• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

They seriously need to rework Operations so that it's just a continuous rolling set of maps. It's dumb that everyone has to quit at the end of an Operation. Why not just load the next one? It's such a great mode but I rarely get into a game these days and have yet to play the new Operations DLC.
And no server browser, sometimes I'm amazed that DICE has made as many multiplayer shooters that they have and still manage to make mind boggling decisions that take months (if ever) to fix.
Ever since they added map voting before the match Amiens has been far and away the most voted map. To the point I've gotten sick of it and vote against it every time it comes up for vote.
I really really really hope they remove map voting. I like Amiens too, probably my favorite map along with St. Quentin Scar but Jesus it wins every single vote.

Don't even get me started on dlc Playlist voting.

Yeah ever since map voting got implemented, I had no idea people loved to play Suez and Sinai. Then again, people do love to snipe at the edge of the map and don't contribute to the objective.

Yeah ever since map voting got implemented, I had no idea people loved to play Suez and Sinai. Then again, people do love to snipe at the edge of the map and don't contribute to the objective.

It makes me wonder why there are no dice servers without voting? is this complicated to implement? I hate voting. People always vote for the same shit. What a dumbass feature to implement.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Players are still soaked in gasoline and combust from looking at fire or running by a flare.

Orcus

Players are still soaked in gasoline and combust from looking at fire or running by a flare.
Yeah, it's kind of a cheesy game mexhanic, but the screams never get old. It's worth it just got that alone, otherwise you would only hear it when someone hits with molotov cocktail. =D

Nizz

Has the framerate gotten even worse with this patch? Amazing how well this game ran at launch compared to now, even playing smaller player count games like Rush. :/

Meccs

So I had hoped the new DLC would be out anytime soon but it's not out until July or later? Man, they really messed up the DLC schedule this time imho...

Darkwater

They accidentally gave us a beta version of a patch. Super buggy and unfinished.

Source?

Also, I'm having some trouble getting good frames on my 'rig' in BF1. I have..

• AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
  • Intel Core i3-4160 (3.6GHz, socket 1150)
  • 2 x 4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
  • Game runs off a SATA 600 SSD with a read speed of about 550MB/s

So I'm pretty sure the cpu is bottlenecking me here. Seeing as this is nearly the best i3 that you can get on socket 1150, I'm guessing it's time for a good i5. Agree, anyone?

edit: some YouTube-benchmarks of my card and cpu seem to confirm this.

noomi

Can barely find any PC servers that are running DLC maps....

Fucking sucks, premium is totally not worth it :(

5taquitos

So I had hoped the new DLC would be out anytime soon but it's not out until July or later? Man, they really messed up the DLC schedule this time imho...
Yeah, Dice's DLC schedule has gotten bad, it started with Battlefront and has gotten worse here.

WillyFive

Source?

• AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
  • 2 x 4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

So I'm pretty sure the cpu is bottlenecking me here. Seeing as this is nearly the best i3 that you can get on socket 1150, I'm guessing it's time for a good i5. Agree, anyone?

I also have an i3; BF1 does not run well on i3 processors, I get the same framerate on low settings that I do on Ultra.

As for the bugs, just last night the UI disappeared on me twice, and the end screen showed my avatar for every single player.

Chanser

Since the new patch, I'm getting multiple copies of the same avatar.
1496286869-bf1-2017-06-01-04-12-29-895.png

Darkwater

I also have an i3; BF1 does not run well on i3 processors, I get the same framerate on low settings that I do on Ultra.

As for the bugs, just last night the UI disappeared on me twice, and the end screen showed my avatar for every single player.

I've noticed the same thing. If the processor is bottlenecking, you can adjust graphics settings all you want. I'll get a shit fps in a 64-player match whether I'm on Ultra or Low and in a 24-player match it does Ultra just fine.

I'm eyeing a used i5-4590. I'll report back on how it fares in the heaviest situations.

Can barely find any PC servers that are running DLC maps....

Fucking sucks, premium is totally not worth it :(

Yup. It's gotten to the point where all of my favorite servers are on the east coast, where my ping is 88-90. It's as if west coast TSNP servers don't exist. When doing the quickmatch search it almost always puts me into an empty server which is the best feeling ever.

A shame, really. I actually dig the new maps a lot. Fort De Vaux CQ is insanely fun.

Donos

Dice really is fucking this up. My friends and me still get put in empty operations servers.

Best thing is the new operations thingy is glitched. After one operation round we stayed. Then the new (same) map began and when you hit the menue button or want to go to squad menue the game puts you to the end stats screens of the round before.

Only way to get out of there is to leave the game... Needs a hotfix.

Ps4

Edit:worked fine the second time after an Operation. Still...

Still rocking that Model 10 A Hunter and closing in on 30 Service Stars. Don't really want to play with something else in that class, even the Hellriegel (which everybody else and their mama uses). Such a good handling even after the countless nerfs. Tried the other shotties but they feel off (burn that damn slug version in hell. These 50 kills for the unlock of the swedish shotty were hell).

Mahonay

Banned
Sure as fuck hope they are working on a fix for Operations matchmaking.

Improving Operations matchmaking was supposed a main feature of their huge update and they broke it completely, lol. DICE pls.

noomi

Yup. It's gotten to the point where all of my favorite servers are on the east coast, where my ping is 88-90. It's as if west coast TSNP servers don't exist. When doing the quickmatch search it almost always puts me into an empty server which is the best feeling ever.

A shame, really. I actually dig the new maps a lot. Fort De Vaux CQ is insanely fun.

I'm getting all empty servers on PC, can't find a fucking domination game for like 3 days now.

I haven't even played 3 of the new DLC maps because there are no servers :****(

Even when I set filters to include every single region, they are mostly empty. A conquest game won't start unless you have 10 players.

manhack

Seems like breaking maps into DLC was a mistake. This game is awesome, but too many issues with longevity and full servers with this game for me to jump on premium like I did with BF4. I'll wait until it is on sale before buying premium.

In the meantime the base game is fun for weekly romps through the maps and game modes.

Orcus

Something feels off since the patch. I'm assuming it's net code changes. What it feels like is the client indication to being shot seems delayed or off somehow. The end result is that it seems like the ttk for enemies shooting you is shorter. Maybe I've just had a bad run a servers, but my connection stats didn't seem out of the norm for me.

July lol, more like late august or september. It's ridiculous

what the bloody fuck is taking so long all the time, its 4 fucking maps with a few ribbons and guns. Holy hell these guys are really not effective. If the population keeps dropping, they only have themseleves to blame.

what the bloody fuck is taking so long all the time, its 4 fucking maps with a few ribbons and guns. Holy hell these guys are really not effective. If the population keeps dropping, they only have themseleves to blame.

It's almost 8 months released and we got 4 maps, i mean c'mon dice

ive been charitable to dice for a long time but the release schedule for the dlc is laughable and they're going to get smoked by competing shooters as the year goes on

Looking at the stats, BF1 and their DLC strategy is not in a good place with massive player drop-offs. PC in particular has kind of flatlined and PS4/XB1 on very much a downward trend.

Have a look yourselves:
https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population?days=-1

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm surprisingly non-fussed about the schedule, but I distract myself with other things, and still recognise that the current model is greatly outdated. Premium pass requirements for wait-for-expansion distribution model is no longer applicable in the modern market. Instead of waiting months for four maps those maps should be distributed evenly over the same period, and honestly the content should be free. I know game development costs money and isn't made on dreams and wishes, but the multiplayer games need sustainable post-launch support that the end user doesn't have to worry about. Pass-required map packs fragment the player base and fuck up server rotations. It was a major issue with Battlefront's small local community; despite buying the season pass it became exceedingly difficult and a times impossible to find games using the expansion packs. After the initial Outer Rim rush it was literally impossible for me to ever find another game on those maps unless I searched globally, which was unreasonable for obvious reasons.

Times have changed, and so EA/DICE need to adapt.

blacklotus

Source?

• AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
  • 2 x 4GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Can't really compare, because i have no expertise on the subject...
But, my fx6300 was COMPLETELY bottlenecking my GTX670.
Bought a Tomahawk+Ryzen5 1600 combo, whily switching from DDR3 to DDR4 (8GB) and i went from not being able to play BF1 - really bad fps PLUS 1 digit frame drops - to being able to play on my max pc resolution and on High settings!

Nando13

Guys, I'm thinking about buying the first DLC (no season pass). It's the only game I'm currently playing and I got a little tired of playing the same maps all over again.

Should I buy it? I've seen a lot of hate about the season pass here.

Lulu23

Guys, I'm thinking about buying the first DLC (no season pass). It's the only game I'm currently playing and I got a little tired of playing the same maps all over again.

I think the maps themselves are quite nice (I really like Fort De Vaux and Soissons for example), but the fact DICE never integrates DLC into base game map rotations plus the fact that Operations games are hard to find because they can't get the matchmaking right are major turnoffs for buying the season pass.

WillyFive

For all the problems the season pass has, there is no scenario where only buying the map pack is a better deal.

Nando13

I think the maps themselves are quite nice (I really like Fort De Vaux and Soissons for example), but the fact DICE never integrates DLC into base game map rotations plus the fact that Operations games are hard to find because they can't get the matchmaking right are major turnoffs for buying the season pass.

For all the problems the season pass has, there is no scenario where only buying the map pack is a better deal.

Ok, thanks. I will think again about it.

I love this game but the shrinking PC player base really kills it for me. Can barely find any west coast vanilla servers, and I haven't played any TSNP maps since launch for similar reasons.

Don't think I'll be purchasing the next game if they keep the current Premium model.

Which is a damn shame because the mechanics and most vanilla maps are so good.

Donos

At least on Consoles, they are going to do it like with BF3 and BF4 and do constant sales, without premium dirt cheap and with premium like 20 € or so. The BF4 population on PS4 is still rather strong.

WillyFive

At least on Consoles, they are going to do it like with BF3 and BF4 and do constant sales, without premium dirt cheap and with premium like 20 € or so. The BF4 population on PS4 is still rather strong.

Premium for BF3 and BF4 were fantastic values and poster child's for how a Premium model could actually be worth it. BF1 is not that.

Top Bottom