• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

lol I think a scum team saving you because you're cool has some pretty skewed priorities.

lol
If the role included an extra night kill, it could mean the difference between Lylo and straight to a win, depending on the lynch and the scum quantity. Or Mylo maybe. I am not good at the math yet which is I don't often use those terms.

Think about it
If Trigger isn't lying, and we lynch Sorian today (we probably will, rip) and Sorian is town, scum wins with 4 v 4 after they kill me to win
If we lynch trigger, we remove a few deaths at the cost of a voluntary town lynch

Sorian

Banned
Think about it
If Trigger isn't lying, and we lynch Sorian today (we probably will, rip) and Sorian is town, scum wins with 4 v 4 after they kill me to win
If we lynch trigger, we remove a few deaths at the cost of a voluntary town lynch

Not a few deaths necessarily. I agree that Strange might become a survivor if he fails his objective but he could just as easily be removed from the game as a loser too. If that is the case then we just end up at 5 v 4 in that math. So sure, we buy an extra day but then what? We sit here and deal with me all day again?

Sorian

Banned
Not a few deaths necessarily. I agree that Strange might become a survivor if he fails his objective but he could just as easily be removed from the game as a loser too. If that is the case then we just end up at 5 v 4 in that math. So sure, we buy an extra day but then what? We sit here and deal with me all day again?

And actually without that math, it would be 6 vs 4 if Strange stays in, that is still just one mislynch left. I'll admit that the pro is we would have a smaller player pool to look at.

Fireblend

Banned
Did you opinion on Coppa also change, or did you just get more suspicious of Kark/gryvan?

Not really. I'll admit I've been mostly piggybacking off of others' reads of Coppa to vote him, but now I'm pretty certain due to the Launch list and his vote on Sorian instead of you.

While you're back there, I'm pretty sure I null read Trigger day 1 and then started town reading him after you had some weird back and forth with him. I don't think I ever scum read him past "he has been inactive"
Noted. I would edit that to Null if I was allowed to.
Trigger feels a bit too willing to let Flux go, but then again his voting record makes it difficult to after him for that. Flux did pick up a bit of a bandwagon right before he dropped out though, maybe that'll be eventually useful.

Fireblend being a bit negative here.

Side note: damn you all who used the term "trigger happy" and related terms. This is really tedious.

Camjo-Z

Think about it

If you think there are 4 maf then you must logically conclude that weemad/Corn/Launch/Coppa are the full scum team, because otherwise they'd just hammer Sorian and instantly win. Do you genuinely believe that, even after Trigger has revealed that Corn and weemad didn't move on certain days? Even after weemad did the limerick gambit?

Sorian

Banned
If you think there are 4 maf then you must logically conclude that weemad/Corn/Launch/Coppa are the full scum team, because otherwise they'd just hammer Sorian and instantly win. Do you genuinely believe that, even after Trigger has revealed that Corn and weemad didn't move on certain days? Even after weemad did the limerick gambit?

I like how you removed yourself from the possibility of being scum. I'm aware that I don't think you are scum but apparently, that is not the only logical conclusion considering we now know that full on town was banging the drum that being a mayor doesn't mean you are town.

Couple additional comments by people
Trigger just came in and voted for Mazre then subtly put in a rumble that he could be convinced to go for Kark instead which was so off hand that I could take it as scum doing something (could be a post that he points back to saying "hah, I knew it!" if Kark flipped scum or "I didn't bandwagon, I was planning to vote for Kark" if he needs to hop aboard a train at day end to a mislynch).

My initial thoughts on D2 is that I don't like Trigger's contribution. They seem a bit bandwagony and poorly reasoned.
I argued with trigger for a while about him sheeping, this is a summary.
Trigger, are you in love with me or something?

If agreeing with someone is sheeping then sure? You're far from the only person I've agreed with.

Trigger, it's not silly. The only times you agreed with me in Princess were when I was wrong about something. Feels the same.
respond to the interaction
This whole interaction between Trigger and weemad is pushing Trigger up my town list a bit. The defense seems very taken aback. Like Trigger is confused why this is an issue, it almost makes it look like it's coincidental. I say almost though, it's still unclear.

A new attack and defense.
Trigger demonstrates much less reasoning in choosing Topo - he just wants to "test the Batcomputer". But rather than nominating someone on the scum list, as if that is the preferred thing to test on a list with mafia and a neutral.

Trigger, I choose you.

VOTE: Trigger

Karker Spaniel, I agree with you on Trigger being Scum, but I'd like for a Mazre lynch to happen today. What do you think about that?

Camjo-Z

I like how you removed yourself from the possibility of being scum. I'm aware that I don't think you are scum but apparently, that is not the only logical conclusion considering we now know that full on town was banging the drum that being a mayor doesn't mean you are town.

Ah, the guy who spent Day 2 fighting tooth and nail against Kark to prove I was town, now trying to suggest I'm a suspect again. Reeks of desperation!

Feel free to explain the rest of the class why a mafia member wasted an amazingly good power saving two townies on Day 1. I'll wait.

Can we just lynch the guy who's on the list and hasn't really been here that much and hasn't even claimed, I think, Coppanuva?
Or you guys wanna lose with Sorian

I mean either way... the batcomputer did two things... Kark has a greatnotgreat reason to vote for Trigger and people argue about scum's decision to kill Sky, but to what end?
Karu hasn't talked about trigger much, here's one statement

Then more from Sorian, and some starting thoughts from Fireblend
He was the first to bring it up and allowed sheep like Trigger to follow.

I'm fine with anyone from Karu, Xam, or Coppa for reasons I've made exceedingly clear all day long. I doubt I have interest in anyone else unless someone makes a damn good case but I'm not seeing it on Trigger and neither Kark's nor weemad's pressing so far has led to much there.

Vote: Trigger

Just trying it on for size.

As far as Trigger goes, don't anticipate me changing my vote there. I'm not feeling that lynch. Call it gut but I've led a lynch on town Trigger before, his attitude towards weemad earlier to the stalking felt exactly the same. Trigger seems to be very tone deaf to scummy things, reminds me of StarSketch a bit in that regard. There are better targets.

Sorian

Banned
Ah, the guy who spent Day 2 fighting tooth and nail against Kark to prove I was town, now trying to suggest I'm a suspect again. Reeks of desperation!

Feel free to explain the rest of the class why a mafia member wasted an amazingly good power saving two townies on Day 1. I'll wait.

I'm not suggesting you are a suspect? I think you are town but it's laughably suspicious when you try to strong arm Xam while also excluding your own name.

Xam and Wee having thoughts
Top Scum:
Mazre - Again, he's still scummy to me, not much has changed
Trigger - Work in progress right now, need to spend more time re-reading the thread.

Today I want to lynch an inactive.

Previously inactive were
TL
Coppanuva
Trigger

But they've contributed more on day two. I'll need to check over the content again before making a solid read, but if they're participating I'm willing to look elsewhere today.

Well, I personally thought Trigger might be a bit scummy because at the time I thought he started an El Topo lynch train but while re-reading for Batcomputer stuff I found this wasn't the case. However, some of Trigger's recent behavior has brought it back into the limelight for me.

I was going to make fun of this but I guess you mean that you think he might revert to regular survivor if he doesn't do whatever, which makes sense, yeah.

Yes, that's what I mean. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt
and not being rude yeeeeeeesh

Fireblend voting for trigger and requesting reads from others

Leaving vote on Trigger for now, I want to see which way the vote swings without my super-godly-towny influence amongst the more popular lynch alternatives.

So, what do you guys think of Trigger?

My thoughts are about the same as the last time I commented on him:

If anything, he is a little bit better because I think suspicion on him didn't really go anywhere and he could have just sunk back into the background but he's been proactive the last few hours commenting a lot on both Xam's claim and the recent back and forth on Launch's vote thing.

Less scummy than 2-3 others. Actually participating. I'm holding off til later, bar changes/more information.

See, I'm kind of more suspicious of Trigger than yesterday. Beyond what I already said about agreeing with Kark's theory, I feel like if any of the prominent lynch candidates had been scum, me voting for Trigger would have caused some increase in traction in that direction, in order to push somewhere else. But it didn't happen, and I wonder why. Kark's argument sounded good to me so I wonder why it + my vote didn't sound good to anyone else.

Yeah, I'm not feeling great about Trigger either.

I haven't had a lot of time this phrase to read up and have barely been able to keep up. Mazre, Karu and Trigger are all scummy in their own way.

I think this is topo's first comment on trigger
Also I would like to say that we should maybe respect Mazre's last thoughts and grill Trigger.
I continued to point out sheeping
Trigger waited briefly then voted with Wee
As he's done every vote up to day three,
Sorian again. Man, your posts are hard to trim.
Anyway, yes, odds say that scum probably snuck into this vote somewhere. My personal suspicions are on Trigger, Xam, Ty4on, Karu, and Launch.
I still stand by what I thought yesterday in that Trigger seems to be acting like his town self to me so he is off my personal list.

Camjo-Z

I'm not suggesting you are a suspect? I think you are town but it's laughably suspicious when you try to strong arm Xam while also excluding your own name.

Yeah, no. I'm not gonna be all "well guys l-let's not forget I could be maf..." when town needs to whittle down the list of suspects as much as possible and I've cleared myself about as much as a mayor can.

My day three read
Also suspicious
For more than that list shiz,
Are coppa and trigger, to look at, the next day.
Ty's day three read
Trigger
Also quite quiet. He has drawn some suspicion though.

And finally Trigger, which is probably the most worrying because he hasn't voted a single time today. Trigger's conversation with weemad yesterday still looked like town Trigger to me but I can't really just ignore the inactivity and distancing from the game that seems to be going on here. Something else for me to consider.
I think launchpad's first mention of trigger
If trigger has something on Kark, I'd like to hear it before lynching gryven
Dunno if this quote is defending either party. The one who would be lying is coppa.
Because he is lying and if he is telling the truth then that means Trigger is a scum tracker. There is no purpose to a sleepwalker unless it is throwing off a scum tracker.

That was days 1-3, for day four, reread.

9 players of the 12 that are still alive mentioned trigger as a third party. And remove trigger himself from the discussion.

Coppanuva had a minor disagreement with trigger day one, which they resolved.

I don't think Pop-Corn has ever interacted with, or spoken of, trigger.

So, that's everyone.

Sorian

Banned
What are you proposing his action is, though? It did nothing to Kark, as far as we can see.

As far as we can see is the key phrase. I'm sorry, I don't buy the sleepwalker claim at all especially now with the claimed tracker being batman.

Why would scum need a cop in this game? There don't seem to be any neutrals who can kill their choice of target.

To find PRs to prioritize kills on later nights. I still think that's how they found TL21.

Because the loudest person is on the block and usually loud people make a lot of noise at their own death. Seems pretty par.

I'd accept that argument if you were the only one talking. I just spent a lot of time trimming your posts to a single subject matter, and I'm exhausted.

Sorian

Banned
There are like 2 people left on that list.

And in possible mylo now and definite mylo tomorrow that 2 person list is a pretty scary thing to work through. It's all a WIFOM game, I also said earlier that maybe scum did it so that we focused MORE on the list since now it was a 50/50 shot. It's hard to say but this move was done to make us consider the list, not necessarily to ignore it or follow it to a t, but to WIFOM it and eat up discussion time today.

Sorian

Banned
I'd accept that argument if you were the only one talking. I just spent a lot of time trimming your posts to a single subject matter, and I'm exhausted.

Well of course more people are talking. I'm trying to stay engaged as much as I can and people are naturally going to engage back. When we've had quiet people getting lynched the last couple days then things went really "smooth" in terms of push back because they weren't fighting (gryvan and Mazre). Day 1 was a zoo once we were down to Topo and Flux, mostly because Flux was also a loud player.

Ty4on

I mean WIFOM'ing the list could have been done by just letting town gamble on a 33% chance. If we mislynched naturally and put it down to a 50/50 gamble then we'd be in the same situation.
AB received zero votes yesterday so they probably felt confident that he wouldn't be lynched.

After Love Boat I think it's a mistake to assume every kill scum decision is 100% rational. If they wanted to cause WIFOM they've certainly succeeded when we're having this conversation and people genuinely thought me or Coppa could have been a neutral. From my perspective it's kind of genius because Coppa was looking like the obvious target yesterday, but not right now.

Sorian

Banned
To throw doubt on the list, or Coppa is the neutral and in that case we get to save Trigger

To be exhaustive, it is even possible for Coppa to be the neutral? This Hugo Strange that Trigger detailed sounds like he wouldn't have a night action and we know that Coppa does.

I don't quite understand you question. The whole group? I mean Coppa isn't close to being lynched compared to you.

I was asking is Coppa not the obvious target to you or not the obvious target to town as a whole. I'm aware he isn't close to being lynched compared to me but your post almost reads like you, in particular, also don't think he is the best choice.

Ty4on

I was asking is Coppa not the obvious target to you or not the obvious target to town as a whole. I'm aware he isn't close to being lynched compared to me but your post almost reads like you, in particular, also don't think he is the best choice.
Sorry, I meant that he was the obvious choice to both me and the group.

Ty4on

Appending reply to Sorian:
By genius I mean for scum. And from my perspective I mean that from it Coppa is almost confirmed scum. They've created a situation where Coppa might not be lynched when he was looking like the obvious target after almost being lynched yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
Appending reply to Sorian:
By genius I mean for scum. And from my perspective I mean that from it Coppa is almost confirmed scum. They've created a situation where Coppa might not be lynched when he was looking like the obvious target after almost being lynched yesterday.

Yeah, I get what you are saying now. I thought you were saying that this move had somehow colored your personal belief of Coppa being scum (or "non-town" I guess) and I was going to question why you had your vote on him and how your mind could be changed when theoretically, you should be the most sure of Coppa's guilt (and vice-versa) unless you didn't believe Launch. I just misread/misunderstood your first post in this chain though, I think.

To be exhaustive, it is even possible for Coppa to be the neutral? This Hugo Strange that Trigger detailed sounds like he wouldn't have a night action and we know that Coppa does.
I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral was also a cop
and bulletproof and ascetic and an SK
but seriously, if Hugo's job is to keep Trigger alive, he might get some tools to help with that

Sorian

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if the neutral was also a cop
and bulletproof and ascetic and an SK
but seriously, if Hugo's job is to keep Trigger alive, he might get some tools to help with that

Well he certainly isn't the type of neutral that can look for his target each night since Trigger is under the impression that Hugo has known who he was from the start.

Top Bottom