• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 PC Performance Thread

Pjsprojects

Does this game have any known problems with overlays or certain drivers?

Im getting crashes at any point in game or even in menus. The Windows report box pops up and the game closes.running MSi overlay.
FX8350@4.2
R9-290X
16gb @1833

Never had a problem with the beta.

Right this game is driving me nuts. Before I contact EA themselves, I want to try and sort this:

I can't get my game settings (video and key bindings) to stay. Every time I exit the game, or change rounds, they revert to default.

So far I've (and for each stage I've opened the game, changed settings, closed it, reopened, etc to check that they have remained):

Restarted the game
Restarted the PC
Used Origin to check for errors in the files
Turned off cloud saving
Gave Origin Admin rights
Gave BF1.exe admin rights
Tried turning 'Read only' off and on again in various folders (in program files and in my documents in the Bf1 folders.

Probably a few more. Is it worth deleting my BF1 folder in my documents, then repairing the install again using origin? Any other ideas?

Last patch seems to drop performance for me

i5-4690 @3,5ghz (boost to 4)
16GB DDR3-1600
GTX 970 with slight OC

I can run the game from 55-90 on average, but lately the game just likes to drop to 40-30 and stutter like crazy. 100 percent cpu usage and all that jazz.

Tried the pre-rendered frames 1 thing, but that introduced some kind of annoying micro-stutter, so disabled that again.

Funny thing is; some days it stutters, some days it doesn't. It's completely weird.

Last patch seems to drop performance for me

i5-4690 @3,5ghz (boost to 4)
16GB DDR3-1600
GTX 970 with slight OC

I can run the game from 55-90 on average, but lately the game just likes to drop to 40-30 and stutter like crazy. 100 percent cpu usage and all that jazz.

Tried the pre-rendered frames 1 thing, but that introduced some kind of annoying micro-stutter, so disabled that again.

Funny thing is; some days it stutters, some days it doesn't. It's completely weird.

What have you tried? FPS limiter in-game, in RivaTuner, new drivers? Haven't seen worse performance, but I haven't updated drivers lately, so it could be that. What in-game settings?

Super late to the thread and the OP isn't updated

Any fix for the 100% CPU usage issue? I have a 6600K at 4.2 GHz + a 1070 but I'm still dropping to <30 FPS at 1440p at times with my GPU usage staying at 60%-ish and all 4 CPU cores getting maxed.

Pre-rendered frames to 1 didn't do anything

Monitor is a 1440p gsync, game is on my SSD

Anyone else getting frame dips on GTX 1080? I used to never get noticeable dips till about 2 months ago when ever the then new Nvidia drivers released and it's been the same ever since.

What have you tried? FPS limiter in-game, in RivaTuner, new drivers? Haven't seen worse performance, but I haven't updated drivers lately, so it could be that. What in-game settings?

Tried Riva, Tried ingame limit to 120 (use a gsync monitor)
resolution is 1080p.

Settings doesn't really matter much, happens on both the low and ultra presets. Only TDM and Operations (for some reason) work well. Rest of the modes have this framedrop stutter.

When I put the game on DX12 most of the stutter dissapears but the framerate becomes low consistently. When I put the game back on dx11 after the stutter is gone for 3-4 matches before returning. It's really weird.

Also; on TDM the CPU also hits 100 percent. GPU is around 30-60 percent.

I do use the newest drivers, since BF1 isn't the only game I play. Also on the Win10 creators update, but have disabled all the gaming stuff. Is a OS reinstall in the books? *cry* Would have to find out what my CD Key for windows is then, since I upgraded from win8

Top Bottom