• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - TRAILER - Driveable Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'm gonna make a guess here and say you will be able to 'call' your batmobile anytime. any place for traversal so you will have a choice between that and the grappling hook

I think that much is certain, but I'm hoping for deeper integration into the flow of the game. Or in other words, I'm expecting a new flow, different from that of Asylum/City, that accounts for moment to moment use of the Batmobile in addition to the tools and mechanics we're familiar with.

Bradach

Pretty inspiring trailer. I'll be keeping a very close eye on developments.

I must pick up a cheap version of origins on steam

3bdelilah

Banned
After this reveal, is it save to call Arkham Origins a cash grab now? This looks like the real sequel to Arkham City and makes Origins look like a knock off to fill the annualized release quota.

I don't think anyone had any doubts otherwise. I suppose it was a cash grab to finance this, seems like a big and expensive project.

magnifico

no clue where people say he's streamlined leaner now...

he seems about as bulky as AO, maybe even a bit more so in the ingame shot.

the bulkier the better. He should be beefier and more intimidating than the majority of his foes and looks more badass that way. gotta believe he can actually hold someone in the air by the throat with one hand! :)

Endo Punk

What if what we saw.... was all in game...

shocked.gif

Seriously I hope it's not asking much to expect similar level of graphics quality in game on a next(current) gen platform.

Chuck

Still without luck
More Arkham bullshit? That's a massive bummer. Sometimes it seem like they don't think people would buy a new Batman game if it doesn't have Arkham on the box.

And nice work Blur. You certainly made a nice Batman short movie again. Probably cost 3 million, eh?

Not interested.

The Arkham City trailer was way more hype for me. The voiceover here is just forced. "Fast cars" - oh here's the batmobile!

Still, I'm looking forward to this. It should look amazing.

I think that much is certain, but I'm hoping for deeper integration into the flow of the game. Or in other words, I'm expecting a new flow, different from that of Asylum/City, that accounts for moment to moment use of the Batmobile in addition to the tools and mechanics we're familiar with.

All I wanna do is throw down some smoke after being shot at by some henchmen, run towards the ledge of a building and front flip off going into a dive bomb towards the street below. Hit a button to call the batmobile, it swoops in below me and i land inside. *Batman theme plays*

So next gen:

PS4: 1080p/30fps
XBone: 900p/30fps
PC: whatever you make it!

The game was just announced today and already this shit has started.

viveks86

I'm gonna make a guess here and say you will be able to 'call' your batmobile anytime. any place for traversal so you will have a choice between that and the grappling hook

Yup. But I'm pretty sure there will be some gameplay portions dedicated for the batmobile. Explosive chase sequences through the city comes to mind. May be it can also be used to cause some destruction, create pathways etc.

3bdelilah

Banned
The Arkham City trailer was way more hype for me. The voiceover here is just forced. "Fast cars" - oh here's the batmobile!

This. Sure, I'm very existed to see where they're going after Arkham City, but I can't say I'm hyped out of my mind. Didn't blow me away, but gameplay sure might (and will).

Vire

In the YouTube trailer description:

The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. Be The Batman.

All of Gotham City? Yes please.

DC wise... Superman, Wonderwoman, Captain Marvel, Flash and Lantern are very hard to do in video game because of their crazy abilities (also superman fans will go crazy if he is not 100% pure boring saint)

Green Arrow, Aquaman, Blue Beetle and Jonah Hex can make good video games especially Green Arrow if Rocksteady go and make something similar to the awesome TV series.

For anything to be plausible or challenging you'd need a pretty big setting change or plot device. A superman game that takes place on apokolips, in kandor, or some intergalatic setting could have merit. Otherwise you'd need to make the superman in arkhamverse be much weaker.

I totally get that its a Rocksteady arkham and its been in development for like what, 3 years?

but that doesn't change the fact that we had a batman arkham game last year, sure it was not Rocksteady and was received tepidly compared to city and asylum but damn. So soon. Like do something else maybe Rocksteady?

eh not complaining, ill still buy it and destroy those challenge leaderboards.

geomon

After this reveal, is it save to call Arkham Origins a cash grab now? This looks like the real sequel to Arkham City and makes Origins look like a knock off to fill the annualized release quota.

I was calling it that by December when it was still a glitchy broken mess. And guess what, it's still a glitchy broken mess but hey new DLC!

But it's cool, Montreal can have that and whatever new retcons they want to make with future stories, I'll stick to the proven Rocksteady guys.

charsace

Holy fuckballs! This is the batman game I have always imagined. They are making the art style more realistic now that they have the tech that can do it.

All I wanna do is throw down some smoke after being shot at by some henchmen, run towards the ledge of a building and front flip off going into a dive bomb towards the street below. Hit a button to call the batmobile, it swoops in below me and i land inside. *Batman theme plays*

The game was just announced today and already this shit has started.
It's gonna happen!

Jito

Banned
Hyped for this as it's one of the first announced this gen that's not being held back by the previous gen. Bye bye PS3 and 360.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, didn't even know his was coming. What an awesome trailer!

Mugy

I still say it. How is that this game enroll back again villains from Arkham City. This game is a sequel, and you defeat both Penguin and Two Face (as Catwoman) in the previous game. I think is a bad idea using then again...

Carbonox

I still say it. How is that this game enroll back again villains from Arkham City. This game is a sequel, and you defeat both Penguin and Two Face (as Catwoman) in the previous game. I think is a bad idea using then again...

Cos you never kill these villains so they're always going to be able to return.

3bdelilah

Banned
Guys, is it even confirmed it's an Arkham City sequel and not an AA prequel (and thus AO sequel)? Because this pic really gives me that AO vibe, and I'm not liking it. Especially the armour, and the fact that Bruce seems to be looking surprisingly younger than AA and AC.

Owensboro

In the YouTube trailer description:

All of Gotham City? Yes please.

Great. An even bigger open world that they can place the waypoint markers for the mission on the exact opposite side of the city. That's what I wanted: The game to make me feel even more like it's wasting my time between "missions" than Arkham City did.

3bdelilah

Banned

Is it even confirmed to be AC sequel? Because I'm getting afraid now if it isn't...

dan2026

As long as we don't get Joker again I am fine.

Hope Scarecrow gets a bigger role. Two-face as well.

Would perhaps like to see some of the more modern villains, such as Professor Pyg.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm operating under the assumption that a port of Arkham Knight to Wii U is technically possible, like Arkham City and Arkham Origins before it. If it's not, then all of these points are moot.

I'm saying that if they don't make an exception for Wii U, they're shunning Wii U, artificially placing it into the "last-gen" category (despite it only being 1 1/2 years old), and they don't think it's worthy enough for a downscaled port.

That's self-evident.

Here is the argument:

I'm sure that if Wii U was exploding in popularity right now, they'd have the ability and desire to make a Wii U port happen (and forego the PS3 / 360), since they've already made Arkham City and Arkham Origins happen. That's why I consider Warner Bros.'s actions an indictment against the Wii U in particular...because they're ignoring a new console they've previously supported.

But it belongs in the "last gen" category. We all knew this was going to happen down the road. We knew Wii U would be ditched when PS3 and 360 started getting phased out and this is the first game to do it.

Personally I'm glad this is current gen only. I don't want last gen console hardware holding my games back.

3bdelilah

Banned
Story?

Nein.

Nope.

Nada.

It makes less than no sense.

Although AC (my favourite Arkham) and AA were absolutely better than AO, I can't really diagree with the story being at least a bit more intriguing. I think it was. The only part that I really hated was (AO spoilers!)
that it was Joker behind Black Mask's mask all along

Well, Origins had the best art design, story, and best Batman characterization of the Arkham series.

The other two maybe but the art design was pretty much the same as City. The whole city was pretty much a copy paste of City with for some reason less grapple points. Except if you mean the character design.

Guys, is it even confirmed it's an Arkham City sequel and not an AA prequel (and thus AO sequel)? Because this pic really gives me that AO vibe, and I'm not liking it. Especially the armour, and the fact that Bruce seems to be looking surprisingly younger than AA and AC.
It does look like a prequel. Bruce Wayne looks younger and leaner.

I could be wrong.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I really hope they do a better job of making the city feel alive and real this time. I want to see civilians roaming the streets and I want to see traffic. Make me believe I'm in the real Gotham City, not just a playground in a game that's just made purely for me to take down criminals and collect riddler trophies.
With the level of detail that is put into the environment, the chances of that with good enough citizen AI is doubtful. Only so much one studio can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom