• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Release Date Leaked By Microsoft Store? [2/24/2015]

Damn...that just pushed Witcher 3 back for me. Batman takes priority. Which is good cause I wanted to wait to hear people impressions of The Witcher on consoles anyway and if I instead need to save up for a computer upgrade.

I really hope they don't release this and The Witcher 3 on the same day it would be brutal trying to decide which to play first and having the two competing with each other.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm still hoping for January just to give space to The Order and The Witcher 3 but whatever. Like I said before, Batman takes priority for me over just about anything else.

Wow, early 2015 is going to be fucking bonkers.

Q1 is often better than Q4 in my opinion. I think March has historically been a great gaming month.

L1NETT

Remember when CDPR said they moved to Feb to get away from the rush of games?

Now look!

February would be pretty crazy if this is true

DieH@rd

Banned
Remember when CDPR said they moved to Feb to get away from the rush of games?

Now look!

February would be pretty crazy if this is true

No, they delayed the game with the blogpost that said that they needed more time to make the game better.

Of those four games, three are published by Warner Bros. They're literally cannibalizing their own titles for no real reason.
Dying Light can be early Feb, and W3 is published by WB only in NA.

Some Nobody

Unfortunate. I'm way more hyped for The Witcher 3. I'll still prolly pick this up in March tho.

...Damn, 2015 trying to destroy my wallet tho.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
hNp6s5o.gif

DAmn! Guess it's time to save up.

Oh my god this has me laughing so hard.

What the fuck, three major releases in the same month.

It is going to get the sales of one another, why not space them out?

Opt1kon_

Crazy thing is, i have both of these games pre ordered already threw amazon & The order 1886 pre ordered CE threw gamestop I'm just in luck if this is the case

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That seems like a generally appropriate release date for a game of this tier, and it will easily bowl over their competition in terms of sales potential.

erawsd

Isn't Warner Brothers publishing Witcher 3 as well? That seems very strange if this is true.

Well, my guess is that WB doesn't have too much control over when Witcher releases, the game has 5 publishers across varying regions. If this is accurate (its probably not), I wouldn't be surprised if Batman's date is moved around since it isn't official.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No, WB is publishing it in NA. Namco Bandai is covering Europe.

I dont think that WB had any say in Witcher's release date. But they could easily control when AK will be out.

It's also much more of a distribution contract with an advance loan that actual publishing too, so I'm not sure they care about optimizing The Witcher 3 at all whereas Arkham Knight is their flagship game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So this is how I'll probably end up buying these things.

Feb 24th - batman

April - everything else when all that other shit is like 10-20 bucks cheaper

I can't really play games in February due to it being my busy season so I'm going to have a fuck ton of games to play in April.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If that's the date then The Order and The Witcher better get the hell outta the way!

Dabanton

It's not even the money that's the issue for me. It's the time.

Adult life is busy enough that having time to delve deep into one game is enough, having two massive open world games that I want out within a short amount of time. Is just bad planning.

If Batman would have been released before the xmas holiday I would have had the entirety of the Christmas holiday to play it through. I swore to myself that I wouldn't be doing what I did in the PS360 era i.e buying 2-3 full price games and not being able to concentrate on one game.

Biggzy

It's not even the money that's the issue for me. It's the time.

Adult life is busy enough that having time to delve deep into one game is enough, having two massive open world games that I want out within a short amount of time. Is just bad planning.

If Batman would have been released before the xmas holiday I would have had the entirety of the Christmas holiday to play it through. I swore to myself that I wouldn't be doing what I did in the PS360 era i.e buying 2-3 full price games and not being able to concentrate on one game.

You are absolutely on the money. I cam easily afford the games, but I don't have as much time as you used to have when I was younger. I might have to buy one on release and buy the other a few weeks later.

Play arkham origins, close your eyes, go to the nearest arcade that has that Batmobile arcade game, put in tokens and them open your eyes. It'll be like playing AK

You forgot to mention "after you die" due to walking and/or driving in public with his eyes closed.

Spring, what kinda advice izzat?

Top Bottom