• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Garegga Rev.2016 announced by Famitsu, "M2 ShotTriggers" release

@MUWANdo

Banned
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/06114656.html

Retro emulation masters M2 have announced a new series of self-published releases called "M2 ShotTriggers" and two titles are confirmed for the first wave of releases: Dangun Feveron, which they announced some months ago, and Battle Garegga!

As always, we'll have to wait for the magazine to drop for more info, but Dangun Feveron was announced for PS4 so we can safely assume that's where Battle Garegga will be released, too.

Dambrosi

Banned
OOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

AND by M2, the emulation masters? Has God finally decided to bestow his Grace upon his sinful sheep?

Great. Iirc Saturn is the only home version of this game, correct?
Yes, and it's lethally expensive. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

There's a blog dedicated to Garegga's innermost workings somewhere, could someone link it, please? Thanks.

Dremark

Banned
OOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

AND by M2, the emulation masters? Has God finally decided to bestow his Grace upon his sinful sheep?

There's a blog dedicated to Garegga's innermost workings somewhere, could someone link it, please? Thanks.

I don't recall it being *that* expensive but it certainly wasn't cheap.

Anyway this wasn't something I was expecting in a good way, I never got around to picking up the Saturn version and with thier track record I'll be getting this day 1.

tpb-bg4mr7l.jpg

tpb-dfcnrv4.jpg

tpb-m2kkp20.jpg

Always wanted BG but never went all in with Saturn. PC would be the dream but PS4 is a close second for a readily available version. Can't wait.

meppi

Holy fucking shit!

Brilliant game!

Lets hope this ends up being a very long PS4 project with tons of shooters!.

Soukyugurentai next please!

Wow, that certainly went up in price over the years.
I'm so glad I got to buy all of these games as they came out at the time. :)

Coda

This is fantastic news! The PS4 is in dire need of some shmup love.

I still really want a home port of Ibara Kuro: Black Label on either PC or PS4 though.

Empty

this is amazing news. garegga becoming affordable and accessible by the best developer for the job.

Jucksalbe

Banned
This is great news. Plus the special "M2 ShotTriggers" label makes me hopeful there's plenty more coming up. Would be nice if they could release some of the otherwise extremely expensive games. This genre just has way too many of those.

YESSSSSS

Probably one of the best things I could wake up to this morning. I love the hell out of this game but never could afford to get a Saturn copy (that and I still haven't hooked up my Saturn after moving into the house).

Here's to potentially getting Battle Bakraid and Armed Police Batrider in the future!

microfolk

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK

I need a Ps4 now I can't believe this news I'm more blown away than the flamingos in a K-scoring run

danmaku

Holy crap Garegga is still alive and kicking! Great that M2 is working on it, Garegga is probably one of the hardest arcade games to port properly.

voOsh

If this doesn't come to US PSN can I make a JP PSN account and purchase/download it? The PS4 is region-open IIRC right?

shaowebb

I eagerly await playing as a ship that shoots knives into tanks again. Game is fantastic and the soundtrack reminds me of Phantasy Star IV music. Soooooooo good.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
AWESOME, I wanted to buy the Saturn version for so long but it's just so damn expensive... love Garegga mainly for its incredible Detroit techno influenced soundtrack. Also didn't even know Dangun Feveron was coming too, that's another great bonus.

JP

If this doesn't come to US PSN can I make a JP PSN account and purchase/download it? The PS4 is region-open IIRC right?
It's simple enough to do. The web page will be Japanese though so if you can't read the language then follow a recent YouTube video of somebody setting up an account in an English language region. The selections will be the same so you just do it one step at a time.

Top Bottom