• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

boskee

It's Kevin Van Ord, one of the very few good reviewers left.

Yup. He's yet to let me down so I'd take his review over others. Still, solid scores across the board. I may end up picking it up in few months, even tho I don't really like Batman-related media.

Skux

Looking at gameplay it looks like more of the same, but that's not a bad thing.

I'll happily put money down on this to get that Batman feeling all over again.

Ahasverus

Meh, Asylum keeps being the most balanced. This one is for you peopl that screamed 4 years for the Batmobile. Still the open world gotham must be a thing of beauty, that's what I'm most excited about. I wonder how big it is?

Sojgat

They didn't develop Origins, but yeah I guess they didn't take cues.

It's a shame. Origins' boss fights were all fantastic, and made inventive use of the combat mechanics.

The only good boss fight in the previous Rocksteady games was Mr. Freeze, and that was more of predator room puzzle than a fight.

Video games zone (Germany) 87%
+Spektakuläre Präsentation
+Spannende Hauptgeschichte mit denkwürdigen Momenten
+Dichte Atmosphäre
-Zähe Verfolgungsjagden mit dem Batmobil
-Bosskämpfe mit dem Batmobil teils nervig
-Spielerisch stumpfe Panzer-Massenschlachten
(PS4 code)

OP Note: "What do these words mean?" you might ask. I have no fuckin' idea. I got the spectacular presentation one. Dick atmosphere too.

+ spectacular prresentation
+ thrilling mainstory with memorable moments
+ great atmosphere
- tiring chases with the Batmobile
- bossfights with batmobile tend to get annoying
- dull tank battles
- terrible ending with Batman having to defuse a bomb in his own anus and failing

You're welcome. But boy. That spoiler. Ze germans. Am I right guys?

+Dichte Atmosphäre

+ spectacular presentation
+ thrilling main story with lots of memorable moments
+ dense atmosphere
- lame chase sequences with the batmobile
- tedious boss battles with the batmobile
- battles against other vehicles are dull

there you go.

edit: beaten :p

Dahaka

DerZuhälter;169017138 said:
- terrible ending with Batman having to defuse a bomb in his own anus and failing

giphy.gif

All these 10s...do you mean to say that this game (which largely looks like the same as the previous ones) will end up being better than witcher 3, bb and MGSV lol?

delSai

DerZuhälter;169017138 said:
+ spectacular prresentation
+ thrilling mainstory with memorable moments
+ great atmosphere
- tiring chases with the Batmobile
- bossfights with batmobile tend to get annoying
- dull tank battles

You're welcome. But boy. That spoiler. Ze germans. Am I right guys?

Thank you, i should have translated it myself instead of just posting >_>

Seems like pretty good scores. I've been on board for this given that it's Rocksteady since the moment it's been announced.

Almost strange to see GS give Shadow of Mordor a higher score given that it's pretty much a poorer, more derivative version of Batman. But I suppose I haven't played the game yet.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like more of the same Arkham gameplay, with a larger open world and shoehorned Batmobile sections. I'm pretty Batman'ed out so I'll probably give this one a pass and pick it up on sale in a year or two.

Yoshi88

Video games zone (Germany) 87%
+Dichte Atmosphäre
(PS4 code)

OP Note: "What do these words mean?" you might ask. I have no fuckin' idea. I got the spectacular presentation one. Dick atmosphere too.

+ spectacular presentation
+ exciting main story with memorable moments
+ good/ dense atmosphere
- slow, boring (no good translation for this use of "zäh", really. Maybe a less harsh meaning of annoying) chases
- bossfights with batmoile partly annoying
- dumb gameplay in tank massfights

could maybe add that to OP :)

edit. Nevermind, already posted. Sry -.-

Different taste. Others will say Bloodborne is better or Witcher 3 is better.
Agree but there will never be a consensus best if you take taste into account. I mean there hasn't been an obvious game of the generation yet. And as much as I love Bloodborne you are leaving out a vast number of gamers since it's a PS4 exclusive

ryseing

Seems like pretty good scores. I've been on board for this given that it's Rocksteady since the moment it's been announced.

Almost strange to see GS give Shadow of Mordor a higher score given that it's pretty much a poorer, more derivative version of Batman. But I suppose I haven't played the game yet.

To be fair, the Nemesis system is brilliant and differentiates SoM enough.

KPunk

ugh i honestly loved the original and wasn't really looking forward to the game like some of you have. the high reviews are starting to change my mind, however that being said the entire bat mobile turned me off from the beginning, and it still does today. seeing how most reviews are complaining about it, makes this a very difficult for me to decide if i will be purchasing this or not.

dlauv

I think the hatorade for the Batmobile combat is being sipped nearly unanimously, something many of us were fairly apprehensive about. I'm hoping I'll feel the same way IGN felt about it.

Braag

So we know when gmg should send the steam keys?

Probably a day before release or the same day it's released. Only other game I pre ordered from there was Valkyria Chronicles, I got the key for that day or two before release.

Courage

Kevin VanOrd really should do reviews without scores. His written review seems a lot more positive than a mere 7.

It's because people connote 7 negatively and as being disappointing. I bet he still thinks it's a good game, but it sticks out when everyone else is giving it 9+ scores.

Mononoke

Banned
some reviewers use the whole scale

also you have to actually read the content of the review. that's the "getting it" part.

I know. It's frustrating that people are saying they don't get it.

Given how IMO Arkham City fell apart in the second half of the game, this review is enough to worry me. Arkham City had glowing reviews across the board, and I felt let down with City after finishing it.

And a 7 out of 10 on a full scale is still a good score.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I knew the Batmobile stuff would be hit or miss. Still, sounds like another great effort from Rocksteady.

Sojgat

Well, the Deathstroke fight was amazing. Everything else was about on par with the rest of the series.

Nope.

Firefly fight was the worst, and most similar to what Rocksteady had been doing, but it's cinematic presentation elevated it.

Copperhead, Shiva, and the numerous Bane fights were all amazing.

Top Bottom