• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 PC Performance Thread

A2NsmGM.png

Release Date: Origin Access Play First Trial as of now.
Developer: DICE SE
Publisher: Electronic Arts

System Requirements:
wJNZbgZ.jpg

W.I.P

Will post settings, etc when I am home and able to play the game.

Played about an hour and a half now. Game runs fantastic with it looks like an average of 60FPS on my 1070 at 1080p.

Turning DX12 on has caused me some issues. There's some weird texture flickering when I turn it on. When I turn it off the game behaves normally. Guess I should wait for NVIDIA drivers before flipping the DX12 switch?

aka_bueno

I'm downloading the trial now, will post impressions later for my mid-high system in case anyone else is running something similar.

Specs
CPU: i7 6700 stock (non k)
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4
SSD: Intel 600p M.2

i7-2600k @ stock
GTX 680 2GB
16GB RAM

Haven't tested multiplayer yet but the campaign runs at 45-60+ fps at 1080p with everything at ultra except AA, which I have at high FXAA.

EDIT: Ok things aren't so hot in multiplayer on this setup. Even at low at 1080p I am getting regular dips down to 45-50.

It's expected with this level of hardware, but during my hands-on time at a review event, we played at a locked 60 on ultra settings, using an i7 5930k and a R9 Fury X.

Afro

The in-game frame limiter still doesn't do anything for me.

I'm using RTSS to cap the game at 100 fps.

AMD FX-6300 3.8mhz Turbo
GTX 1060 6GB
16gb DDR3 RAM
1080P

Played the campaign prologue at a mostly stable 60FPS (Vsync enabled), Ultra settings. Only dropped a few times to maybe 48-50fps. Looks fucking amazing, I'll tell you that. Resolution scaling is fixed, btw!

Edit: Turning on DX12 cuts my fps in half. Damn boy.

holygeesus

Banned
I realise this isn't exactly on-topic but does Origin Access let you download and play early only games you have pre-ordered?

IMACOMPUTA

i7-2600k @ stock
GTX 680 2GB
16GB RAM

Haven't tested multiplayer yet but the campaign runs at 45-60+ fps at 1080p with everything at ultra except AA, which I have at high FXAA.

EDIT: Ok things aren't so hot in multiplayer on this setup. Even at low at 1080p I am getting regular dips down to 45-50.

Overclock that god damn cpu, my friend!!!!
4ghz and you'll be flying with 60 of the eff pee esses!

Phinor

This game on ultra runs better than Gears/Mafia (duh)/you name it on my machine (6700k@4.6GHz, GTX 1080) while looking pretty damn awesome. Not that those other games don't look good or mostly run pretty well but this is just a step above even. I'm at times hitting 144fps cap on my monitor with everything at maximum, 2560x1440. Just insane optimizations from DICE, love it. Time to add some resolution scale I suppose.

I wish Forza Horizon 3 was done as well as this game on PC. That game looks great and at times runs really well but the stuttering just ruins the experience.

The beta was Ultra at 1440p60 for me on my 980ti so this should be that and or better. Now if only my download could actually work, it keeps downloading then losing files. I restarted and still have issues, 6% then 4% then 5% then 3%.

Mr_JoseyWales

Neo Member
The beta was Ultra at 1440p60 for me on my 980ti so this should be that and or better. Now if only my download could catually work, it keeps downloading then losing files. I restarted and still have issues, 6% then 4% then 5% then 3%.

Thanks for sharing - was hoping someone would post 980ti performance.

IMACOMPUTA

Yeah I will. This is my old PC and I removed the overclock but know it can hit 4.3 comfortably.
I didn't realize but I removed the overclock on my machine during a bios update while trying to solve a separate issue.
Couldn't get 60fps in the bf1 alpha.
Realized my overclock wasn't applied and after reapplying hit 60 comfortably no sweat.

That's on an i5 3570k @4.4ghz and a 980ti.

I'm interested to hear what you get after overclocking. I have a friend trying to build a battlefield 1 PC as cheap as possible.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
AMD FX-6300 3.8mhz Turbo
GTX 1060 6GB
16gb DDR3 RAM
1080P

Played the campaign prologue at a mostly stable 60FPS (Vsync enabled), Ultra settings. Only dropped a few times to maybe 48-50fps. Looks fucking amazing, I'll tell you that. Resolution scaling is fixed, btw!

Edit: Turning on DX12 cuts my fps in half. Damn boy.

Ultra on the FX6300? Nice. Weird that the minimum is a 6350, since there's pretty much no difference between the two at all. I have mine locked to 3.7. DX12 mode was kinda weird in the beta too, hopefully just a driver thing. You should consider getting an aftermarket cooler and OCing the CPU though, thats my current plan, most 6300s overclock really well, could probably bump it to 4.5 without too much issue

All of you guys with AMD CPUs do you have shitty boards\OEM setups or something? They are all atleast guaranteed to 4.5Ghz with fairly low voltages on the 6XXX and below and would be damn potent in all but a handful of games that really demand Intel.

aka_bueno

I'm downloading the trial now, will post impressions later for my mid-high system in case anyone else is running something similar.

Specs
CPU: i7 6700 stock (non k)
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4
SSD: Intel 600p M.2

So I played the prologue and the first 3 (out of 4) missions in the first "Through Mud and Blood" scenario and it was locked at 60fps at 1080p ultra settings with vsync. I did not see it drop once with the above specs, if the rest of the single player is like this than wow. And I thought Gears of War 4 was really well optimized!

That said, I didn't have the DX12 button enabled. What's it supposed to bring visually?

I didn't realize but I removed the overclock on my machine during a bios update while trying to solve a separate issue.
Couldn't get 60fps in the bf1 alpha.
Realized my overclock wasn't applied and after reapplying hit 60 comfortably no sweat.

That's on an i5 3570k @4.4ghz and a 980ti.

I'm interested to hear what you get after overclocking. I have a friend trying to build a battlefield 1 PC as cheap as possible.

Did a quick overclock (will likely need a bit more tweaking) and am now able to run the campaign at a basically locked 60fps at ultra and multiplayer is doing much better, I still see a few dips but it's running at a fairly solid 60fps on high settings.

FrsDvl

i5 6500 stock
GTX 1060 6GB
8GB Ram

Ultra settings 1080p @ 60fps for the most part. The odd drop down into the 50s when there's too many explosions at once. Good enough for me!

IMACOMPUTA

Did a quick overclock (will likely need a bit more tweaking) and am now able to run the campaign at a basically locked 60fps at ultra and multiplayer is doing much better, I still see a few dips but it's running at a fairly solid 60fps on high settings.

Awesome. So ultra is a no go for mp? Still impressive for a 680.

ISee

i7 6700k [@4500]
GTX 1070 G1 Gaming [@2088mhz]
16GB RAM [@3066mhz]
Windows 10 anniversary edition
DX11
1080p + 60% (3072x1728)
Ultra settings
First story mission
68-80fps

Looks and runs like a dream.

edit: honestly... this is a technical masterpiece.

DICE just keeps on impressing me. Like Battlefront looked amazing and ran great, but this just takes it to a whole new level. My game is still installing, but I was able to play the prologue and some of the first mission. It’s just simply amazing.

I7-960
GTX 980
32GB RAM
Win 10 anniversary

I just kept it on the auto settings which were high, TAA, and playing on 1080p. I’m averaging 80 fps. Simply amazing, it’s easily the best game I've ever seen with insane optimization.

Like DICE just blows any other dev out of the water. It's not even close.

Rur0ni

Absolutely gorgeous.

3930k @ 4Ghz
64GB DDR3
GTX 1080

Defaulted to Ultra at 1440p. Jumped into MP on Sinai (admittedly empty) and had 80-100fps. Will gather a bit more metrics later.

GTX 1080
i5 660k
1440p

80-110 fps in multiplayer. There is some freeze when the cpu usage reach 100%, very rare but it happened. The biggest concern for me right now is stability, it crashed 3 times in 1 hour.

Enclose

I5 3570
GTX 980TI
16GB RAM
Win 10 x64

Locked 60FPS, CPU is at 100% usage, campaign runs great without problems on Ultra.
In MP on the big maps (conquest) im getting some drops to the 45-55 here and there but otherwhise it runs very good.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
i5 4670
16 GB RAM (DDR3)
GTX 1080
Win 10 x64

Everything defaulted to Ultra, currently running at 2880 x 1620 (not using the in game scaling option, just picking the resolution as have DSR enabled in Nvidia control panel), no drops below 90fps.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet as it's still downloading from what I'm reading here I hope not to see any dips below what I'm currently getting, will hopefully know more tomorrow.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
DX12 worth it in this game?

Running at ultra I'm getting on average 110-120fps in the campaign, and about 90-100 in 64-player multiplayer. During heavy firefights it can go down to the 60s, but never below that.

i5-6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

1050p res.

I really appreciate when developers implement internal downsampling. Works much better than DSR for me.

Can't wait to try on October 21st!

i5 6600K @ 4.6ghz
2x gtx 1080

Maxed out @ 4K+110% resolution seems like a stable 60fps in the campaign. I'm sure multiplayer won't be the same but still impressive

Top Bottom