• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Garegga Rev.2016 announced by Famitsu, "M2 ShotTriggers" release

Naked Lunch

Ive owned it a week now, but Im still in disbelief this game came out in the US. A dream come true for me playing this game on an HD console. I paid big bucks to own it on saturn 15 years ago or so. A timeless masterpiece.

1upsuper

So, I asked this before, but is anyone having trouble reassigning their X button in the localized version of Garegga? I never had this issue in the Japanese version. Now whenever I try to customize my controls, X always gets screwy. Sometimes when I reassign it it ends up becoming the pause menu button somehow. Furthermore, anytime I try to assign a different button to the rapid my set button to change the rapid fire rate, it doesn't work. I dunno what the hell is going on but I can only use default controls.

So, I asked this before, but is anyone having trouble reassigning their X button in the localized version of Garegga? I never had this issue in the Japanese version. Now whenever I try to customize my controls, X always gets screwy. Sometimes when I reassign it it ends up becoming the pause menu button somehow. Furthermore, anytime I try to assign a different button to the rapid my set button to change the rapid fire rate, it doesn't work. I dunno what the hell is going on but I can only use default controls.

Messed with it but couldn't seem to replicate any issues. Anything more specific I should try or maybe take a screenshot of your controls window? Also are you using a pad or an arcade stick?

I changed R1 to Rapid Speed. Set X to Shot with My Rapid Set enabled. Hitting R1 cycles through 10-12-15-20-30 as expected and shooting with X shoots at the set expected frequency. Pause menu and all that still seems to function all as normal, but maybe I missed something?

Oh, or maybe you've mixed up some of the options? Take a look under Controller Setting here maybe that will clear it up.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=58944

1upsuper

Messed with it but couldn't seem to replicate any issues. Anything more specific I should try or maybe take a screenshot of your controls window? Also are you using a pad or an arcade stick?

I changed R1 to Rapid Speed. Set X to Shot with My Rapid Set enabled. Hitting R1 cycles through 10-12-15-20-30 as expected and shooting with X shoots at the set expected frequency. Pause menu and all that still seems to function all as normal, but maybe I missed something?

Oh, or maybe you've mixed up some of the options? Take a look under Controller Setting here maybe that will clear it up.

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=58944
Thanks for your post. I'm using a stick. Like I said, I have no issues remapping properly with the JPN PS4 version. I'll try reinstalling. It definitely seems like a bug. It's almost as if my X button gets mapped to two buttons at the same time. Because sometimes it becomes a shot button that also increments the rapid rate, and other times it becomes a pause button when I set it to shot. Plus there's the issue with the rapid fire adjust button not actually incrementing the rapid rate unless I use default. It's bizarre.

Thanks for your post. I'm using a stick. Like I said, I have no issues remapping properly with the JPN PS4 version. I'll try reinstalling. It definitely seems like a bug. It's almost as if my X button gets mapped to two buttons at the same time. Because sometimes it becomes a shot button that also increments the rapid rate, and other times it becomes a pause button when I set it to shot. Plus there's the issue with the rapid fire adjust button not actually incrementing the rapid rate unless I use default. It's bizarre.

Which stick? Just tried with my TE2 and same results. Don't have any other PS4 sticks unfortunately so if not that one maybe someone else can help confirm.

1upsuper

Which stick? Just tried with my TE2 and same results. Don't have any other PS4 sticks unfortunately so if not that one maybe someone else can help confirm.

Hori RAP4 Kai. I'm gonna reinstall later. If the issues persist I'll just get used to the default or stick with the JPN release I guess.

Top Bottom