• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Sorian

Banned
You guys really believe that if Kark had to come up with a role-claim the best he could have thought of is friggin' Ace the Bat Hound?

I didn't see this post. As Trigger says above, yeah, if its fake then it is obviously one that was given by Roy as a fake claim. Offroading in a cosplay game is just way too dangerous, princesses can show you why.

gryvan

I'm like the new PR guy who is trying to recover from a previous PR stunt that happened and backlashed against a community but with good intentions lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But yeah I am pro-town throughout and it is not a fake claim.

I personally fumble playing scum as you can see from a previous game because I'm still used to it but because I just came in the middle of a game and I'm triple honest as being helpful to town, all I can say is that I'm with town and I do still suspect the people kark has been involved with as I was reading (and still reading because fuck wall of text nonsense crap) through the pages.

Theres really nothing else I can say to convince you except for the people trying to push me into a lynch.

I guess the grudge from previous kark posts won't let me off the hook either but like I said I'm trying :/

Sorian

Banned
I don't see a scenario where Kark would take that name and/or come up with that power.

Well he didn't just choose a power out of thin air. From my perspective, he is most definitely the roleblocker, or is in direct communication with a roleblocker. I know you did an and/or there but I have zero doubt that he is a role blocker (claiming a teammates power just seems too risky at best).

El Topo

Well he didn't just choose a power out of thin air. From my perspective, he is most definitely the roleblocker, or is in direct communication with a roleblocker. I know you did an and/or there but I have zero doubt that he is a role blocker (claiming a teammates power just seems too risky at best).

That strategy completely backfired in Love Boat, no thanks to Kark.

I do intend to speed read through this thread once I get home from dinner, but if anybody could provide some cliff notes I'd greatly appreciate it.

roytheone

Jesus, what is with the retention rate of this game :/

Clearly, my game sucks ;__;
629.gif

Sorian

Banned
I do intend to speed read through this thread once I get home from dinner, but if anybody could provide some cliff notes I'd greatly appreciate it.

There would be so much to sum up, I'll just give you the current roles that we know and are claimed.

Flame_AC- Dead Vanilla Townie

Sky Odin - Dead Catwoman (Town Commuter)

Mazre - Dead Vanilla Townie

TL21xx- Dead James Gordon (Town Role Cop)

Camjo - Jason Todd (Town Governor and maybe more?) - Overrode Flame_AC day 1 and then told us that there is flavor in his role that hints at something possibly happening if he is targeted for a night kill.

Topo - Oracle (Town Chat Bomb) - We believe this was verified by TL21xx during his N1 investigation. Blocked scum chat D2.

Xam - Dick Grayson (Town Doctor) - Unconfirmed and uncontested

Launch - Harvey Bullock (Town Group Alignment Investigator) - Unconfirmed, he did some voting shenanigans that made it so that he claims there is one or more non-town players within the list of gryvan (Kark), Absolut (Fluxwave), Coppa, and Ty4on

gryvan/Kark - Ace the Bat Hound (Town Roleblocker) - Unconfirmed, claims to have
roleblocked Sorian N1 and Karu N2, Sorian confirms that he was roleblocked N1

Sorian - Azrael (Town ???) - Unconfirmed, is aware that he was roleblocked N1. Says his night action consists of some sort of warm up action that does not target anyone which is roleblockable and then an actual targeted action that is not blockable.

Did I miss anything?

As far as other powers that we have seen but know nothing about who did them. I am currently missing my vote. Whenever I try to vote, Roy just divides it away from the rest of the votes, the thing shows me voting underneath a header that is a corny joke, we've been assuming that means I was targeted by the Joker. weemad is currently posting in limericks, hers isn't as confirmed since Roy is not publicly involved with it but we have been assuming she was targeted by the Mad Hatter.

Ty4on

Big stuff from the back of my head:
Lynches and night kills:
D1 - Flame AC (ordinary town - lynch caused by override, had 0 votes)
N1 - SkyOdin (every second night commuter who could choose which day to start commuting and would start commuting they night he chose to start)
D2 - Mazre (ordinary town)
N2 - TL21xx (role cop - believed he cleared El Topo who claimed at the end of D1)

This isn't in perfect order. I may jump a page back every now and then.
-D1 Mazre opened up with an ordinary claim and immediately drew attention.
-Kark made an odd no lynch vote, and shortly afterwards the now famous batcomputer list.
-People pushed on what the batcomputer was and Kark said bolded were scum, italics were neutral and it was not his read list, but quote "totally objective".
-Kark was also really interested in how only 6 didn't have a vote on them.
-Several people speculated that Kark was breadcrumbing Batman.
-El Topo went against the tide in the early part of D1, most notably he posted that he was wary of read lists.
-Weemad was really active in the start in trying to prod people. Most town read her, but Flux found her suspicious.
-D1 Kark is Xam's cryptonite.
-Camjo-Z really didn't like Weemad posting that she used her own Outer Gafia thread for notes.
-Mazre made a chart of reactions to his claim.
-I threw some suspicion and made a vote on Flux which Sorian noted. After this he started pushing Flux quite hard.
-SkyOdin was against the Flux lynch and started a push against El Topo.
-It started to look like one of El Topo and Flux were going to be our lynch targets at this time.
-Then Kark decides to tie the vote.
-These votes were so crazy I wrote them down.
-Kark tied the vote 5 times with every possible vote from either of the candidates to an unvote.
-Near the end El Topo role claimed and the tide turned against Flux.
-When Flux was just one vote away from a majority Camjo-Z used his override against Flame_AC.

D2
-Kark and Sorian in a big fight.
Ok, I might post more about it later

N1 TheGoddamn was replaced by LaunchpadMcQ
Early D2 FluxWaveZ was replaced by AbsolutBro
Early D3 Karkador was replaced by gryvan

Of the players still alive:
Camjo-Z
Not super active, but has a confirmed override role. He also hinted that something would happen if he were targeted in early D2 and claimed to be Robin. Speculation that he could turn into a neutral Red Hood if killed.
Coppanuva
Has never been super active. No claims and hasn't been close to being lynched, but he is on Launch' list.
El topo
Claimed Oracle and it looks like our role cop checked him N1 and confirmed his role. He claimed on D2 to have disabled scum chat for all of D2.
Fireblend
He has been more active than Coppa, but never under any fire either. I'm pretty sure he is mostly town read, but I've personally grown a bit suspicious of him.
FluxWaveZ --> AbsolutBro
Flux was very "down" on D1 thinking that we'd just lynch a townie like normal. When suspicion grew on him he posted that if you lynched every suspicious person you'd end up with only scum remaning. He seemed apathetic on D2 and even fake claimed scum alignment several times.
Absolut hasn't made much of an impression yet, but said that he didn't understand why Flux acted the way he did.
Karkador --> gryvan
Kark is probably the most visible player. After the batcomputer deal he was also really mad at Sorian for thinking Camjo was confirmed townie after his override.
Karu
He has been really quiet and gotten a lot of suspicion, though he hasn't been a lynch target yet. He mentioned something about scum having two kills which Wee pushed him a bit on in the beginning of D2. Sorian thought he seemed flustered and voted for him
Pop-o-matic
Your replacement. He's been fairly quiet, but he has also not been super suspicious and posted a couple of bigger posts with some reads. Complete null for me though and there is nothing making him town for me though.
Sorian
As always Sorian has the most posts. He has been in a conflict with Kark and has claimed his role name and that he has a role which is wind up and can't be stopped by a night kill.
TheGoddamn --> LaunchpadMcQ
He was also suspicious of Camjo-Z on D2. He said that he had however just as he replaced Goddamn used his ability on Camjo-Z. That role would tell him if everyone voting on him on D2 were town or not and his result was that at least one were not town. Kark, AB, Coppa and Ty4on voted for Camjo-Z.
Trigger
Also quite quiet. He has drawn some suspicion though.
Ty4on
I dunno.
weemadarthur
Very active, but also jumps on a lot of conclusions and was hard on Mazre who flipped town.
Xamtheking
Much more quiet than normal, but has claimed doctor.

Camjo-Z

We have a lot of town PR claims. If we believe what everyone's told us so far, here is what we apparently have:

- A mayor + second ability (Camjo, confirmed)
- A commuter (SkyOdin, confirmed)
- A mafia chat bomber (El Topo, reasonably confirmed)
- A role cop (TL21xx, confirmed)
- A doctor (Xam)
- A group investigator (Launch)
- A roleblocker (Karkador)
- A wind-up thingy (Sorian)

Meanwhile, the mafia abilities seen so far are generally more annoying than dangerous. Do we really think there's a town roleblocker in play to stop such powerful mafia as "vote stealer" and "limerick curser", or does it seem more likely that it's a mafia roleblocker? Alternately, do we think a town roleblocker exists specifically to balance out all of these roles without rewarding town for eliminating him?

Personally, I think the simplest answer is that Kark is just a mafia roleblocker trying to claim his power to gain some legitimacy, or perhaps a vanilla mafia covering for a buddy so they can continue to block the claimed doc, as no other claimed town PRs right now are particularly affected by a roleblocker at this point.

Ty4on

Meanwhile, the mafia abilities seen so far are generally more annoying than dangerous. Do we really think there's a town roleblocker in play to stop such powerful mafia as "vote stealer" and "limerick curser", or does it seem more likely that it's a mafia roleblocker? Alternately, do we think a town roleblocker exists specifically to balance out all of these roles without rewarding town for eliminating him?

Personally, I think the simplest answer is that Kark is just a mafia roleblocker trying to claim his power to gain some legitimacy, or perhaps a vanilla mafia covering for a buddy so they can continue to block the claimed doc, as no other claimed town PRs right now are particularly affected by a roleblocker at this point.

I haven't thought about it, but a scum team with the vote disabler and limericker seems kinda weak with the roles we know of. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the spells we've seen today came from a neutral like in Love Boat.

Sorian

Banned
I haven't thought about it, but a scum team with the vote disabler and limericker seems kinda weak with the roles we know of. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the spells we've seen today came from a neutral like in Love Boat.

The visible PRs at least. That still leaves a minimum of 2 that could be doing anything (*cough* role blocking *cough*

There's a thing that you never know if the person waking up every morning really is you or just someone with all of your memories. You also have the teleporter paradox which is related to this.

I was applying that to the day/night cycle in this game. How do you know that the player starting every day isn't you replacing yourself?

Why do I feel like this is some weird soft claim?

Sorian

Banned
Scum can't use 4 powers at the same time if it's a team of 4 though. 1 has to make the kill.

We have no clue if that is true or not. It seems likely because powers seem to have gone unused night 1 but it's hardly unprecedented that scum could kill and use their power in the same night.

Ty4on

We have no clue if that is true or not. It seems likely because powers seem to have gone unused night 1 but it's hardly unprecedented that scum could kill and use their power in the same night.

Or they were role blocked. Neither explains why two "visible" roles didn't show up on D2.

Sorian

Banned
Or they were role blocked. Neither explains why two "visible" roles didn't show up on D2.

The limerick, I agree, that should just be out everyday I'd think. The vote thing seems useless at this juncture, I obviously haven't cared much since there are still 14 players. Basically I wouldn't have used the vote n1 either but the limerick missing is odd. They could also just be x-shot powers which answers it as well.

Ty4on

Nothing easier to seem town than faking that you got hit by a power.

The issue is if we don't have anyone hit by a spell like the limerick the next day then Wee is going to look mighty suspicious. I think it's safer to hit yourself in both cases (limerick and vote thingy).

El Topo

The issue is if we don't have anyone hit by a spell like the limerick the next day then Wee is going to look mighty suspicious. I think it's safer to hit yourself in both cases (limerick and vote thingy).

We had Election mafia, where a power to silence a player (who found a really clever loophole) was only used once.

Sorian

Banned
Nothing easier to seem town than faking that you got hit by a power.

We did this in night vale too, if no one ends up limericked tomorrow then it might be worth talking about if she was faking.

I'm also well aware that Kark's theory was that I hit myself with this. Not really much I can say against that other than I didn't.

vote: coppanuva

Not a great feel for this vote honestly, but I believe gryvan for now. I'm sure that does nothing to reassure people who thought Flux and/or myself are scum though.

Coppanuva

I have a few questions for you:
Why were you so willing to comply with Kark's wishes yesterday? You asked if he wanted to swap out, then when he said "No, come in the group instead" you went along with it. Prior to that, you hadn't talked about your opinion of him much in this game.

I still want your answers to these ty4on. I posted this before the 24 hour break, and you've posted since ignoring them. Just to make sure it gets in your headlights:

Vote: ty4on

Ty4on

I still want your answers to these ty4on. I posted this before the 24 hour break, and you've posted since ignoring them. Just to make sure it gets in your headlights:

Vote: ty4on
I didn't really think about it. When he asked me to join him I had no reason not to and wrote that I could switch in case of vote shenanigans. Reading back Launch specified that he wanted a certain range, but I never caught that.

"Camjo - Jason Todd (Town Governor and maybe more?) - Overrode Flame_AC day 1 and then told us that there is flavor in his role that hints at something possibly happening if he is targeted for a night kill."

How do we know this role is a town role? Override was a scum role in Dangan. Granted in that game it gave away that the user was scum, but I could see it being modified to not reveal that.

Also when did Xam claim doctor? Did he also claim ability to self target?

Ty4on

I would say Xam claimed doctor late-ish D2 when he got some suspicion. He had been breadcrumbing it by posting FF mafia references and the lead up is him asking what they meant.

Regarding Camjo you can see a lot of discussion about that in D2 around page 10-15 IIRC. Kark and Sorian especially went in really hard against each other.

Sorian

Banned
"Camjo - Jason Todd (Town Governor and maybe more?) - Overrode Flame_AC day 1 and then told us that there is flavor in his role that hints at something possibly happening if he is targeted for a night kill."

How do we know this role is a town role? Override was a scum role in Dangan. Granted in that game it gave away that the user was scum, but I could see it being modified to not reveal that.

Also when did Xam claim doctor? Did he also claim ability to self target?

I'm not starting this again but a governor with no direct balance that is not town aligned is ridiculous. There was a reason DR needed to reveal instantly that the player was scum, the power was just too OP when scum can just force a mislynch whenever they want.

As for Xam, he tried to hint at me that he was a doctor by giving a Blarg-lite puzzle. He then starting revealing too much and I just revealed the answer to the puzzle and he claimed. This was late-ish day 2 as said above. He never said anything about whether he can self-target or not if I recall and I don't know why you are asking but that doesn't need an answer.

Ty4on

When Xam started really hinting at his role:
Sometimes I forget things
I am easily the worst forum mafia player here
----

Hey Sorian
Let me give you a hint
I have already slightly breadcrumbed my role on D1
And I shall now possibly provide a bit more information
My hope is for you, who I believe is Town, to be able to solve the puzzle without me having to full-on claim
Clue 2: Once, I was a five-headed dragon who liked to kill people.
When Xam claimed outright:
Yes I am indeed the Doctor
Roy made so many dick jokes
SO MANY

He hinted at D1 FF where the doctor was lynched. That player, UltraJay, was a five headed dragon in NV.

This was late-ish day 2 as said above. He never said anything about whether he can self-target or not if I recall and I don't know why you are asking but that doesn't need an answer.

I dont want him to claim any more than he already has. I was just wondering if he had.

Anyway I'm going to read the thread hopefully tomorrow if school work doesn't get in the way. So much seems to have occurred already that it looks like ignoring the previous days isn't really viable.

Camjo-Z

Xam surviving is kinda suspicious honestly. I'm surprised that scum wouldn't try to target him in anyway.

If maf has a roleblocker it makes sense that they'd keep him alive. Just keep him blocked while you hit whatever target you please. The longer a claimed doctor stays alive, the more suspicion he draws because of what an obvious kill he is.

Fireblend

Banned
Checking in. I'm all caught up with the thread (another replacement? well at least pop has been a constant null-read for me mostly), but I don't have much to say at the moment. I feel like lynching Karkyvan is still our best bet and what will yield the most info on both the 4 player list and whether his gambits had some ulterior motive or where actually reaction-fishing attempts like I so wanted to believe.

Sorian

Banned
If maf has a roleblocker it makes sense that they'd keep him alive. Just keep him blocked while you hit whatever target you please. The longer a claimed doctor stays alive, the more suspicion he draws because of what an obvious kill he is.

I'm aware that a role blocker would solve this fairly easily and that I'm suspicious of Kark/gryvan anyway but keeping the doctor alive for a bit feels like standard procedure at this point. I feel like scum does this a lot hoping to draw an easy lynch on them when suspicion runs high and in the meantime, they just pick at less expected targets, Xam himself has said that he sat on Kark two nights in a row now, it's not hard to figure out that they can just dance around Kark if he is town and lol if/when Kark/gryvan flip as scum.

Top Bottom