• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Looking at the stats, BF1 and their DLC strategy is not in a good place with massive player drop-offs. PC in particular has kind of flatlined and PS4/XB1 on very much a downward trend.

Have a look yourselves:
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

I think this game has a combination of problems. Like unlockables. I unlocked everything within the first few days. It needs more stuff to unlock. I played 113 more hours of BF4 and i still dont have everything and im practically at the same rank i was in 4, in 113 less hours.

Yeah dlc helps but if there isnt any challenges, the game will get boring, even with the dlc. I want more stuff to unlock

Donos

Don't know why they didn't put the millions of skins behind unlocks (probably because of crate $$$).

Don't like it when you lock useful stuff like weapons/mods under high unlock tiers like in BF4. But you could really put cosmetic things behind unlock tiers in BF1. Like Titanfall 2 did with Camos/titan, pilot, weapons skins/.

Yeah, I kind of agree with the unlock thing. Once you've played countless of hours, it can get stale and having unlocks helps to give you goals, so to speak. Yeah, the medals are nice and all, but some of them are ridiculous the random ones that appear weekly can be ones you've already cleared.

I could see it as why all the DLC weapons are behind unlock requirements, which is dumb because you paid for those already.

Donos

Friend unlocked them all in short amount of time, even the tedious ones, because...he wanted them just unlocked. Playing with them? Naww.

I should buy him BF4 in the next sale for 5 € because there he can unlock for a while...

Coolluck

I was really hoping that the 2nd DLC was being held for E3 because EA consistently has jack. But at the rate they're going, it makes sense why there was only 9 maps at launch.

I just bought this and I have one question: why are almost all of the emplaced weapons in places where they can't realistically shoot at anything? It's always either useless field of fire or so exposed you die in a second.

Woooooow, I was trying to get the SMG medal and I was at the last step, get 5 kills in one life. I did that, got the ribbon and boom! No medal, instead it removed my previous step of 10 headshots and left me back at 1/3 steps.

This game is feeling a bit shaky.

edit: I looked at my active medal, and it gave me back the 10 headshots step after about 15 seconds! Not going to try any of these....

Bad7667

Really regret buying that premium pass. I just never thought the dlc would release this slow. Like the 2nd pack is almost a full year from the original release date.

Olengie

Turning Tides set for December and Apocalypse set for Early 2018. Still pretty bs that there are no freee maps for everyone. Premium Friends can only do so much .

Shame, I might be playing COD WWII by then. ><

full details on the russian dlc

-6 maps
-11 weapons (tsnp had 5 weapons not including the variations)
-new grenade
-new vehicles (bomber, armored car behemoth, landing craft)
-new cavalry moveset
-new stationary weapon
-new game mode: supply drop

very meaty expansion but yah, i hope the interest is still there in september

terrible

Banned
I'm so glad I didn't bother with Premium this time. After realizing I never played the new maps in BF4 because it was hard to find full servers with them like a month after release I figured it'd be the same here but it sounds even worse this time around. They really should just make them free to everyone.

So they're releasing only the 2nd piece of DLC in what will be just shy of a year of its initial release date, in September, when Destiny 2 is due?

Seriously?

Chanser

HKbmDO1.jpg

Not active here.

Not active here.
Double xp for less than 2 days lmao

Also 6 maps is a nice surprise, September sucks but it was rumored then so whatever but please just release at least the French dlc maps to the public and make them mandatory downloads

And then when dlc 3 releases, make 2 free and etc. Etc. Until dlc 4 maps become free to the public a month or two after the 4th dlc launches

leng jai

Game is on sale for $32AUD if you have Origin Access. How is it these days? I played hours and hours of BC2 but not much of BF 3/4. Feels like I might be a bit too LTTP for this one.

Striker

Late summer release stinks but oh well. I play for a few good hours every day or most of the week. Still pushing for that MP Optical headshot challenge to unlock the Ribeyrolles.

bakeray

Thinking about jumping in cus of the sale.. seems like I should just buy the standard edition based on the comments here?

terrible

Banned
I initially thought War Pigeons was a gimmicky clusterfuck mode but it's starting to grow on me the more I play it. When you get a couple evenly matched teams tied at 2-2 and neither side can successfully get the third pigeon safely released for ages it can be pretty fun and rewarding. Then there are the million 3-0 blowouts where nobody has fun, but that's multiplayer gaming in general isn't it lol.

Thinking about jumping in cus of the sale.. seems like I should just buy the standard edition based on the comments here?

Definitely just get the regular edition. I got Premium for BF3 and BF4 but skipped it for BF1 and I don't feel like I'm missing a thing.

I get that they want to keep the game relevant and keep pushing content until the next Battlefield but six months between DLCs is way too long.

Game is on sale for $32AUD if you have Origin Access. How is it these days? I played hours and hours of BC2 but not much of BF 3/4. Feels like I might be a bit too LTTP for this one.

I liked BF3 and 4 a lot but this is definitively the best Battlefield since Bad Company 2 (which I think is the best online shooter ever). Peak player count on PC is around 25k a day so it is still active.

WillyFive

Waiting till September is bold, like Nintendo bold.

But at least the Russuan DLC looks like an actual expansion pack, unlike the French one which barely had anything new.

Turkoop

Banned
I mean DLC sounds really good and more things coming that I imagined. But September is way too late, Destiny 2 will be out then.

ThisOne

Might as well add my voice to the chorus saying that September is way too late for the 2nd DLC, regardless of what it is. I was hoping for July or August at the latest. Really starting to lose interest in the game. I have the Season Pass so I'll at least check it out in September but probably won't play the game much between now and then.

Battlefield 4 already had four expansions released before Battlefield 1 will have had two. Can't really see myself buying a Season Pass in the future for these games, assuming they keep this model the same. Can't imagine they'll keep it the same for Battlefield 2 or 5 or whatever they call the next game.

Yah, I imagine that come autumn I'll be more fired up for Battlefront 2. New DLC to entice more players for summer would've been ideal.

Mahonay

Banned
Has anyone else been having the glitch where your tank shots just suddenly stop working completely? Most rounds I'll grab a heavy tank, and ever since the last patch I get a pretty consistent glitch where all of the sudden my tank's guns will 100 percent stop working. It will show on my screen that I'm shooting, but it's not actually doing anything, and the round just immediately reloads instantly, it will also let met shoot faster than normal, but none of the shots register damage on the map environment or on enemies. Drive around enough and it just goes away and fixes it's self. I don't fucking get it. It's driving me insane.

Is there something specific that's causing this? It's been happening to me since the latest patch.

I'm on PS4 BTW.

Been out of Bf1 for a long time. They didnt add any free maps right? And have people largely found timer grenades better than grenade spam?

LightInfa

Finally picked up premium due to the PSN sale. Wanna try out the French DLC operations but they seem to be completely empty. Did I miss the boat on those or do you at least get some full games at peak hours?

The new expansion looks great. I'm excited to learn more about the new calvary moveset. And as a Premium pass owner, I wish the previous expansions were made free each time a new expansion released.

I never have any problems finding Conquest matches in either mode, but I want all maps incorporated into a single rotation.

Finally picked up premium due to the PSN sale. Wanna try out the French DLC operations but they seem to be completely empty. Did I miss the boat on those or do you at least get some full games at peak hours?

Nah, it's always been tough to find a full server even when the DLC first came out. Dice just didn't implement good matchmaking for the Operations mode. They're not available on the server browser, and the DLC and standard Operations maps are separated with only the standard ones appearing when you choose quickmatch.

Darkwater

Upgraded from a Core i3-4160 to an i5-4590 to get better frames in 64 player matches. No luck, unfortunately. According to Fraps benchmarks viewed in Frafs, my 1% fps is still 40, sometimes 30 in these games. Bummer. Anyone care to weigh in and tell me what processor you're using and if it gets you 60fps, even in demanding scenes?

Upgraded from a Core i3-4160 to an i5-4590 to get better frames in 64 player matches. No luck, unfortunately. According to Fraps benchmarks viewed in Frafs, my 1% fps is still 40, sometimes 30 in these games. Bummer. Anyone care to weigh in and tell me what processor you're using and if it gets you 60fps, even in demanding scenes?

You need more than 4 threads i.e. a i7 with 8.

Pretty sure both the i3 and i5 have only 4.

I have an i5-4690k (not overclocked) with a GTX 1070 and 8 GB RAM playing on a mix of High/Highest settings. I get around 90-100 fps most of the time. 130-140 in some cases. Sometimes though it will drop down to 50, but that's very rare, and only on certain maps.

Top Bottom