• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Refund Tally

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Bought my key from a different third party seller, and doubt they will do refunds. I'm just considering my $30 to be a sunk cost that i'm never getting back, and bought the PS4 version of the game last night.

You are just reinforcing the bad behavior by devs and publishers.
Why reward them twice for garbage development?

Kriken

Bad ports happen on every platform.
I remember Skyrim PS3, Bayonetta PS3, Borderlands 2 Vita, Ultra Street Fighter PS4 and many others since my early C64 days.
There's no excuse for developers, they have to understand that this is bad for everyone involved.

The fact that Iron Galaxy Studios worked on that as well cracks me up

I'm currently trying to get a refund from GMG, they denied me at first, but that was before the blog post went up, so fingers crossed

Edit: My ticket has been re-opened

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Steam will obviously take the game away from your library but what about GMG? Can't anyone just claim that their game doesn't work and get their money back?

I'm surprised they did this. They have sold me non functional keys in the past and they were refusing to refund me even though I provided them with every possible piece of proof

Kiant

Wow, GMG just totally blew me off and wanted my dxdiag *rolls eyes*.

I know they might have the policy of no refund on activated keys but expecting to know how a product is before I test it, is a bit bullshit.

Perun

Getting a refund on GMG for the base game after they'll release the patch, at least that's what the email they sent me said.

Batman is a very big and important game, so I don't think we just have to make developers aware that we won't tolerate bad pc ports.
We should use this as an opportunity to put the whole bad port thing under the light, despite the platform.
It's non only an issue for pc gamers; everyone should be involved because this shit happens on every platform and it need to stop.

Getting a refund on GMG for the base game after they'll release the patch, at least that's what the email they sent me said.

i hope this is the case for me. got it from GMG and cant get passed the opening cutscene.

Hoping to get a refund and ill just get it on consoles

Unfortunately I got a code with my 980. I'm not really out anything, but there's no way to send a message.

I really just wanted the Witcher code, anyway.

Perun

i hope this is the case for me. got it from GMG and cant get passed the opening cutscene.

Hoping to get a refund and ill just get it on consoles

There's an official statement from GMG, you should get a refund if the game is still broken after the patch. And it will be broken, trust me.

I understand that folks can do what they like with their money, but it kind of stinks to see people buying the game twice despite the terrible port. Pretty obvious why this continues to be a problem within the industry. Put out a terrible product, don't worry, folks will just buy it for another system as well.

Vitor711

2 more gmg refunds. Surprised not to see more people claiming them via steam. I guess that preorder deal at 40% off was huge.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Steam just processed my refund request. I had a bunch of Steam Wallet credit, which is why I didn't go for the GMG discount like others did. Hopefully WB actually gets the game straightened out in the future.

Logic88

Neo Member
I just asked GMG for a refund, the game is so broken it's unreal. I can't believe anyone could think this is fit for purpose for sale in the UK or anywhere in the world really. This really just makes me want to always buy directly through steam in future where I can get a refund a lot lot easier.

On a different note, I hope the reaction to this port has driven the point home to other publishers who release bad ports for pc that people aren't going to accept it, now more than ever, But I really doubt they'll care...

Tymerend

I requested the refund on Steam yesterday.

The only reason I pre-ordered it in the first place is simply because they've made the refund process so easy. I just wanted to have it pre-installed and ready to go at launch.

I understand that folks can do what they like with their money, but it kind of stinks to see people buying the game twice despite the terrible port. Pretty obvious why this continues to be a problem within the industry. Put out a terrible product, don't worry, folks will just buy it for another system as well.

So you think buying PS4 games continually support bad PC ports?

The PS4 version is a good product, buy that product.

So you think buying PS4 games continually support bad PC ports?

The PS4 version is a good product, buy that product.
Maybe you misunderstood.

I think buying a game, receiving a terrible product that in some cases can't be refunded, then repurchasing that game a second time supports bad industry practices. Do I expect people to not buy the ps4 version at all? No, nor did I say that. But it still seems like buying the PC version only to buy it on ps4 right after only rewards the bad practice. Not saying don't buy it at all, but to buy it twice? It's whatever I guess, no wonder games continually release broken and buggy.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I am giving them one chance - waiting for secret sauce patch. If it doesn't run like what was shown in game works video from Nvidia, then I'll process my refund through GMG. Also it's gonna be my last purchase from Warner Bros on both PC and PS4, unless that game runs as expected.

spicy cho

You're definitely not getting any money back. But I sent Nvidia customer support an email asking for them to offer me another game instead of this one. Fat chance but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also realized if that were to happen it could very well be a Ubisoft title to be offered in it's place. Oh, the irony.
What email address did you send your email to? Never mind just saw your reply up top

gmg withholding refunds until the supposed miracle patch (which we know it's most likely going to take several over the course of weeks/months to fix it) is crap. can't people in europe get one immediately? unless i'm misreading

Spartix

Well stupid me accidentally left the game going when I had to leave the house for a while. Come back to 6 hours played. Now steam wont do a refund and I am stuck with this trash. My own fault, still sucks though.

DSix

Banned
Super nice of GMG to offer a refund if the patch is bad. I hope WB feels the pressure.

Edit: or maybe not? I need to try it myself it seems.

vg260

People who bought the PC version are upset at WB, but still want to play the game should buy it used.

Buying it again on the PS4 new is sending the wrong message. It's not even just shrugging it off, but helps to reinforce this behavior.

Vitor711

Tallied up the answers above - included the people who are on the fence and waiting for Patch 1 since intent is there.

Steam count is more concrete.

People who bought the PC version are upset at WB, but still want to play the game should buy it used.

Buying it again on the PS4 new is sending the wrong message. It's not even just shrugging it off, but helps to reinforce this behavior.

Who needs a spine when you can have Batmans

BibiMaghoo

I get that it's a shitty port and the Steam reviews are the lowest I have ever seen, but what is the purpose of counting how many people get refunds? I don't understand what that is for. There are two threads at least where people are talking about how shit it is, counting refunds seems....childish, for want of a better word. Like you want a number to throw at the devs, but they will know how many people have had refunds anyway.

Vitor711

I get that it's a shitty port and the Steam reviews are the lowest I have ever seen, but what is the purpose of counting how many people get refunds? I don't understand what that is for. There are two threads at least where people are talking about how shit it is, counting refunds seems....childish, for want of a better word. Like you want a number to throw at the devs, but they will know how many people have had refunds anyway.

It's just for curiosity honestly. I'm also interested in seeing how many people on Gaf are actually willing to go through with the refund instead of just talking about it.

Unless a game is specifically designed for the pc it is always buy at your own risk. You all should know that by now. Developers do not have time or resources to perfect the game on consoles and also do some super duper pc version. Get real and be thankful the game even is on pc at all

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Man, some really big games sucking ass on PC lately. MKX and now this. At least I have GTAV to play.

This is exactly what I was saying. Giving them
Double the money because one version of the game was broken.

Spazznid

Got reg version on steam and got a refund after I could no longer progress through the story due to crashing upon firing my rockets...

I am giving them one chance - waiting for secret sauce patch. If it doesn't run like what was shown in game works video from Nvidia, then I'll process my refund through GMG. Also it's gonna be my last purchase from Warner Bros on both PC and PS4, unless that game runs as expected.
Yeah, this is where I am.

Although I'd probably rebuy the game down the line if problems were solved and it was heavily discounted.

I will never buy a Warner Bros game at release again, though.

Wow what a brilliant strategy... release a broken game on PC so people can buy it again on console. WB is crafty! It's not an ethical strategy that I support but it seems to be working for them based on the responses in this thread.

Unless a game is specifically designed for the pc it is always buy at your own risk. You all should know that by now. Developers do not have time or resources to perfect the game on consoles and also do some super duper pc version. Get real and be thankful the game even is on pc at all

Warner doesn't have resources to make a quality PC version? Are some of you guys Warner employees cus these comments are ridiculous.

Vitor711

Really dude? Good luck having anyone on Gaf agree with you here. Most people realise that devs have limited time/money - what they hope for at least is that the PC version gets farmed out to a competent contractor.

Also, when a game like The Witcher 3 sells 1.6m copies on PC within its first 2 weeks, we shouldn't be 'thankful' we got the game at all. Devs should want to do a good job so they can make a profit. Out of the 4m TW3 sold altogether, nearly half of that came from PC where the margins are higher.

Top Bottom