• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Refund Tally

There's an official statement from GMG, you should get a refund if the game is still broken after the patch. And it will be broken, trust me.

i would hope they wouldnt do this, but to avoid refunds could WB just....not patch the game for like a month? Really make it work, but leave it unplayable for a very long time

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Unless a game is specifically designed for the pc it is always buy at your own risk. You all should know that by now. Developers do not have time or resources to perfect the game on consoles and also do some super duper pc version. Get real and be thankful the game even is on pc at all

What a shitty attitude.

Unless a game is specifically designed for the pc it is always buy at your own risk. You all should know that by now. Developers do not have time or resources to perfect the game on consoles and also do some super duper pc version. Get real and be thankful the game even is on pc at all

You can't be serious.

Randam

Quiet a lot who bought the pc version and then bought a console versions, because of how broken the PC version is.

Don't think I would have done that.
Even for a game I was really excited about.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

LMAO. The fuck is this?

"The console-focused game that is developed on PC first gets a shit PC 'port.' Just be thankful you get it in the first place."

No, fuck you and fuck the "entitled gamers" horse you rode in on.

GMG - Base game.
I requested my pre-purchase be canceled right before all this hoopla began as I'd just gotten note I can get a 970 shortly, which still comes with a voucher for this game. But it was too late for that as the key got sent like an hour later. Then now I'm requesting a refund on account of the game being lousy.

This grace period GMG is giving Warner Bros to the detriment of their customers is a bunch of ass. It's not ok to hold refunds for X amount of days for a busted game you sold. If a game's a mess and a customer asks for a refund, just give it. People bought the game expecting it to be fit for purpose now, not at some arbitrary point in the future.

With that said, I suppose things could've been worse. And to some degree, shame on me for being fooled by the £21 price tag against my better judgment. But most of all, fuck Warner Bros.

doomquake

It is freaking amazing that Steam offers refunds now (with you being able to get 100% of the money back simply if you want to get a refund basically..no reason required) but..noone is getting them. There are like fucking 8000 reviews for batman..ALL negative pretty much with these fools with like 15-20+ hours of gameplay on record..wtf. So baically everyone is just playing this game and talking shit about it and complaining..and then playing it some more.

Everything about this attitude pisses me off. People pay good money for a product, but when that product performs like shit we should be grateful? Fuck that noise. If the product's quality is sub-par they should lower the price, if they don't then they deserve every ounce of criticism. Personally I am never buying another WB game at launch, ever.

In what other industry is this line of thinking even considered rational? You buy a car, but when your breaks malfunction you should just stop complaining and be grateful they made it in the first place? Or you buy a washing machine, and 20% of the time it ruins your clothing, or you purchase a movie ticket and three quarters through the movie the screen goes black.

Please explain in what scenario the idea of "I paid money for a product but I can't have any expectations or complain/refund when the product is shit" is considered rational.

I swear to god, today's gamers have been brainwashed into believing that getting fucked over every step of the way and getting shitty ports and shitty day one patches and fixes and having games ripped apart for pre-order DLC is perfectly acceptable and that people should never complain.

All that's missing now is people throwing the word "entitlement" around.

Tagyhag

I better see a low-ass number on Steamspy.

Publishers shouldn't be getting away with this, and we really have to start voting with our wallets.

This attitude scares me because the suits see people like you Gambit, and assume that since some people are ok with getting taken advantaged of, then others will be too.

Nobody has to bend over to shit practices.

doomquake

I better see a low-ass number on Steamspy.

Publishers shouldn't be getting away with this, and we really have to start voting with our wallets.

This attitude scares me because the suits see people like you Gambit, and assume that since some people are ok with getting taken advantaged of, then others will be too.

Nobody has to bend over to shit practices.

we can't .. its just a fact that we are just sheeple consumers who dont have the strength to get a refund.

Vitor711

It is freaking amazing that Steam offers refunds now (with you being able to get 100% of the money back simply if you want to get a refund basically..no reason required) but..noone is getting them. There are like fucking 8000 reviews for batman..ALL negative pretty much with these fools with like 15-20+ hours of gameplay on record..wtf. So baically everyone is just playing this game and talking shit about it and complaining..and then playing it some more.

That's another reason I'm doing this - everyone talks about getting a refund but let's see how many actually do. For now, only have a couple of confirmed Steam ones and the rest are 'potential' GMG cancellations that are dependent on the next patch hitting.

Qassim

I refunded my Steam version, just the standard pre-order version, no season pass or premium edition.

I don't think anyone is asking for a super duper PC verison, they're asking for a version that meets some what is expected as minimum from a PC game. The vast majority of developers (AAA publishers included) do fine with this.

Kamina

Golden Boy
0394_gfkj7.gif

Vitor711

So, steam refunds are actually a decent amount. Even if the game gets fixed, I think I'll be refunding my Season Pass on principle, there's no way it should have launched like this and WB's PR responses have been seriously lacking.

doomquake

So, steam refunds are actually a decent amount. Even if the game gets fixed, I think I'll be refunding my Season Pass on principle, there's no way it should have launched like this and WB's PR responses have been seriously lacking.

I dont get the mentality of GAMERS..yeah im just gonna lump them into a stereotype because I am noticing a lot of shared character traits and behavior from individuals I meet on forums, steam and ps4. You can get a refund on steam..you can't on ps4. It says in huge text when you buy a game on PSN - "NO REFUNDS!" . So..you would expect people will jump on the opportunity to simply return a game after 2 hours..OR AT LEAST READ about the opportunity they have so they dont suddenly realize they could have refunded a game they hatefully played for 2 hours and then just rage quit. So anyway - you get a fucking refund...you can buy the game IMMIDEATELY once you feel the problems are solved...you could probably get ANOTHER refund if the game is still broken. But dont just whine and bitch about it because they WILL NOT FIX YOUR GAME unless you excercise your power to let them know with your WALLET that this shit doesnt STAND.

fuck

vg260

I would refund my nvidia voucher if I could. I wouldn't have bought a new card if it weren't for this game either. :(

This is really infuriating.

Protomanx13

Neo Member
Everything about this attitude pisses me off. People pay good money for a product, but when that product performs like shit we should be grateful? Fuck that noise. If the product's quality is sub-par they should lower the price, if they don't then they deserve every ounce of criticism. Personally I am never buying another WB game at launch, ever.

In what other industry is this line of thinking even considered rational? You buy a car, but when your breaks malfunction you should just stop complaining and be grateful they made it in the first place? Or you buy a washing machine, and 20% of the time it ruins your clothing, or you purchase a movie ticket and three quarters through the movie the screen goes black.

Please explain in what scenario the idea of "I paid money for a product but I can't have any expectations or complain/refund when the product is shit" is considered rational.

I swear to god, today's gamers have been brainwashed into believing that getting fucked over every step of the way and getting shitty ports and shitty day one patches and fixes and having games ripped apart for pre-order DLC is perfectly acceptable and that people should never complain.

All that's missing now is people throwing the word "entitlement" around.

Bravo bravo, I salute to you my friend though I can think of a few scenario that you have no choice, but to bite the bullet like comcast has terrible speed and drop connection yet it is your only choice of internet

I too will try to get a refund from GMG

CryptiK

The words of someone who knows little, but pretends to know a lot.

I am surprised there havent been any talks of a lawsuit yet, companies usually get sued over way less than this. This was just straight up false advertisement.

NeonBlack

So did you buy Unity on release just because it was on your preferred system? Most of the people shitting on this port are mad because the console versions are better in performance and graphical. They should at least be on par if your rig is comparable. Don't just take whatever feces they throw at you and smile.

I am surprised there havent been any talks of a lawsuit yet, companies usually get sued over way less than this. This was just straight up false advertisement.
Don't most of those lawsuit end up in limbo? The only one I've seen finish is the Vita one.

komorebi

Now that GMG is poised to offer refunds if the patch doesn't fix the game (which it likely won't), I will be asking for a refund on the season pass. I will still continue to buy from GMG too because they didn't have to do this and it shows they're a great company that cares about their customers.

d00d3n

The media on the Steam store page mostly consists of CGI and promo art, but the in-game footage seems to have the same lack of AO and rain surface shader as the release version. So sadly, there is probably no false advertisement. Maybe NVIDIA are guilty of this with their "selling GPUs with free Batman" scheme, considering that they released fake footage of the game

Kinthalis

Banned

The fuck you say?

Piggus

Are people seriously trying to get a "refund" for a game they received for free as a perk for buying a video card? I can understand asking Nvidia to offer a different game (I might do this too if things aren't fixed after a while), but actually asking for money for a free voucher is just ridiculous.

The fact that Iron Galaxy Studios worked on that as well cracks me up

Borderlands 2 didn't exactly run great on 360/PS3, so why they even bothered trying to get it on Vita is beyond me.

I don't really like that people keep badmouthing Iron Galaxy. Yeah, this is a terrible port, but we don't know anything about the process. If the rumour about them having 8 weeks to port the game is true, then it's hardly their fault.

If anything it's WB's fault. They decided that this was ok to release. If it was such a mess, just postpone the PC release. Yeah, that wouldn't have gone down well, but in the end it would have been much better.

Protomanx13

Neo Member
The media on the Steam store page mostly consists of CGI and promo art, but the in-game footage seems to have the same lack of AO and rain surface shader as the release version. So sadly, there is probably no false advertisement. Maybe NVIDIA are guilty of this with their "selling GPUs with free Batman" scheme, considering that they released fake footage of the game

Nvidia makes great video card, but one does have to question about their marketing team or the people who communicate with the game developers. AMD gpu owners got screwed on Witcher 3 due to Nvidia Hairworks and now this. Even if nvidia has no involvement on the game, one would at least assume they would notice the vram issue or the 30fps cap

CryptiK

I don't understand why people keep pinning this on NVIDIA. Gameworks worked fine with Witcher 3. Its down to the shitty devs who shouldn't be in the industry. Also the fact that NVIDIA had the effects not present in the game in their videos clearly shows they are playing a different build.

My refund was approved on the morning of the 23rd, so you can add me to the list. Base game, no season pass/premium edition. EDIT: Should have mentioned I got mine on Steam!

My resolve wasn't strong enough to stop me buying the PS4 version later that day, however...

Bergerac

I hadn't bought the game yet, but as an aside, is there any kind of effect that removing the game from my Wishlist would have? Granted I'm only one person and not entirely sure how well tracked Wishlists are, but this issue made me wonder if it could have any kind of consensus ramification if it dropped from the Wishlists of every one yet to buy?

Radian8

Have reached out to NZgameshop/OZgameshop in the UK and here is their response:

Thank you for your email.

This is an issue with Steam and they are currently fixing it. With regards to the DLC, please see below:

"Thanks for your patience in this matter and I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Initially the codes we were sent from Warner Brothers were supposed to give access to the Harley Quinn DLC including the game, however after hearing back from you, the buying department investigated this. It seems that we were given incorrect information and unfortunately the codes we have sent are just for the game.

Warner Brothers have now sent us extra DLC codes which will be emailed out within the next 12-24 hours to all customers!

Once again I'm really sorry about the inconvenience caused to yourself."

I hope this helps!

Yep, it's All Steams fault...

Vitor711

Updated the tally again.

It almost makes me wonder if having us wait for the 1st patch before getting a refund on GMG will make WB take longer to ensure that the patch does fix stuff (and thus release one large patch in a week rather than several smaller ones over the next few days).

Braag

8qzb.gif

Steam Refunds:
Season Pass: 0
Base Game: 7
Premium Edition: 1

GMG Refunds:
Season Pass: 3
Base Game: 17
Premium Edition: 1

So since Steam refunds are a thing now, I thought it would be interesting to keep a tally of how many people have actually requested their money back. This would be an interesting way to see how much of a financial impact something like a bad PC port can have on a publisher/Dev.

Anyone who has requested a refund on Steam, please let me know. Unfortunately, I can't seem to add a Poll, so just type a message and I'll tally up as we go along. For anyone who bought the game elsewhere (i.e. GMG), do the same thing for refund requests (even if they're not gauranteed). I'll keep track of the *potential* lost revenue there as well. As you can see from my support ticket with them below, those might actually happen regardless.

Probably not much if the same people that are getting a refund on the game are also repurchasing the game on a new platform...

Now that GMG is poised to offer refunds if the patch doesn't fix the game (which it likely won't), I will be asking for a refund on the season pass. I will still continue to buy from GMG too because they didn't have to do this and it shows they're a great company that cares about their customers.
I don't understand this. You don't think they have to offer refunds for games that don't work right? I very much disagree with that.

Also GMG should update their rubbish refund policy. This is a response to a bigger situation, special circumstance. If it was just you having problems, you'd still have to do battle with customer support until they eventually either completely stonewall you, or bend the policy a little. Their staff has been ok in my experience, but as mentioned, policy's bad.

I'll continue buying from GMG, but I will not pre-order/day one perch from stores that don't have decent refund policies.

Elandyll

Banned

What kind of logic is That ???

Radian8

Here is my reply to NZGameshop/OZGameshop:

Hi NZG,

It is not a problem with steam at all. It's a problem with the game itself and how badly written the code of said game is, of which the responsibility sits current with Warner Brothers who are the publisher.

I understand that RockSteady games outsourced their PC port to a company called Iron Galaxy, but it's been published and released to the public by Warner Brothers in a broken state.

I am unable to play the game in it's current state as it repeatedly locks up, stutters to the point of being unplayable, sound cuts in and out etc etc...It's a defective product that I have purchased from you.

If I had purchased from you, say a Collectible Figure, and it arrived half broken and it wasn't the couriers fault but the manufacturer sent them out in this state it wouldn't be acceptable, nor is it acceptable to do this with software.

I understand that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, but as the retailer you have more power to push back on Warner Brothers than I am. As I'm sure you are aware, this isn't a 'your computer isn't up to spec' issue, it's software that has been release knowingly in a broken state. I hope that you push back against Warner Brothers over this for the sake of your loyal customers.

Cheers,

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting that GMG is offering refunds. I think I'll give it a try.

I knew I should have just stuck to my original plan of picking this up once the GOTY edition hits a Steam sale, but their 40% discount was too good to pass up.

Requested a refund from GMG, got that form letter response about processing the refund if the patch doesn't work.

Now the waiting game begins.

I will be refunding on GMG if the patch doesn't make it at the very least equivalent to the PS4 version (AO and rain effects included). If it doesn't, I will refund and probably pick up the PS4 version.

It's going to have to be a hell of a patch to prevent me from refunding. So annoyed with how shoddy this port has been. And after the previous Arkham games ran so well and had so many built in graphics settings...what a waste.

Lol super duper version? You mean where it actually fucking works like it should? That's the super duper version? Basic functionality? To have the PC version be as shit as this you need to literally not put any effort at all.

Plan to refund via GMG as soon as the patch hits. I'm not too optimistic that this initial patch will fix this broken mess of a game.

Same here. If I get AO and the rain shaders and textures back.. then I'll keep it. I don't mind the 30fps since I'm running at 4k anyway.. but absolutely MUST have my AO!

Top Bottom