• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

The wait for my EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid is killing me atm. Not arriving till prob the 3rd July (curse thee Scan). And the wait for my Arkham Knight code with it.

*cries*

Wolfie5

Hm, my DLC code still doesn't work. The game code redeemed as "Batman Arkham Knight Preorder" so either A.) GMG gave me two codes for the game, B.) the DLC is packaged with the preorder sub or C.) I got a bogus code.

My preload is almost done, so I guess I'll try it again when it's done. For those of you who redeemed both successfully, do you get a DLC box on the game's library entry that has the pre-order DLC? Or is there no way to check if you have the DLC until you boot the game up?

I'd rather not deal with GMG customer service, since they've been terrible in the past, but it seems like I might have to.

EDIT:

I might end up doing that first, then. Hopefully that works if I can't get it to work beforehand.

Bought at GMG too. "Only" could redeem the game. As for the DLC it said something like I already will get that once the game is unlocked.

My guess: I don´t think you will need the second code as it is already included when you activate the game on steam before it gets released.
Had you activated after release on steam, you would probably need that DLC code. But, like I said, just a guess.

Edit: And pre-load is done. I am ready. :)
Will have to wait until tomorrow after work before I can play though :(

Skunkers

Hm, my DLC code still doesn't work. The game code redeemed as "Batman Arkham Knight Preorder" so either A.) GMG gave me two codes for the game, B.) the DLC is packaged with the preorder sub or C.) I got a bogus code.

My preload is almost done, so I guess I'll try it again when it's done. For those of you who redeemed both successfully, do you get a DLC box on the game's library entry that has the pre-order DLC? Or is there no way to check if you have the DLC until you boot the game up?

I'd rather not deal with GMG customer service, since they've been terrible in the past, but it seems like I might have to.

EDIT:

I might end up doing that first, then. Hopefully that works if I can't get it to work beforehand.

Yeah, I'd give it a little time. When I got my GMG codes, I redeemed the first one on Steam and I got a message saying it was for the Harley Quinn Story Pack Preorder, but then an error box popped up and said it was add-on content for a game I don't own and that I must redeem the game first. So I went back to GMG, grabbed the other code and redeemed it, and this time it once again said Harley Quinn Story Pack but it let me start preloading. So I redeemed the first key again, and it still said Harley Quinn Story Pack, but redeemed ok. Since neither said Season Pass, i went to the Season Pass store page and it showed I didn't own it, but I checked like an hour later and now it says I do own it. So, I think it's wonky and it takes a bit to sort out what is what. IIRC, something similar happened with MKX.

For those keeping close attention, are there any significant differences between the two versions (Xbox One and PS4)?

I own both.

On one hand, the Xbox One version gives me platform uniformity, since I played both the previous games on Xbox 360 (and, assuming Microsoft keeps their promise, will be able to play them again in the future, if I so choose).

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure PS4 has first-dibs on DLC content, right?

Neither is particularly important to me, so it's pretty much a coin flip, unless there are significant performance or feature-set differences.

Thanks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RE: DLC confusion:

1) WB stuffed up the names of some of the packages, but they'll probably be edited in due time
2) The pre-order DLC key no longer working for standard edition purchasers is because the pre-order sub was updated a short while ago
3) Similar to the above, the Season Pass only now showing up as owned for Premium Edition purchasers is because the Season Pass app was added to the PE subs a short while ago also
4) The DLC won't show up in your client library until the apps are no longer private

ps4 is out of space :(

oof I really wish there was a way to manage the HD remotely...

all the B:AK downloads ready to go but no space. Should have upgraded to 1TB hybrid drive like I intended!

0racle

For those keeping close attention, are there any significant differences between the two versions (Xbox One and PS4)?

I own both.

On one hand, the Xbox One version gives me platform uniformity, since I played both the previous games on Xbox 360 (and, assuming Microsoft keeps their promise, will be able to play them again in the future, if I so choose).

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure PS4 has first-dibs on DLC content, right?

Neither is particularly important to me, so it's pretty much a coin flip, unless there are significant performance or feature-set differences.

Thanks

as someone who also owns both systems I say PS4. I only use xbox one for console exclusive content. Everything else is purchased for PS4 due to performance gains. There is no reason to buy an inferior product if you have these options. platform uniformity? irrelevant as that is more a personal decision not based on any logic at all

komplanen

I wonder what kind of a hot mess it will be for AMD users, as hinted in that one thread about minimum requirements being updated.

Thank God for Nvidia.

Played a couple of hours on the bone

Frame rate was a steady 30fps for 99 percent of the playthrough.

The Batmobile is tricky in a sense that you expect the left trigger to brake, when the right trigger is accelerate.

But the brake is actually X, once you get used to the fact that you never need to let go of the right trigger it becomes far easier.

Weird. I'll give Iceland a shot in that case. The last few big releases all seemed to hit either S. Korea or Australia timezone(s) first.
Yeah, I usually default to those locations as well. Iceland just happens to have the best connection out of the countries I've tried through SoftEther.

I sold out and broke my one rule and pulled the trigger on buying the season pass for $24. I figure since the game came with my 970 I might as well for that price, I'm sure it'll get a 50% discount at some point before all the content is released (and it better not suck) but meh, it's only four bucks. Got it immediately and added it to Steam without issue.

Again, this is the correct code: 40OFFB-ATAKVC-GMGRB9

Since the Harley pre-order DLC required a code I'm guessing that no, us NVIDIA promo people won't be getting it. Oh well.

Nine hours or less to go! WHEEE! Hopefully the new driver isn't shit.

You can see the parachute.
IUnderStoodThisReference.gif

as someone who also owns both systems I say PS4. I only use xbox one for console exclusive content. Everything else is purchased for PS4 due to performance gains. There is no reason to buy an inferior product if you have these options. platform uniformity? irrelevant as that is more a personal decision not based on any logic at all

Ok, but are there reports (or reviews) saying that performance on the Xbox One is worse than the PS4 version?

Like frame-rate, resolution, details, etc?

Thanks

Corpekata

Banned
Nobody has their hands on the Xbox version except people getting it from street breaking retailers. We won't get details for a few days after launch.

SaiyanRaoh

Bad news for Nvidia users, the game ready drivers appear to be just as bad as the last two or three before it. Among the usual chrome and Witcher crashing, Arkham Knight doesn't appear to have an SLI profile. There isn't one positive result from the Nvidia forums. Looks like I'm sticking with 350.12.

Your store region is account-bound now and, by default, set to the region within which you last successfully completed a purchase (you can change regions if the IP you're using is based in a different region -- see the drop-down box on your cart/account history page). If you click this link while logged out you'll see the countdown timer is different.

Edit: To clarify, app runtime rights are still IP-based, not tied to your chosen store region. Just remember to restart Steam after you've connected to a VPN.

This man knows what he's talking about in case any of you are unsure.

Yeah but Season Pass owners will get her DLC in August/Sept most likely. We'll see though.

Yeah I know, that was one of the reasons I was justifying holding off and waiting for a cheaper price.

WB better not pull the "this isn't part of the season pass" bullshit with some of the additional (non pre-order) content.

Bad news for Nvidia users, the game ready drivers appear to be just as bad as the last two or three before it. Among the usual chrome and Witcher crashing, Arkham Knight doesn't appear to have an SLI profile. There isn't one positive result from the Nvidia forums. Looks like I'm sticking with 350.12.

I haven't had any issues with 353.30 but I also haven't started The Witcher 3 yet...

Since the Harley pre-order DLC required a code I'm guessing that no, us NVIDIA promo people won't be getting it. Oh well.

Nine hours or less to go! WHEEE! Hopefully the new driver isn't shit.

IUnderStoodThisReference.gif

Aw really? There was that package id check I posted the other day, where it was showing the nvidia copy as the same content id as a store bought copy. It's even a separate thing if you get it off steam?

Your store region is account-bound now and, by default, set to the region within which you last successfully completed a purchase (you can change regions if the IP you're using is based in a different region -- see the drop-down box on your cart/account history page). If you click this link while logged out you'll see the countdown timer is different.

Edit: To clarify, app runtime rights are still IP-based, not tied to your chosen store region. Just remember to restart Steam after you've connected to a VPN.

Thank you saioroiseie! ^0^

Seriously still no OT?
Use detective vision to see it

GavinUK86

I've been using 353.06 since it was released with no issues and just I've updated to this new one with zero issues. Not sure what the problem is.

Seriously still no OT?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068455&highlight=batman

Jesus christ, Nvidia. Come on. 350.12 are the GTA V drivers, yes?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Seriously still no OT?

Is anyone putting it together?

BatmanBanner.jpg

There's a nice banner.

Got my Nuveem codes. Downloading the game now, though the download speed is kinda meh.

Should be able to get ~8 MB/s, only get about 4.5.... Doesn´t matter, will probably have to wait till thursday to play. Goddamn work.

@ AMD issue thingy or whatever. Will wait for benchmarks and user impressions. Getting a 290x tomorrow , if arkham knight runs shitty, i´ll play Witcher 3 until that gets worked out.

Top Bottom