for Feep to get dragged into it I must admit. The target was moop for sure once he staggered into the insults (I was going to stop it before that point), I thought most other people know me well enough to know how I feel about Arkham City :p

LiquidMetal14

moop2000 said:
Joke or not, how is a personal attack not ban worthy?

Now, about your counter to his Batman statements??

It seems like every thread Amir0x posts in turns to shit. I have taken this revelation to heart and he has become the first ignored poster in my list.

But yeah, Batman AC looking pretty alright!

Edit: Best in class combat remark from Giant Bomb is a definite joke though.

elrechazao said:
Did you read the thread? Particularly the part where he said "lol I wuz trollin u mad" after pages full of nonsense posts?

Thanks for the reminder that I need to ignore him though, it will make the thread on topic and readable again.

Yeah, he and Liquid, who brought shit to this thread as well get the treatment.

LiquidMetal14

moop2000 said:
Yeah, he and Liquid, who brought shit to this thread as well get the treatment.
Look how I'm behaving and how you are? But ignore me, not that I care. Life's too short to be bitter like you.

Mind you I'm commenting on how one poster (like ami) makes concise and thorough arguments in a discussion while others either insult or go passive aggressive on here. Are some of you like this in person? Settle down and grow up please. I should throw in a swear word to fit in lol

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Joke or not, how is a personal attack not ban worthy?

Now, about your counter to his Batman statements??

Just let it go LiquidMetal14, these people are too uptight right now. They're the type that announce they're putting people on ignore, as if their conversation is some A-list celebrity privilege that one must mourn the loss of. Oh no, not ignoooore!

Anyway, fuck I can't wait for Arkham Asylum. One thing I did want to know though... is the PS3 version really scoring better than the 360 version or was that just a hypothetical? Is there some differences between the version?

NiY14.jpg

cnizzle06

Banned
MTMBStudios said:
It seems like every thread Amir0x posts in turns to shit. I have taken this revelation to heart and he has become the first ignored poster in my list.

You're not his friend!
He don't care!

In fact, he is a swell, level-headed guy that never takes life too seriously!

And there is not a single post in his history that would suggest differently!

MTMBStudios said:

I should have realized this but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt especially after his fucking pathetic fail this summer. Oh well, I know better now.

I wish I could find a store around here that would sell it early. I've tried in the past but never have been able to. Can;t wait for Tuesday.

LiquidMetal14

cnizzle06 said:
You're not his friend!
He don't care!

In fact, he is a swell, level-headed guy that never takes life too seriously!

And there is not a single post in his history that would suggest differently!
I've spoken to him and it's true. He is a blue collar hard worker. You want to take me to count on that?

That's the last thing I will say on the matter.

This Batman game, I'm hyped as hell, let's just look forward to it AND late on PC fml

Amir0x said:
Just let it go LiquidMetal14, these people are too uptight right now. They're the type that announce they're putting people on ignore, as if their conversation is some A-list celebrity privilege that one must mourn the loss of. Oh no, not ignoooore!

Anyway, fuck I can't wait for Arkham Asylum. One thing I did want to know though... is the PS3 version really scoring better than the 360 version or was that just a hypothetical? Is there some differences between the version?

Pretty sure its just because more PS3 only mags have reviewed it. And by more, I mean like, two.

Yagharek

It doesnt matter if amirox was trolling or being completely serious. I initially thought he was being serious at first glance. I see now I was wrong.

Now when most people troll blatantly, they rightfully get called on it. That's fair - call them a fool or whatever and move on. Or laugh at the joke if you have a sense of humour and its tongue in cheek, as in this case.

But moop has gone above and beyond what is reasonable, and for the sake of simple decency, should probably pull his head in.

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I've spoken to him and it's true. He is a blue collar hard worker. You want to take me to count on that?

That's the last thing I will say on the matter.

This Batman game, I'm hyped as hell, let's just look forward to it AND late on PC fml

I can't wait for the PC version. I want to be able to take advantage of it, but I just can't wait. I'm going collector's edition on 360 (since Unreal games tend to work better there it seems) and then later I'll get the PC version on a sale.

piratepwnsninja said:
Pretty sure its just because more PS3 only mags have reviewed it. And by more, I mean like, two.

Ah, that makes sense. I know the Gamestop guy was trying to tell me the PS3 version was the one to get but he had no reason why, as they never do :p

cnizzle06

Banned
I kind of resent the amount of DLC costumes that they're offering. It almost makes me want to wait for a GOTY version.

Almost.

LiquidMetal14

piratepwnsninja said:
Are any of these mags/review pubs taking the PC version into account or will that get it's own day in court?

I definitely don't want to buy it twice so I'm definitely being patient waiting for the PC to hit.

Jintor

LiquidMetal14 said:
Are any of these mags/review pubs taking the PC version into account or will that get it's own day in court?

You will probably have to wait for PC-only mags. I don't think anybody has PC review code yet.

cnizzle06 said:
I kind of resent the amount of DLC costumes that they're offering. It almost makes me want to wait for a GOTY version.

Almost.

I got confused over this and never really recovered. I want that Batman Animated Series one but didn't put the effort into trying to get it.

Missed out on getting the B:TAS preorder bonus and instead I'm getting the 1970's Batman. Are they going to be sold individually or as a pack?

Amir0x

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:

I definitely don't want to buy it twice so I'm definitely being patient waiting for the PC to hit.

Man you are a better man than I am.

I saw the launch trailer during the Arkham City panel this morning and it blew me the fuck away. After that it was confirmed, no way I can wait.

cnizzle06 said:

Almost.

The DLC Costumes don't offer special abilities do they? It's just a skin basically?

they'll have a pack with all of them for probably like 1200 ms points or something down the line... the one I wanted is the Animated Series one so that's why I went to Gamestop against my better judgment.

Astrosanity said:
Missed out on getting the B:TAS preorder bonus and instead I'm getting the 1970's Batman. Are they going to be sold individually or as a pack?

What was the deal to get the Animated Series one? I bet that code will sell gangbusters on the secondary market. I want to see it in action too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Amir0x said:
Man you are a better man than I am.

I saw the launch trailer during the Arkham City panel this morning and it blew me the fuck away. After that it was confirmed, no way I can wait.

Pssh, I'd rather wait for the real deal. 60FPS/1080P/DX11/Physx...you can't get that shit anywhere else.

Amir0x

Banned
Snuggler said:
Pssh, I'd rather wait for the real deal. 60FPS/1080P/DX11/Physx...you can't get that shit anywhere else.

I know I know. Trust me I know. My PC is a beast too. But I will play it again then. I just need this game in my life. I am almost going to be done with Dark Souls so it's perfect timing too...

cnizzle06 said:
I'll probably just upgrade my PS3 if I feel the graphics are superior on the PC version.

hahaha

did that guy ever try to prove it?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Amir0x said:
I know I know. Trust me I know. My PC is a beast too. But I will play it again then. I just need this game in my life. I am almost going to be done with Dark Souls so it's perfect timing too...

...and here I thought you were all about high standards. How disappointing.

Astrosanity said:

Crap, didn't think of that. It'll probably be a pack of all of them for $20. Perfect.

Hopefully the Wii U version will have them all on there.

Top Bottom