• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

MormaPope

Banned
Okay as a follow-up I saw the rest now:
-Most of the environments are better than the one I was looking at. They're quite nice, though still less impressive than the really great main character models. For an open world game like this however they're incredibly good.
-Two Face is easily one of the best character models I've ever seen.
-The Batmobile really does look great as well.
-The Riddler only has a smaller shot, but he also looks incredibly good. You can look at him and really get the sense that he looks like an actual person and also his expression legitimately makes him look insane.

This is all great news. The character models in Asylum and City looked very wooden and stiff in game.

In Asylum everybody seems like a robot or made of wood:

batmanarkham_shakehands.jpg

Jigolo

The one I've seen is pretty good. Batman's model is really impressive. The random thugs are pretty good, but obviously no where near as good as Batman, which makes sense given sometimes 50 are on the screen at once.

The environment is high quality, but not mindblowing.

Can you compare Batman's model to anything? How does it compare to Marius from Ryse

Floex

It says it is running on their modified Unreal engine.

Disappointing but expected. I don't think this is going to be next-gen Batman game we're wanting. I'm thinking more akin to GTA V, a collection of the best bits ramped right the way up. Not to say that is a bad thing, just not expecting big new things. Hope to be proven completely wrong.

Gothom City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.

Now, this sounds worrying to me. You literally couldn't do anything in Gotham, this isn't GTA where you can go off and do your own thing. Gotham, while finally crafted, is a dull playground to play in.

For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.

So the same boring predator gameplay then....

There will be a brand new villain, something made by Rocksteady that they say will be the ultimate test for Batman

WHY!!!!!!!!!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Can you compare Batman's model to anything? How does it compare to Marius from Ryse

It's in the first post. That thing that looks sort of like a game is actually one of the screenshots. I think it looks a bit less good than the ones without all the filters over it though.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Damn, Floex, I can understand not being impressed (this is game #4 after all) but you sound pretty disappointed.

Tough crowd.

Is Paul salty or something? He's already made it clear he's not working with Rocksteady on anything, anymore.

We got it.

That's out of context - it was his first tweet referencing today's reveal. All his other tweets were extremely positive about Rocksteady and its understanding of the Batman universe.

He has high expectations and is excited.

Snakeyes

Does it make sense to assume that the PC requirements for AK will give us a good idea of what kind of specs will be needed to surpass consoles for the next 5 years?

Tookay

Now, this sounds worrying to me. You literally couldn't do anything in Gotham, this isn't GTA where you can go off and do your own thing. Gotham, while finally crafted, is a dull playground to play in.

- Rocksteady is emphasising the detail is more important than the scale of the world. They don't want to create the biggest open-world, they want to create the richest, densest and most vibrant

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pretty damn outstanding character models for the main cast. Great environment lighting too. Looks legitimately "next gen" in my opinion.

Squire

Banned
That's out of context - it was his first tweet referencing today's reveal. All his other tweets were extremely positive about Rocksteady and its understanding of the Batman universe.

He has high expectations and is excited.

Ah, good to hear them. Huge fan of his work, just thought he was sore at them or something.

Vire

Batman's character model looks outstanding, dat next gen sheen. It's tough to get a good grasp on what the environments look like from the screens, but nonetheless I'm excited.

Riddler also looks particularly good. Very pleased with what I've seen.

Raven77

Okay as a follow-up I saw the rest now:
-Most of the environments are better than the one I was looking at. They're quite nice, though still less impressive than the really great main character models. For an open world game like this however they're incredibly good.
-Two Face is easily one of the best character models I've ever seen.
-The Batmobile really does look great as well.
-The Riddler only has a smaller shot, but he also looks incredibly good. You can look at him and really get the sense that he looks like an actual person and also his expression legitimately makes him look insane.

Wow this sounds awesome. So glad to see its skipping the technical restrictions of being built with last gen in mind.

Tookay

Paul Dini not being involved can only be seen as a good thing.

Yeah, I'm sorry to his fans, but he definitely bungled AC's macro-story pretty bad, especially in the last hour.

I liked a lot of the individual tangents and thought AA was good (up until the last boss fight).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So the stories for AA and AC didn't suck and we're supposed to be saddened by Dini not writing this one?

Still better than this shit what Grant Morrison would do to Batman. Hated his Run a couple of years back, never read such bad Batman storys.

But I see that the Internet now hates Paul Dini. Until like tomorrow, when everybody again loves his Batman: The Animated Series stuff.

Floex

Damn, Floex, I can understand not being impressed (this is game #4 after all) but you sound pretty disappointed.

Tough crowd.

Oh no, nothing like that. We haven't seen anything yet and would be stupid to doubt Rocksteady at this early stage. I'm just being overly harsh because I love the series. I just worry for sandbox games that have these big sprawling worlds but nothing to do in them. But then I see this;

- Rocksteady is emphasising the detail is more important than the scale of the world. They don't want to create the biggest open-world, they want to create the richest, densest and most vibrant

Then colour me hyped, in Rocksteady I trust.

bryanee

Still better than this shit what Grant Morrison would do to Batman. Hated his Run a couple of years back, never read such bad Batman storys.

But I see that the Internet now hates Paul Dini. Until like tomorrow, when everybody again loves his Batman: The Animated Series stuff.

Are you drunk?

Some Nobody

I know they say "opinions can't be wrong", but dude. Your opinion? It's wrong.

Top Bottom