• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - TRAILER - Driveable Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Apparently they're historically the most successful driver of game pre-orders as far as marketing assets go.

I'd need to see that research. It could just be that games release a CG trailer during the period of marketing that has the largest amount of pre-orders (like now, a game reveal).

Either way, I agree with those harping on the trailer. With the capability for graphics like those in Infamous: Second Son it's about time to use in-game, in-engine assets for game trailers.

jmizzal

CGI trailer ugh

But not surprised this is PS4 and XBone only since its coming out this year, they didnt get Origins, PC gets all tho

Best part of that great Blur trailer:

12932064235_4341ef2dc6_o.gif

viveks86

A big LOL at those who have been going on and on about how 'AAA' games that haven't shown gameplay yet can't possibly release in 2014! ;)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Trailer was awesome. And yeah, it was done by Blur (my buddy works for them), and they have a tone/style to all of their Batman work so far, and they've kept it consistent with that. I highly doubt this trailer speaks for what the final game will look like, but I think it looked great.

Very excited for this one, as I've only played City and Asylum, and skipped out on Origins (I was actually waiting for a PS4 version of Origins, but I'm more interested in this, now).

Demon Ice

Banned
no clue where people say he's streamlined leaner now...

he seems about as bulky as AO, maybe even a bit more so in the ingame shot.

That armor is definitely leaner compared to the armor he had in Origins. I thought they specifically designed Origins' armor to be bulkier to portray how it was less advanced / refined.

I didn't hate Origins, but I was supremely disappointed by it. It's good to have Rocksteady back at the helm.

Curious as to what the real story is. Scarecrow attacking the city is definitely just a small part. I just really hope it isn't
Joker being resurrected

bedlamite

Didn't see anybody discussing this, is that Liam Neeson's voice as Thomas Wayne in the trailer?

Getting Ra's al Ghul to voice Thomas Wayne, well played, Rocksteady, well played.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I didn't hate Origins, but I was supremely disappointed by it. It's good to have Rocksteady back at the helm.

Curious as to what the real story is. Scarecrow attacking the city is definitely just a small part. I just really hope it isn't
Joker being resurrected

I think we all know it's high time Man-Bat made his glorious debut!

RedSwirl

Unfortunately I believe this is gonna be one of those "modified U3" things. Expect to see quite a few next gen.

Seems to me like Unreal 4 isn't ready for AAA games coming out in 2014. We might get a couple, like how the first UE3 games started coming out a year after the 360. Even then you still had later games using modified UE2 like BioShock.

Demon Ice

Banned
I hope there's soft body physics on the cape on the console versions. The PhysX cape in the PC Arkham games is amazing.

B.O.O.M

it was. What I really want to know is how the Batmobile will fit in to the flow of gameplay in this installment.

I'm gonna make a guess here and say you will be able to 'call' your batmobile anytime. any place for traversal so you will have a choice between that and the grappling hook

jbug617

Banned
Hope the Harley Quinn preorder DLC is the only DLC. PS3 versions of Asylum and City both had exclusive DLC so I hope the trend doesn't continue.

jett

D-Member
no clue where people say he's streamlined leaner now...

he seems about as bulky as AO, maybe even a bit more so in the ingame shot.

People were judging by CGI renders over which Rocksteady had nothing to do with.

lolz at those people. Batman looks exactly the same as before, I imagine the game will play mostly the same as before as well.

SykoTech

A little disappointing that there still won't be any civilians. Oh well, I guess that's another thing I'll have Second Son for.

Here's hoping the street thugs do more interesting things than chat with each other and beat down one defendless dude in an ally.

HARLEY!

real talk though, I wonder how much rocksteady actually cares about combat, they got some interesting mechanics going. if it were expanded upon and balanced properly I would be really hyped for a new batman game, will have to wait until they start discussing things like that.

I think if Joker is going to be in it, he will be incorporated in some sort of scarecrow poison level in Batman's head. He seemed disturbed about the Joker stuff in the Harley's Revenge DLC. I'm hoping they keep that in mind.

Damnit, I wanted to see the graphix.

Screenshots will be released soon after the game informer issue is released.

After this reveal, is it save to call Arkham Origins a cash grab now? This looks like the real sequel to Arkham City and makes Origins look like a knock off to fill the annualized release quota.

Blader

Didn't see anybody discussing this, is that Liam Neeson's voice as Thomas Wayne in the trailer?

Getting Ra's al Ghul to voice Thomas Wayne, well played, Rocksteady, well played.

No, that was a voice actor but damned if I could place him now.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I can't wait for the crossover nonsense to be honest. These guys have already succeeded in making a great formula for Batman games.

I'll be ready for something new next time.

DC wise... Superman, Wonderwoman, Captain Marvel, Flash and Lantern are very hard to do in video game because of their crazy abilities (also superman fans will go crazy if he is not 100% pure boring saint)

Green Arrow, Aquaman, Blue Beetle and Jonah Hex can make good video games especially Green Arrow if Rocksteady go and make something similar to the awesome TV series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom