• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'BATMAN - The Telltale Series' premieres digitally August 2nd

Tansut

How do Telltale games perform on the Xbox One and PS4? Historically speaking does one have an advantage or is it pretty much the same experience on both platforms?

Corpekata

Banned
How do Telltale games perform on the Xbox One and PS4? Historically speaking does one have an advantage or is it pretty much the same experience on both platforms?

Not sure but there's this one poster here that buys them all on Xbox One and then inevitably posts some sort of rant thread about the game or the way they handle things a month or two later.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That last episode took like 3 months to come out on Minecraft no? Aside from Michonne every other series i can think of (TWD/Wolf/Game of Thrones/Borderlands) all had around 2-3 months in between episodes.

The last Minecraft episode was kind of an outlier in that series because it featured Youtubers and all that stuff. Episodes 2 to 5 were released within 6 months of the first episode's debut.

JTripper

Really hope this is good. Haven't seen any impressions or reviews yet except for Greg Miller talking about the SDCC panel playthrough and saying he liked it.

If it were any other Telltale series I'd probably wait until all the episodes are out but goddamn it, it's Batman.

Yousefb

Hmm get it on steam or ps4? I played Wolf Among Us on my laptop. But I think it'll be better to see this on my tv screen.

Jocund

For what it's worth, Telltale have said they plan to have the fifth episode out before the end of the year. If they'll hit that mark, who knows.

jim2011

Typically TellTale games perform better on PC, but maybe they ironed out the bigger issues plaguing their previous games.

I wasted money buying the PC versions of Walking Dead Michonne and Minecraft Story Mode. What developer in 2016 does not support the official controller of Windows/Direct Input, the Xbox One controller? It's freaking ridiculous. I won't give Telltale another dime until they support it.

For what it's worth, Telltale have said they plan to have the fifth episode out before the end of the year. If they'll hit that mark, who knows.
lmao, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three, four times, I ain't buying shit until it's done.

I wasted money buying the PC versions of Walking Dead Michonne and Minecraft Story Mode. What developer in 2016 does not support the official controller of Windows/Direct Input, the Xbox One controller? It's freaking ridiculous. I won't give Telltale another dime until they support it.
Wait, what? Is this true?

That seems insane

Falchion

I'm going to wait and read some impressions from Gaf'ers before I decide whether to buy it tomorrow or wait for a few more episodes to come out.

I don't know about other games but both PS4 and Xbox One versions of Tales from the Borderlands have performance issues.

I watched the first half hour on a stream, it's pretty boring and bog-standard Batman so far. Very derivative of standard batman plots (Batman stops a robbery! Alfred lectures Bruce about how he's just a man! Harvey running for office!) and the dialog and voice acting are *fine* but not exactly excellent. Seems to have the expected Telltale jankiness too. I'll wait til it's $5 like I do with every Telltale game.

Yukinari

After that reveal trailer with the amateur sounding voice acting and production values i cant imagine paying money for this. Doesnt look like Telltale has learned much about polish.

I had completely forgotten about this. Was interested when I first heard about it, but I'm actually dreading the thought of playing it now. Think I have Telltale fatigue. Gonna wait and see how it turns out instead.

jacobeid

Banned
On one hand I love Batman, but on the other hand I have a bad taste for Telltale Games.

Just the other day I was trying to make it through Tales from the Borderlands and my game kept glitching/repeating the same section in episode 3 before I experienced a save glitch. Uninstalled at that point.

Hoping that this game fares better technically, but I'm out until episode 5.

There's an easy fix for this by downloading a small supplementary file and adding it to the game's file. I did it way back when TWOU came out and all my Telltale games work fine with xbone controllers now.

Tizoc

On steam and gog it is around usd 22.49
A few traders offer it dor usd 18ish

On one hand I love Batman, but on the other hand I have a bad taste for Telltale Games.

Just the other day I was trying to make it through Tales from the Borderlands and my game kept glitching/repeating the same section in episode 3 before I experienced a save glitch. Uninstalled at that point.

Hoping that this game fares better technically, but I'm out until episode 5.
What ver were u playing? Ps360?
Cuz current gen+pc platforms run their games fine

Watched the next half hour. The story gets a lot more interesting about an hour in.
though I don't think I like the "Oswald Cobblepot is Bruce's childhood friend" thing
The voice acting is still the weak point, sounds very generic and can't hold a candle to the Arkham games.

Edit: Actually Catwoman is well voiced and a noticeable step above most of the other characters in acting. Falcone sounds like Sully lol

JTripper

Just played until the first trophy/achievement unlock. Intro is well done. Really looking forward to more but I just wanted a taste tonight.

Haunted

Not even the first season of the Walking Dead, when they had almost the entire studio focused on that series instead of being mired in a dozen different projects, managed to hit one release a month (though it was close).

Tizoc

Not even the first season of the Walking Dead, when they had almost the entire studio focused on that series instead of being mired in a dozen different projects, managed to hit one release a month (though it was close).
The walking dead is not the only other game telltale made

Minecraft story was their fastest release as all 5 of the first eps in the game were released in 2015 iirc

Watched the next half hour. The story gets a lot more interesting about an hour in.
though I don't think I like the "Oswald Cobblepot is Bruce's childhood friend" thing
The voice acting is still the weak point, sounds very generic and can't hold a candle to the Arkham games.

Edit: Actually Catwoman is well voiced and a noticeable step above most of the other characters in acting. Falcone sounds like Sully lol

Same actor. :D

TheFatMan

Why these games are released as episodes months apart instead of as a complete game I will never understand.

Is there any monetary advantage to this nonsense?

Not a single person I know in my personal circles buys these games until they are on episode 4 or even finished.

This game looks great, but the thought of playing it in 2 hour sections over the course of a year is absurd to me.

Why these games are released as episodes months apart instead of as a complete game I will never understand.

Is there any monetary advantage to this nonsense?

Not a single person I know in my personal circles buys these games until they are on episode 4 or even finished.

This game looks great, but the thought of playing it in 2 hour sections over the course of a year is absurd to me.

It's a double edge sword for me. I like binge playing Telltale games but I also like waiting a month for the next episode and spend all that time speculating by myself, friends or internet folks like NeoGaf.

JTripper

It's a double edge sword for me. I like binge playing Telltale games but I also like waiting a month for the next episode and spend all that time speculating by myself, friends or internet folks like NeoGaf.

I feel the same way. Binging them gives you that immediate satisfaction of the whole story but I also like waiting since it makes me more excited to play each new episode and allows for more focused discussion. Binging can also make the experience seem too short-lasting and I might forget about a lot by speeding through it.

I only played Tales from the Borderlands on PS4 but it was a nearly flawless experience, felt like playing all the previous titles on PC.

Though I head some other series were rougher so I guess Batman could go either way

Zolo

Yeah. To me, the decision to wait or not kinda depends on how much you enjoy talking and speculating about the episodes with others.

dEvAnGeL

I will say telltale games are better had in one play trough but this being batman i pull the trigger but man does it look bad from what I've seen on streams, still have some hope

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Really liking what I've played of Episode 1, but I'm a big fan of these types of narrative focused games and an even bigger mark for Batman.

Yup. Will wait for all the episodes to come out and buy the season pass during a sale. The wait between episodes lessens the experience with these types of games imo. I like knocking the whole thing out over the course of a week.

Lol I have the game pre-ordered. I was just making a Batman Year One joke.

Top Bottom