• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

Mrfb17

Neo Member
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The visuals aren't doing much for me. I mean, they're alright, but it doesn't appear to be much of a leap over the previous Batman games.

http://www.chip.in/images/content_images/jan_2012/Batman-4.jpg[img]

[img]http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/images/hubs/arkhamknight/hub-bg_aknight-v0.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Rocksteady and Warner mention in the article that they decided Origins should be made because three years was a very long time for Batman fans to have to wait for a new game, so in case you're worried about not getting more major Batman and/or Arkham-like games coming, Warner Montreal will probably keep making them.

I made a separate thread about this here since it's not related to Arkham Knight itself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779183

Batman looks good (in most shots), although still bloated., and batmobile looks good. Everything else...not so much...

Rocksteady and Warner mention in the article that they decided Origins should be made because three years was a very long time for Batman fans to have to wait for a new game, so in case you're worried about not getting more major Batman and/or Arkham-like games coming, Warner Montreal will probably keep making them.

I made a separate thread about this here since it's not related to Arkham Knight itself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779183

that doesn't even make sense to me. The waiting would build up hype even more.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One of the generic thugs has Americana themed clothing, like a confederate flag singlet under a stars and stripes leather jacket. Is that indicative of any particular villain?

Mortemis

Banned
My god, that trailer. O_O Origins got rid of any batman hype but this, this just raised the hype to the next level. I'm hyping the shit out of this.

Nice that we're starting to see what games are coming around the end of the year, hopefully more current-gen only games like this.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

While that may be true, a new Arkham game riding off of the success of Arkham City (which was a really successful game) was most likely worth more to WB than any hype building for the next Rocksteady Batman game which is sure to not only sell well, but review well.

New info sounds good. I wish they were working on something else, but I'm sure this will be great. I might get a PS4 this holiday if there are a few more must have titles for it at that point.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Batman looks good (in most shots), although still bloated., and batmobile looks good. Everything else...not so much...

Warner generally runs Batman with trying to put out as much content as possible.

Given it's worked keeping him around since the 1930's they probably have something suggesting that frequent brand interactions keep people more engaged than not.

Given how well most annual franchises sell, this doesn't seem overly illogical to me even if it does go against the grain of the traditional gaming mindset.

jett

D-Member
Pretty damn outstanding character models for the main cast. Great environment lighting too. Looks legitimately "next gen" in my opinion.

I wonder if you're looking at some shitty low-res screenshots that obfuscate the real visual quality, because nothing about the screenshot in the OP looks legitimately next-gen.

Vire

Don't think this was posted in the OP, but I found this pretty cool.

The Batmobile can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.

viveks86

I wonder if you're looking at some shitty low-res screenshots that obfuscate the real visual quality, because nothing about the screenshot in the OP looks legitimately next-gen.

Quite sure he isn't referring to the screenshot in the OP

That screenshot in the original post is the worst screenshot of the bunch, the game looks beautiful in the others especially for an open world game. The character models are top notch, with Two Face and Riddler looking amazing and Batman model in the rain looks so damn good. Also the lighting looks great and the batmobile, the environments aren't the prettiest though, but definitely a few steps above what we have now in open world games.

Spiegel

The magazine has plenty of screens. They all look a lot better than the one in the OP

Phil4000

Just skimmed through the magazine, the visuals for Arkham Knight look insane, almost approaching Samaritan level visuals! :)
No way is it going to look like this on the Xbox One lol

The detail (textures) in these shots are some of the best I have seen.
Nvidia Physx support is also confirmed with APEX cloth physics on the cape that will reach to the weather and movement...

Alxjn

Just a friendly reminder what they looked like in Arkham City...

Riddler Arkham City

Two Face Arkham City

Based on the magazine screenshots, both models look significantly improved to me, but what do I know.

Okay, on second thought, you're right, there is a noticeable improvement. My memory failed me.

edit: I still think the visuals are closer to what I'd expect from a cross-gen title, not a next gen title. Hopefully we'll see what it's looks like in motion soon.

I just paid for the Game Informer...

The game looks vastly improved than City (visually). Character models saw a big bump while buildings and landscape saw a moderate improvement. Factor in crazy rain and lighting effects, as well as the city's size (with no loading), and this game is looking very impressive.

Vibranium

Banned
No multiplayer, awesomesauce! Everything is sounding fantastic, hopefully the Batmobile handles better than GTA cars haha. And a brand-new villain?! I'm super pumped.

And people get their wish, Rocksteady is done after this game (the franchise will continue because WB needs money, but that's ok because you can jump off after Knight). Hopefully we see them do either new superhero games or something else.

Warner Bros is starting to put out alot of good games. Batman: AK, new LOTR, and the next Netherrealms game all look very promising. I'm glad to see someone besides Take Two, EA, Activision and Ubisoft get my gaming dollars. More compeition amongst publishers is good.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks SO GOOD. I haven't played an Arkham game since Asylum. Excited to jump (and glide) back in.

Carbonox

Don't think this was posted in the OP, but I found this pretty cool.

The Batmobile can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.

mate

maaaaaate

such simple things make a big difference to the feels. THE FEELS.

lord pls knight bebop and rocksteady

shield

Just in case it hasn't already been posted, the confirmed returning voice actors according to Game Informer are Kevin Conroy (Batman), Nolan North (Penguin), Wally Wingert (Riddler), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn) and Troy Baker (Two-Face).

After watching the trailer, it sounds like Scarecrow has a new voice.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The fact this game is not cross-gen and focusing on ps4 and xbone makes me excite. I still have Batman fatigue but hopefully the graphics makes up for that.

Vibranium

Banned
Just in case it hasn't already been posted, the confirmed returning voice actors according to Game Informer are Kevin Conroy (Batman), Nolan North (Penguin), Wally Wingert (Riddler), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn) and Troy Baker (Two-Face).

After watching the trailer, it sounds like Scarecrow has a new voice.

Scarecrow having a new VA shouldn't be a big deal as long as he's still creepy, I'm just happy Wally Fucking Wingert is back as The Riddler. He IS Edward Nigma to me.

No multiplayer, awesomesauce! Everything is sounding fantastic, hopefully the Batmobile handles better than GTA cars haha. And a brand-new villain?! I'm super pumped.

And people get their wish, Rocksteady is done after this game (the franchise will continue because WB needs money, but that's ok because you can jump off after Knight). Hopefully we see them do either new superhero games or something else.

How about a surprising Doctor Fate announcement? lol

Was the rumor about Hush playing a major role in this game true? Im not a big fan of that character

I was hoping for the new Batman game they would move away from Arkham and do a different Batman story like League of Shadows or Court of Owls

Card Boy

Banned
Clay face - unknown/ possibly deceased
Joker - unknown/ possibly deceased
Ra's al Ghul - unknown/ possibly deceased
Solomon Grundy - unknown/ deceased
Talia al Ghuln - unknown/ possibly deceased

One thing about comics book characters is they never truly die. You can come up with the most bizarre shit to bring back each of the characters above. Lex Luthor has died heaps of times in the comics as has Ras al Ghul. Shit even Batman died afew times.

Vibranium

Banned
Was the rumor about Hush playing a major role in this game true? Im not a big fan of that character

I was hoping for the new Batman game they would move away from Arkham and do a different Batman story like League of Shadows or Court of Owls

We don't know yet, they haven't said anything about Hush yet. He'll probably be involved, but he could be fine if he's not written by Loeb.

Also, this is probably the end of the "Arkham" story, Rocksteady had a plan for this. You could get League of Shadows/Court of Owls/Beyond/etc by a different studio in the future (if you're ok with that).

Was Wally Wingert the voice of Riddler in the 90s animated series?

He wasn't. I should mention I also loved Riddler's 90's TAS VA (forgot his name). Wally is a fantastic modern replacement though.

Top Bottom