• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

When you guys talk about the Batman character model looking great, you're talking about... this?
hub-bg_aknight-v0.jpg

sn00zer

Thank God.

Paul Dini can't write video games. He's bad at it.

Honestly I think City's story got told out of order from originally planned planned....I have to imagine the
Raz is behind it all was supposed to happen before the Raz boss battle and league of assassins mission
, but got mixed up during devlopment because they felt the game locations would be better ordered that way in the final game

dcelw540

I also hope they conclude everything, bring all the villains back to a fitting ending

Arkham Knight - confirmed
Harley Quinn - confirmed
Penguin - confirmed
Riddler - confirmed
Scarecrow - confirmed
Two Face - confirmed

Clay face - unknown/ possibly deceased
Executioner - deceased
Joker - unknown/ possibly deceased
Ra's al Ghul - unknown/ possibly deceased
Solomon Grundy - unknown/ deceased
Talia al Ghuln - unknown/ possibly deceased

Anarky - unknown
Azrael - unknown
Bane - unknown
Black Mask - unknown
Copperhead - unknown
Deadshot - unknown
Deathstroke - unknown
Firefly - unknown
Hush - unknown
Killer Croc - unknown
Mad Hatter - unknown
Mr. Freeze - unknown
Poison Ivy - unknown
Scar Face - unknown
Shiva - unknown
Victor Zsasz - unknown

Other possible characters:
James Gordon - confirmed
Oracle - confirmed

Aaron Cash - unknown
Alfred Pennyworth - unknown
Catwoman - unknown
Nightwing - unknown
Robin - unknown

Jigolo

It's in the first post. That thing that looks sort of like a game is actually one of the screenshots. I think it looks a bit less good than the ones without all the filters over it though.

Didn't know that was a screen. Yeah it looks extremely solid for an open world game.

Alienous

Welp that's that then.

Grant Morrison's work is arguably the worst Batman since Frank Miller's ASBAR.

IF I SEE DOCTOR HURT IN THIS GAME ONCE I SWEAR TO GOD.

I don't mind the concept of that character.

I was thinking the other day, what if Bruce had a child psychiatrist (as you would imagine in the event of his parents being murdered as he watches). Someone who could make the connection between the bat phobia and Batman. Doctor Hurt doesn't quite work as that character, but he gets the closest I've seen yet.

Chindogg

I don't mind the concept of that character.

I was thinking the other day, what if Bruce had a child psychiatrist (as you would imagine in the event of his parents being murdered as he watches). Someone who could make the connection between the bat phobia and Batman. Doctor Hurt doesn't quite work as that character, but he gets the closest I've seen yet.

It's not just that, its also the bullshit that is Knight and Squire, Final Crisis in general, and Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne.

I'll give him props for Battle For The Cowl though. The idea of dueling sidekicks to be the successor was a cool idea.

Nirolak pls use your ban powers

I know I went to war with someone over Knight and Squire in here but can't remember who. Sorry but fuck those characters. The worst self-projection of an author since the Twilight series.

This sounds fantastic. Good to see that Rocksteady gets to close out their trilogy, and especially that the plot seems to be about the death of the joker and its effects on the criminal underworld.

Ten bucks that the Arkham Knight is the joker though lol

Nyanmaruz

So is this going to be Rocksteady's final Batman game or final Arkham game? I really hope it's the latter and they are just taking a break from Batman to work on something else.

Sullichin

>Roads wont have many vehicles, just some thug cars and cop cruisers

I'm looking forward to this game a lot, but the whole gotham city not being populated by anyone but Batman, supervillians, cops, and thugs felt weird in City and even weirder in Arkham Origins.

Ah, good to hear them. Huge fan of his work, just thought he was sore at them or something.

I don't think he is - Paul was extremely complimentary of his experience writing both games on Fat Man on Batman, Kevin Smith's excellent Batman-based podcast.

Alxjn

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The visuals aren't doing much for me. I mean, they're alright, but it doesn't appear to be much of a leap over the previous Batman games.

sn00zer

Would be incredible if this games ends with the death of Batman or major villains...and I mean dead, dead....like another character now has to pick up the mantle dead... like Bruce has been shot and bleeds to death and Oracle is like NNOOOOOOOOO

Vire

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The visuals aren't doing much for me. I mean, they're alright, but it doesn't appear to be much of a leap over the previous Batman games.

Really? You don't think Riddler/Two Face are vastly improved?

Day one. I'm happy they decided to focus on single player only/ current gen hardware. AA and AC were two of my favorite games last gen, skipped AO because it wasn't made by Rocksteady. Everything I've read here sounds fantastic, super hyped to have this in my PS4.

I am really excited for this. Kevin Conroy + Current-Gen Only + Rocksteady = Day One buy for me. Which is odd, even though I loved Asylum and City I waited for the GOTY Edition. Not this time.

Blader

Like I said, I was cool with Battle For The Cowl, but the majority of his run was hot fucking garbage.

Battle for the Cowl sucked and Morrison didn't write it.

Return of Bruce Wayne wasn't very good either, and Final Crisis is a well-meaning mess, but his solo Batman run and Batman & Robin were both fucking excellent.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I also hope they conclude everything, bring all the villains back to a fitting ending

Arkham Knight - confirmed
Harley Quinn - confirmed
Penguin - confirmed
Riddler - confirmed
Scarecrow - confirmed
Two Face - confirmed

Clay face - unknown/ possibly deceased
Joker - unknown/ possibly deceased
Ra's al Ghul - unknown/ possibly deceased
Solomon Grundy - unknown/ deceased
Talia al Ghuln - unknown/ possibly deceased

Anarky - unknown
Bane - unknown
Black Mask - unknown
Copperhead - unknown
Deadshot - unknown
Deathstroke - unknown
Firefly - unknown
Hush - unknown
Killer Croc - unknown
Mad Hatter - unknown
Mr. Freeze - unknown
Poison Ivy - unknown
Scar Face - unknown
Shiva - unknown
Victor Zsasz - unknown

Other possible characters:
James Gordon - confirmed
Oracle - confirmed

Aaron Cash - unknown
Alfred Pennyworth - unknown
Catwoman - unknown
Nightwing - unknown
Robin - unknown

Don't forget Azrael. He's very much a "Gotham Knight".

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think this game is going to easily be the best Arkham game yet (or ever if Rocksteady is done). The fact that they are building this game for next-gen only, there's not gonna be any multiplayer at all (take note WB Montreal), Rocksteady has had a plan for the story since the original Arkham Asylum really (Arkham City's blueprints were in Arkham Asylum and they said they had this finale planned since Arkham City), and the fact that Joker is taking a backseat for other villains (including even a new one). Also, the fact that the new villain's name is Arkham Knight allows Rocksteady freedom in making this the whole of Gotham with no restrictions to the Arkham property and the city itself (including the buildings) have no load times at all! Rocksteady knows how to make true sequels to games.

I think this is a really risky move, but I have trust in Rocksteady's ability to deliver.

Also, REALLY hoping that Rocksteady's new game after this one is a TMNT game. Their combat system is perfect for it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Need to see it in motion, but the combination of darkness, neon lighting, smoke, and rain, and the overall aesthetic direction, gives me a similar vibe to that UE3.5 Samaritan tech demo. Not as detailed obviously, but still really impressive, especially the ambience and the character models.

Could be a hell of a looker in motion.

Are there screenshots somewhere?

Nah, magazine/app.

Saty

How are they going to restrict the Batmobile? Because that + all the new additions make it sound like the game's balance is a mess. The last the Arkham games need is even a worse balance.

Need to see it in motion, but the combination of darkness, neon lighting, smoke, and rain, and the overall aesthetic direction, gives me a similar vibe to that UE3.5 Samaritan tech demo. Not as detailed obviously, but still really impressive, especially the ambience and the character models.

Could be a hell of a looker in motion.

Nah, magazine/app.

This is exactly what I want. Graphics to come close to the Unreal Samaritan demo. Yes please!

Top Bottom