• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

Lemondish

DerZuhälter;169017138 said:
+ spectacular prresentation
+ thrilling mainstory with memorable moments
+ great atmosphere
- tiring chases with the Batmobile
- bossfights with batmobile tend to get annoying
- dull tank battles
- terrible ending with Batman having to defuse a bomb in his own anus and failing

You're welcome. But boy. That spoiler. Ze germans. Am I right guys?

LOL

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
My g600 awaits....

97CE9B4506A3FE5211B0D1BD7F09D8942328226C

Ahasverus

Well, the Deathstroke fight was amazing. Everything else was about on par with the rest of the series.
No way, all fights with Bane are memorable, the Firefly fight was visually exciting, and the handcuffs fight with joker was chill inducing. Origins had a great direction, the best in the series by far.

dlauv

It's because people connote 7 negatively and as being disappointing. I bet he still thinks it's a good game, but it sticks out when everyone else is giving it 9+ scores.

It's really tough to fight a first impression, and in the exceedingly dominant culture a 7 means a C.

That's not how many sites work, and it's easy to remember what a 7 actually means. However, it's a knee jerk first impression of the score that can do damage.

Discusguy

UK IGN

Gamespot 7
- Forced use of the Batmobile puts a damper on fun and freedom
- Ham-fisted dialogue and predictable reveals damage the story
- Monotonous encounters and mediocre boss fights hurt the second half
(PS4 code)

More as they arrive.

Looks like its more of the same crap that made me not finish the other 2 games. By the time I was half way through the game, it became too boring because of the monotonous encounters and boss fights.

I'll wait for a price drop this time around.

IcyEyes

Do we really need for this game to be reviewed ?

Ok, joke aside, this game is epic, can't wait to play a full walkthrough !

Looks like its more of the same crap that made me not finish the other 2 games. By the time I was half way through the game, it became too boring because of the monotonous encounters and boss fights.

This game is clearly not for you.

Nope.

Firefly fight was the worst, and most similar to what Rocksteady had been doing, but it's cinematic presentation elevated it.

Copperhead, Shiva, and the numerous Bane fights were all amazing.

Shiva was genuinely nothing more than a regular ninja enemy with a health bar, I can't even begin to think of how that qualifies as amazing.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

It helps when you actually read the review.

Nothing Kevin said in his review seemed outlandish or unfair, and a 7/10 is a good score. Not everything has to be a 9 or 10.

This is exactly why I prefer reviews without scores. People focus way too much on the number.

ironcreed

Banned
I don't know, I think Kevin may have some valid points with the Batmobile. It looks amazing and I think I will enjoy it for awhile. But drawn out sequences that are forced upon you and annoying puzzle sections with it seem like it could grate on you. He makes a good argument against it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Why do people always listen to the lowest score?

Never really thought the batmobile combat stuff fit with the rest of the game, but still excited to get my hands on this! Any idea when the giantbomb review will hit?

Courage

It's really tough to fight a first impression, and in the exceedingly dominant culture a 7 means a C.

That's not how many sites work, and it's easy to remember what a 7 actually means. However, it's a knee jerk first impression of the score that can do damage.

I'd rather have VanOrd use his site's scale as it's intended to be used than conform to the exceedingly dominant culture which is pretty fucked anyway.

Adam M

Now I'm afraid of the batmobil, I hope it's not that meh. I'm a huge batman fan since childhood so I will love it anyway :D

I don't know, I think Kevin may have some valid points with the Batmobile. It looks amazing and I think I will enjoy it for awhile. But drawn out sequences that are forced upon you and annoying puzzle sections with it seem like it could grate on you. He makes a good argument against it.

Forced vehicle segments are alllllways annoying in games. But I guess it depends on how it's handled.

If the batmobile is fun to play with, then it shouldn't be a problem if some gameplay scenarios necessitate the use of a batmobile.

I'll have to read the review in depth.

Why do people always listen to the lowest score?

When I'm shopping on amazon, I always read the lowest scored reviews first. I need to make sure that people's gripes with a product aren't also going to be dealbreakers for me as well.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Soooo everyone hates the Batmobile then! Not very surprising, the tank battle stuff hasn't been looking very good. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest of the game.

Ushay

Unfortunately I cant afford this at the moment. Will wait for the sales later this years. Looks excellent as usual for Batman.

FHIZ

Is the Batmobile really that bad? I mean... it's the batmobile. A futuristic super tank. And it sucks?
From what it sounds like, it's just that there's a big emphasis to the point where it's forced upon you in some points. Not having played it, I imagine it's like Saints Row IV, where you COULD get in a car and drive, but it's a lot more fun to traverse the city with your character's abilities.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
On the plus side, a reviewer says that the game doesn't hold your hand when having to complete objectives. Like it gives you the tools and trusts that you'll know how and when to use them when the time comes.

Hearing that about the boss battles is really scary for me because that was one of the main things that I was excited about.

Is the Batmobile really that bad? I mean... it's the batmobile. A futuristic super tank. And it sucks?

I think maybe the Tank bits may become a bit tedious.

But I feel like the regular use of the Batmobile looks fucking awesome.
Seems to have a great sense of speed and brute force.

Top Bottom