• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

Seriously still no OT?

OT Creator had this to say:

tumblr_n2tcb51IYN1skudxeo1_500.gif

Fliesen

So i'm going to buy this tomorrow during lunch break. Now i only need to get my girlfriend to come pick it up from me and put it into the PS4 so it'll download the 3.5 gig day one patch so it'll be ready to play when i get back from work :/

Really excited. Thankfully i rushed through the final quests of the Witcher today.

Anyone that ordered from Nuuvem know what the second key in my account is for?

I tried to redeem it and it says you already own this product...?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone that ordered from Nuuvem know what the second key in my account is for?

I tried to redeem it and it says you already own this product...?

It's the pre-order DLC, but the key is unnecessary as the pre-order sub contains said DLC as of about an hour ago.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah, also got my key from Nuuvem.
Now to download the 50 billion GB.

lol. yeah I got it from Amazon instead of Steam just because I don't want to download 50 something GB (bandwitch cap here) if WB still doing it like always with their games then the retail version will be a Steam key plus 4+ discs (inside a cardboard box like Mordor retail) to install the game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Buses in Toronto are plastered with Arkham Knight posters. WB going in with dat marketing dollars.

Makes me happy to see them.

Sullichin

Buses in Toronto are plastered with Arkham Knight posters. WB going in with dat marketing dollars.

Makes me happy to see them.

There's ads all over times square and in a bunch of subway stations in NY. They even skinned some of the turnstiles. The phrase "BE THE BATMAN" is everywhere. Most marketing I've seen features the batmobile.

SomTervo

About 12 hours in.

I'm enjoying this significantly more than I enjoyed either City or Origins. I think my gut is telling me I'm even enjoying it more than Asylum.

It's really something. For once I think I agree with Polygon.

Edit: and I'm a giant fan of the whole series

If I didn't preorder the base game or the season's pass, and I intend to purchase the PC version through a legitimate source, what is the best place to buy the premium edition (which includes the base game + season pass)?

Is it GMG? At 40% off the premium price of 89.99 (which in itself is $10 less than MSRP), it comes down to $53.99 USD. Is that technically the best value proposition out there?

Considering I'll be playing from the second I get home with my copy at 11 until I beat it which will probably be 12 pm tomorrow afternoon, I should probably rest up.

It's gonna be a long, fun night.

Doomedfool

About 12 hours in.

I'm enjoying this significantly more than I enjoyed either City or Origins. I think my gut is telling me I'm even enjoying it more than Asylum.

It's really something. For once I think I agree with Polygon.

Edit: and I'm a giant fan of the whole series

Other than being extremely jealous right now, this is good to hear. I am also a huge fan of the series, so it's good to get opinions from a like-minded person.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If I didn't preorder the base game or the season's pass, and I intend to purchase the PC version through a legitimate source, what is the best place to buy the premium edition (which includes the base game + season pass)?

Is it GMG? At 40% off the premium price of 89.99 (which in itself is $10 less than MSRP), it comes down to $53.99 USD. Is that technically the best value proposition out there?

Yeah GMG is the cheapest option.

JaseC

What VPN client cna I use ot unlcok guys!!! Help an old batman out!
It's unlocking in Europe in a little over three hours. You can play it early by following these instructions.

Edit: In poking about your post history to see which platform you bought the game on, I found this:
As to the 40% being a "significant" loss per unit, that's true - compared to your usual PC digital unit sale, but it's actually still pretty good vs a console retail sale.

It's not a significant loss. GMG takes 30%, so it's eating 10%.

SomTervo

Other than being extremely jealous right now, this is good to hear. I am also a huge fan of the series, so it's good to get opinions from a like-minded person.

I'm a giant fan of the series, though I controversially think City is the worst of the first three.

Knight really feels like the game City and Origins wanted to be. It's fantastic and fully has a grasp of Batman and what it is to be Batman. If you just want to boot it up and swoop around the city fighting thugs, you can do that, and it's great. If you want to do the detective stuff, you can just go do that, and it's great. Plus the story is really surprising me, considering the criticisms levelled at it.

Also the Batmobile. I goddamn love it. Basically it's a license to feel cool as fuck and it's super responsive and brilliantly integrated with on-foot Batman. You can do stuff like fight 10 goons in a street, get blindsided by shots from a drone-tank, hit the Batmobile button, it systematically batters through the streets to you, you leap and seamlessly land in it, blast the drone-tank in one shot, then fire off doing 0-60 down a street, hit the glide button and launch hundreds of feet into the air, swooping away across rooftops to find more baddies.

I mean what the fuck. The whole experience is utterly seamless and there's nary a frame-drop on PS4.

It's just so fucking great. So far I'm not understanding any of the Batmobile criticisms. Even when you're forced to use it the context always feels right.

kodecraft

I'm a giant fan of the series, though I controversially think City is the worst of the first three.

Knight really feels like the game City and Origins wanted to be. It's fantastic and fully has a grasp of Batman and what it is to be Batman. If you just want to boot it up and swoop around the city fighting thugs, you can do that, and it's great. If you want to do the detective stuff, you can just go do that, and it's great. Plus the story is really surprising me, considering the criticisms levelled at it.

Also the Batmobile. I goddamn love it. Basically it's a license to feel cool as fuck and it's super responsive and brilliantly integrated with on-foot Batman. You can do stuff like fight 10 goons in a street, get blindsided by shots from a drone-tank, hit the Batmobile button, it systematically batters through the streets to you, you leap and seamlessly land in it, blast the drone-tank in one shot, then fire off doing 0-60 down a street, hit the glide button and launch hundreds of feet into the air, swooping away across rooftops to find more baddies.

I mean what the fuck. The whole experience is utterly seamless and there's nary a frame-drop on PS4.

It's just so fucking great. So far I'm not understanding any of the Batmobile criticisms. Even when you're forced to use it the context always feels right.

Dude...+1.

JaseC

Wow, didn't know GMG took that much out. Thought only Steam/Origin did.

30% is the industry standard. The only DD service I'm aware of that takes less is Humble (5%).

That GMG is subsidising Batman to the tune of 10% out of its pocket is odd, though. I'm inclined to think the move was done to sway people away from Nuuvem, but WB pulled its games from there a few weeks ago, so it's been a non-issue for quite a while now.

Neiteio

K2LS5CJ.gif

Top Bottom